Newbie Help

Hello, I just got Sacred 2 Gold on Steam sell, and I am liking the graphics and game play, I know this is an older title and not sure how I didn't play years ago.

I have a Seraphim that I read was the easiest to start with on Bronze mode right now level 4

I also started a Dragon Mage as they look really good; and a Druid for the mount pet you get later.

There any tips I have read a lot of information about the game and not sure if still holds water since most sites are old.

1. there are over 600 quest, but after 200 your save game gets corrupt?

2. The skill tokens you get, you don't need to level the skill past X level as then you can't use the skill anymore?

3. You should wait until level 30 to use skills as the higher the skill level you have the tokens do not drop?

4. What stats are best for X character? I guess for now I will try and complete the light campaign with the Seraphim (not sure who with the Dark Campaign yet) but when I get gear it is red, but some gear I can wear and others I can not, so not sure why it is red if I can wear it. 

5. When do you get the Goblin side kick? Mount?

6. Max level is 120? you need to play Bronze, silver, platinum to get max level?

I am sure I will have more questions the more I play, thanks in advance for helping

• Like! 1

@Flix: That's a lot of great information!

Welcome to the fora, Hordolur. Be sure to check out some great builds here for some sweet ideas! Then make your own based on some of the suggestions, if you prefer.

• Thanks! 1
41 minutes ago, hordolur said:

1. What is the Survival Bonus? the more you kill and not die the more Experience gained?

2. as far as armor goes I am just putting on the higher level/armor class and best weapon damage

Here is so far far my progress:

https://imgur.com/xNZL8Af

1. It's a bonus that grows the more you spend time without dying, making your enemies grow in level, which also gives you the chance to get drops from higher levels than your own. So if you have the proper skills and a good SB you'll get to wear better equipment. Also the SB value makes your attributes grow, so the more the merrier.

2. True, you should always do that.

As far as your progress goes, you're level 5 and you haven't chosen a single skill? The agenda here is to get the skills on the spot, which means that as soon as you're able to unlock a new skill you should populate it. Same goes for attribute points, place them at each level.

As a Seraphim you can basically use any weapon. That would be the first thing you need to decide. Depending on your choice, you can choose your skills. The most straight up builds would be a ranged BeeEffGee build, a dual wield build, or with weapon and shield.

I made a dual wield build and im currently level 62. Its not lacking damage at all, although im putting everything into vitality. Bosses can be a bit annoying throughout your run but potions do it.

Survival Bonus is calculated by the following formula: T/(T+6). T stands for "total time in combat since your last death". Ofc it goes to 0 if you die and the counter only goes up while in combat. The maximum bonus is 100%. 1/3rd of the percentage is added to your base attribute points and raises it up. For example if you have 100%, then 33.333% will be added to your base attributes. In addition to that, the monster level rises, depending on your level. You can read more about the Survival Bonus here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Survival_Bonus

Cheers

1 minute ago, TurboGandalf said:

I made a dual wield build and im currently level 62. Its not lacking damage at all, although im putting everything into vitality. Bosses can be a bit annoying throughout your run but potions do it.

Try using Divine Protection, even without Warding Energy Lore it's a CA worth using as long as you can modify it.