What Are You Currently Playing?

On 11/29/2021 at 6:20 PM, Androdion said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been burning the midnight oil way too much lately. Bring on the coffee! :coffeecup:

oh man I gotta stop digging to so much into this liquid gold... i sometimes forget to drink water, and it can have adverse effect on productivity...ahhh, but the stuff's so good!

:viking:

gogo

3 hours ago, Rotluchs said:

325hrs of Wolcen, how did this happen ? :)  (I definitely didn't fell asleep in front of the screen, I would remember that, as it would also include falling off my chair I guess ^^ .. but finally stopped playing it last summer )

I quite enjoyed a playthrough of the campaign a few months ago.  I did not pursue much of the endgame content or roll a second character, though I'm sure I will return to it at some point.  I played an ether mage-type character.

(except for D2:Res , I refunded it in the end.. got some open issues with that game that Vicarious Visions hasn't resolved/fixed yet..

I absolutely cannot stop playing this one, to the point where my muscles and joints are getting messed up from too much sitting. It's just as addictive as I remember it being 20 years ago. It's taken quite a few mods to whip it "into shape" to my modern tastes though, thus I play strictly offline.

yesterday,  a new Addon/StoryDLC  has been released for Titan Quest:Anniversary Edition, all out of the sudden,

Titan Quest was the main reason that brought me here today, there you have it, now you know

Wow! I can't believe after all these years, one of my all-time favorites is still getting updated.  I'm going to have to pick this one up and roll a new character!  :woot:

• Like! 1

..you know, after writing this yesterday,

I loaded up TQ Eternal Embers again as I wanted to check  the new controller support..

and, in general, it works better than I expected ! 

just having one issue, whenever I choose the controller for input, the game ignores the ingame (or windows?) DPI settings and  things like the mini map and also the character inventory look pretty small, even when close in front of the screen ( @ 4K )...

I hope this gets fixed fast..

also tried FH5 again after dec 3rd patch last night, which turned out broke more things for me than it fixed,

got sooo upset / disappointed about this game right away again, I might take a longer break and play things like TQ for real instead,

even though there are quite I few things I wanted to complete  before leaving FH5 ..I also want to leave them some more in depth review / feedback on their official FH5 forum, but each time I try to write it down and get to the point, I give up, frustrated..

@Flix man, I almost forgot I could have tried some mods, if I had decided to go SP as well.. I remember, there were many mods for the original D2, right?

What mods are you using, is it okay to use them, and is 'single player' really 'offline' like it used to be with the original ?

Maybe you can link me to one of the 'good' sites regarding mods for the new D2:Res .. I might even re-buy it then, haven't thought about modding-possibilities at all before..  in general I'm missing a lot of QoL comfort, and maybe vanilla drop rates are a bit too much of a PITA for me and my limited free time I could sink into D2..

I always said I'm looking forward to D2:Res because I missed out on the original (only played D1, then Sacred1&2 ofc, then D3)

but, I was really missing 'comfort' :

things that ease&speed up certain things, it had too much micro-management & repetitive gameplay ('farming' for stuff.. but maybe PoE is even worse?)

I love listening & looking @ D2:Res!  but did not enjoy playing it:

inconvenient, circuitous control/ time consuming gameplay, but great art/atmosphere/storytelling  (for a h&s arpg, that is)

I was also shocked by the bad hit/feedback lag/delay I noticed in the pre-release online test of the new D2:Res..

maybe it was because of the servers (lagging), or because of the way the new game works on top of the old one..

so I checked the original game (in SP though)  - and there, the animations were the same, 'simple' ones,

but after the animation of your character hitting an enemy had ended, you would 'see' the enemy reaction/getting hit animation, without delay,  unlike D2:Res (MP test pre-release) ..

can someone who has both version installed, do a quick test, this time within the same game mode? (single player)

is there a noticeable delay / difference

in the animations and the duration / timing between them,

from  'clicking' an enemy to seeing your character performing that hit,

and the enemy 'registering' it by playing it's  'I've been hit' anmiation in response ?

if even SP mode turns out to be that unresponsive/laggy now after release & some patches,

I might not re-buy it on sale cause I guess even mods won't be able to fix that..

I hope what  I experienced was 'only' because of the laggy MP servers and suspect that SP is different, just want to make sure there's no bad surprise again regarding that one (it was the most anoying issue I had during testing, and one of the main reasons why I  refunded it instead of keeping it..  there was no way to tell if it would be like that after release in SP mode, the stress test was MP only)

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Like! 1
On 11/9/2021 at 7:58 AM, Spock said:

The problem with my hand dates back to when I had a stroke about 2 years ago. I wish it were as simple as Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. My entire right side is always slightly numb and my hand is getting harder to even close.

On a bright note, the index finger of my left hand, the one I usually use to type with, is getting more and more distorted from Arthur Ittis. Damn him anyway!

I will continue on as best I can until I can't. Simple as that. At least I don't have a regular job I need to keep up with, just "Honey Do's".

I am playing Fallout 4 on my PC and MoO2 mostly on my iMac but occasionally on my PC as well.

I was in a wheelchair for a few years, I did a lot of research on regenerative methods and techniques. If you can go to a hyperbaric oxygen center and get them to turn the pressure above 2 atmospheres (against regulation) you'll produce 15-25x the normal amount of stem cells. A big animal vet may also be able to assist, if you're in a more rural area. There is also LangenburgWater.com and it works with a similar method, similar results. Google search "hyperbaric oxygen stem cell" for some research papers that were confirmed and peer reviewed. There are other techniques that I feel stranger about posting publicly.

3 hours ago, rorschachrev said:

I was in a wheelchair for a few years, I did a lot of research on regenerative methods and techniques. If you can go to a hyperbaric oxygen center and get them to turn the pressure above 2 atmospheres (against regulation) you'll produce 15-25x the normal amount of stem cells. A big animal vet may also be able to assist, if you're in a more rural area. There is also LangenburgWater.com and it works with a similar method, similar results. Google search "hyperbaric oxygen stem cell" for some research papers that were confirmed and peer reviewed. There are other techniques that I feel stranger about posting publicly.

Hi and welcome to the forums! How has this worked out for you personally?

😊

gogo

On 12/4/2021 at 7:04 PM, Rotluchs said:

Hey, how're you? :)

You know, logging in here like 2-4 times a year, it's a bit weired, almost feels like xmas family reunion.. :)

PPS: Merry X-Mas and Happy Easter, too, in adavance, because, who knows.. !

(I do plan to stop by at least once more before then though)

CYA !

lol.. yes, that feeling.. this site brings back all the old members during the holidays and i guess its feels like its "always christmas" for members returning on Sacred Vacations... not a bad retreat eh?  

I'm happy to see you're at least trying so many games with your family Rottluchs, or sleepy attempts :lol: ...

you're remaining ambitious monsieur!

:viking:

gogo

On 12/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, DocHoff said:

https://www.vintagestory.at/

I love roleplaying games, I've been playing them since the mid-80s, every shape and form I can imagine. Slaying dragons, rescuing damsels, breathing new life into a dying realm, shiny loot, deadly weapons, mystic runes; we know em, we love em, heck, that's why we're all here. But sometimes, I find it nice to take a break and have my own Walden, my own Man Vs Nature type deal. The Youtube video on the site I linked gives a pretty good idea of what the game's like, but I can give an example of what a typical day's like for me, if you'd like :)

Yesterday, it was  November 5th in my game. I've built my homestead in a warm region. Every region has it's own perks and drawbacks. The good part about this region is there's just tons of limestone and limestone sand. I like to sift sand for ore (the video showed that), and I like limestone for my kitchen flooring. The bad part; there's only low-grade soil, so I've spent a good chunk of time hauling in better soil for my gardens. But that's done, and being Fall, my currant bushes will bloom, which means I'll be making currant berry pies. But not that day, that particular day was for daydreaming, since I was sitting pretty. I was watching butterflies play. I wanted to play with my animals, but they're not tame yet. But I'm sitting pretty there, too; I have a whole barn full of grains and seeds. So, animals are fed, I'm fed; life is good. Mind you, the game isn't always some type of Andy Griffith whistle a jaunty tune while strolling through the countryside type of game, it's taken me three ingame years to get to this point. And there's still a ton of stuff I can do; the world's a million blocks long and a million blocks wide; there's tons of adventures to have. I'm also only up to bronze-age weaponry and leather armor, but what's the rush? In fact, there's a ton of stuff I could do, but what's the rush? It's starting to be about 1700; nightfall. That's when these zombie-like creatures come out. Generally, I don't fight them unless I'm in caves or a temporal storm hits (the video showed that, too). But during a normal setting like this, why dull/break my weapons? So, I ate dinner and swam for a while. What's the purpose of an indoor pool if you don't use it once in a while? Vintage Story doesn't have XP; it's not like Morrowind where you can level up your running, swimming, etc, but there's a mod for xp, if that's up your alley. 

Building's another area where this game shines. Castle, cottage, cabin; anything you want. You can also chisel blocks for that vaulted ceiling look. Me; I ascribe to the modernist principles: flat white walls (makes the colors of your furniture and flooring really pop), open-flow floor plan (for that breezy feel), a lot of glass (because I love watching shadows dance across the floor), asymmetrical (because we don't have that here, my town looks like a giant laid his/her shoe boxes all over); you get the deal. But here's the thing, especially with an open floor plan where the only indoor doors I have are to my bedroom, you better have enough lighting (torches, lanterns, etc) because drifters spawn in darkness, so they will spawn in your home and catch you unaware if your home isn't properly lit. However, if you've got enough light, you're still sitting pretty..... unless a temporal storm happens......

..........which happened to me, not paying attention, swimming in my pool. Temporal storms happen every ten to twenty days. During those, drifters can teleport into your home, regardless of lighting. The severity of the storm determines the type and frequency of the drifters. However, you're given ample warnings; "A (light, medium, or heavy) storm is approaching", "A (light, medium, or heavy) storm is imminent". Unless you're like me, who's too busy swimming to pay attention to the warnings. That wasn't an easy battle, armed with just a spear, swimming in just my breeches. 

Anyway, that's what I've been doing recently.

Welcome to the forums DocHoff!

Thanks for the beautifull detailed description of your game life adventures! i had a quick look at the video, reminds me of that block style from roblox of mine craft, is it associated to them?

How did you end up playing Sacred and find us?

:D

gogo

Hello there :)

Yes, Vintage Story started out as the VintageCraft mod for Minecraft. My disclaimer, though, is that even though Vintage Story might look like Minecraft (it is a voxel game, after all), I would not purchase it with the expectation of it feeling like a tweaked Minecraft. Vintage story has it's own verve, it's own flavor. I've received mostly positive feedback from the folks I've recommended it to. Negative feedback has mostly been from folks that didn't properly listen to me. I can't fault them too much for that; when I get excited about something, I sometimes get verbose. I've heard things like "my crops are taking forever to grow!" "It says that due to heat/cold, my crops are stunted by 50%"; that type of stuff. Vintage Story isn't quite as casual as Minecraft; different crops have different tolerances to temperature, just as they like different minerals. Your fields aren't just an infinite resource; you've got to replenish the mineral levels. The awesome thing is that the game does an amazing job of telling you everything you need to know. It doesn't have tutorials, but absolutely everything has a guide; all ya gotta do is hit "h". Or, I get things like "It's too hard to find certain ore". This game was made by geology enthusiasts, but you don't have to have even a tiny bit of geological knowledge; once again, everything is explained in the help menu. 

Now, how I ended up playing the Sacred series? Research, my good man :) There's whole worlds of info right at our fingertips, and I'm a research-lover. Absolutely everything I can think of. Just the other day, I put a bottle of Mountain Dew in the freezer, just for a few minutes. I didn't want it frozen, just nice and chilled. It wasn't frozen when I took it out, but it had that nice opaque quality that Mountain Dew gets when it's cold. But when I opened it, some of it turned slushie. Not much, mind you, because it hadn't been in that long, but that's still just cause for research. I found quite an interesting video at science alert. For some reason, I'm not allowed to share the link. 

But now, the important thing; why am I here? I came here a few years ago, as I thought Sacred 3 was an April Fool's joke. When I discovered that it wasn't, I slunk away for a while. I'm back because you seem to be my type of folks. I love to discuss, but I'm not the type to turn toxic when people have a difference than mine. Vintage Story, for example, it certainly isn't for everyone, and some folks might absolutely hate it. I personally love it, and thought "hey, what's the harm in sharing Vintage Story with these folks; they seem pretty chill."

• Appreciation 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy New Years, everyone :)

I meant to come back sooner, but I developed Covid symptoms on the day before Christmas Eve, and just today am I feeling back to my old self. 

Anyway, I'm watching a few games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1118520/Paralives/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1501310/The_Ranchers/

Vintage Story got a huge update, the rifts are my favorite part. Well, the ability to turn them off is my favorite part. I like a little danger; I just don't want danger spawning every night in my home. The rifts were cool, I just had to have my home lit up like a Christmas tree to avoid them spawning in my home. So, turning them off means I can still have temporal storms, still have subsurface drifters, and finally build the types of homes I want. I love modern contemporary homes bc they utilize natural lighting, but it kind of defeats the purpose when you have your home lit up like a Christmas tree. 

I tried another one over the holidays:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/602960/Barotrauma/

This one can totally be played solo, but it's a lot more fun with friends. But playing solo was cool; the A.I did a darn good job of maintaining the sub. I don't know how the A.I handles the Captain role yet; I have too much fun as the Captain. I also haven't done any of the cave exploration much; tried it once, got lost, and drowned. I'm hoping the devs make a tutorial for that part, because I was terrible at it.

• Like! 1

I have one additional thought. I have a lot of these open world survivalcraft types of games; Conan, Creativerse, Subsistence,  Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Empyrion, etc,  and there's very few of them that I can't recommend. They all have their own little spin on crafting and survival, they have their own flair. In 7 Days to Die, when nightfall approaches, I caught myself holding my breath, as if zombies could hear not just my character, but me, as well. Lol, that's the only game I've really experienced that in. In Dragon Quest Builders 2, I watched my folks gleefully zip around to plow fields and rebuild that tree thing (can't remember quite what it was called. So, I've enjoyed all of them. But out of all of them, Vintage Story's still on the very top of my recommend pile. 

The reason isn't the crafting or farming or any of that, even though this is the most detailed crafting and farming game that I've played. It's not the building, though I love it. The game is not Minecraft though building looks so similar that I often look at Minecraft homes when I'm stumped about what I want to build. Anyway, what makes this game so special to me, the reason why it's at the very top of my recommends, is the feeling of peace I get by just being in the world. In most of these games, I dash around, collecting ingredients, like a hummingbird that drank too much espresso. You know what I'm talking about; "gotta collect this thing from this biome, this other thing over there", etc. In Vintage Story, well, If you'll stick with me for one more paragraph, I'll tell you about my new character.

So, in the real world, I have an acute sense of smell. In the game, I like compact bases; house in the center, surrounded by fields, animal pens,etc. I usually tan leather next to my bedroom, distill alcohol in my basement, etc. But not long ago, it dawned on me: "Can you imagine how bad my base smells?" I haven't done quite all of these processes in the real world, like distill alcohol or tan leather, and while some of them might not smell that bad, I couldn't imagine waking up to all of those smells right in my face. And not only smells; I know smelting releases toxins and whatnot into the air. I'm not quite sure how harmful they are, but I don't want my smelters right next to my crops and animals. So, I space all of that stuff out, the world's like a million blocks wide and long, after all. So, my point is that the walk to all of these different stations is just as fun as the activities I do at the stations. There's always baby animals zipping about, causing little antics, butterflies flying about. So, my point is the walk to different biomes, being in different regions is just as fun for me as anything I can do in those regions, which is a first for me. For the first time, playing a game actually gives me a sense of peace, that's why I recommend it so much. 

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wee Tanks! :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1797680/Wee_Tanks/

a work colleague introduced me to it a few weekends ago,

it was surprisingly fun to play in party,

via the "steam remote play together" feature,

which allows inviting other players for some co-op action who don't even need to own the game..

there's even an outdated version on the developer's homepage that won't get any updates anymore,

https://www.weetanks.com/

but it's decent to try it out if you don't know anyone who owns the game on steam (it's only a few bucks, anyway..)

you can also support it via patreon, which gives you also a steam key & some little extra DLCs etc..

it's still in early access,

what you already get now,  is a main campaign mode ( I think 100 levels), several survival modes,  a level editor, and local co-op or via the aforementioned "steam remote play" function for example..

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 months later...

as you may have read elsewhere,

I recently tried out Torchlight Infinite  & Diablo Immortal, but I'm having my difficulties:

I never played mobile games before, or at least not for the last few years,

and even before then, never seriously..

( I think the last one I tried out briefly was Fallout Shelter or Pokemon Go, and before that, Nokia's Snake, like 2 and a half decades ago? :) )

since I bought myself a used Motorola G100 recently, I thought - why not give it a try now?

(huge upgrade for me compared to the old phone I had before - not the Nokia claybrick from stoneage mentioned above, but an old Xiaomi Redmi 5A),

well - found out mobile gaming  - is terrible. :(  at least,

if the game I want to play has no controller support:

If I have to hold the device near my lap or table to rest my arms at ease, it's a terrible pain in the neck, literally.

If I hold the phone higher, my arms start to hurt or feel numb soon.

Unfortunately, Torchlight Infinite has no controller support, so that I could rest my arms at ease at a lowered position holding the controller, and placing the phone=screen somewhere more on eye - level so I could hold my head straight and not having to squint downwards.

Diablo Immortal on the other hand, has controller support & even it's PC version is out now (but looking ugly imho).. however, on first sight, I thought why should I waste my free hours for this even if it suddenly looked good on PC?  I've seen all these Charclasses & most skill sets before, where's the fresh & new stuff ?

So, what I'm waiting for now, (besides controller support for TL:infinite and a new char class for D:Immortal) ,

is public multiplayer rollout for Last Epoch, so I could return to PC :)

Edited by Rotluchs
On 6/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, Rotluchs said:

as you may have read elsewhere,

I recently tried out Torchlight Infinite  & Diablo Immortal, but I'm having my difficulties:

I never played mobile games before, or at least not for the last few years,

and even before then, never seriously..

( I think the last one I tried out briefly was Fallout Shelter or Pokemon Go, and before that, Nokia's Snake, like 2 and a half decades ago? :) )

since I bought myself a used Motorola G100 recently, I thought - why not give it a try now?

(huge upgrade for me compared to the old phone I had before - not the Nokia claybrick from stoneage mentioned above, but an old Xiaomi Redmi 5A),

well - found out mobile gaming  - is terrible. :(  at least,

if the game I want to play has no controller support:

If I have to hold the device near my lap or table to rest my arms at ease, it's a terrible pain in the neck, literally.

If I hold the phone higher, my arms start to hurt or feel numb soon.

Unfortunately, Torchlight Infinite has no controller support, so that I could rest my arms at ease at a lowered position holding the controller, and placing the phone=screen somewhere more on eye - level so I could hold my head straight and not having to squint downwards.

Diablo Immortal on the other hand, has controller support & even it's PC version is out now (but looking ugly imho).. however, on first sight, I thought why should I waste my free hours for this even if it suddenly looked good on PC?  I've seen all these Charclasses & most skill sets before, where's the fresh & new stuff ?

So, what I'm waiting for now, (besides controller support for TL:infinite and a new char class for D:Immortal) ,

is public multiplayer rollout for Last Epoch, so I could return to PC :)

Posted answer to you in here!

:d_dance:

gogo