SACRED 2 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: HOW-TO, DISCUSSION & DEVELOPMENT

Hey @IsBrainAFK, thank you for spreading the word ;)

Yes, the lobby works for other regions, too - it's a shared one globaly. I used a list I found in some other forum which included the names and ports of the different regions and created the subdomains accordingly, so while some players might have different ports or subdomains in their own configs by default and might be on one side of the world or another, they'll still all join the same lobby on sacred2.net.

When it started to work I was happy to crosspost these instructions into said german thread you linked (btw. back then Sacred2 was the reason I registered in that nice german community :)), but I did update that thread even less frequently than the one we have here about it. I probably have to do that at some point :whistle:. There is also a little steam discussion, again another nickname of me and another platform. Basically I just put it everywhere I remembered a few fellow sacred players because in the beginning it was still a bit too empty on those servers and I am happy there seems to be quite a good bit of activity every now and then by now :P

9 hours ago, IsBrainAFK said:

@xrystal I'm wondering if this would work for Sacred 1 too. I even loved the first one more than the second

Me too ;) Sacred1 uses TinCat2 instead of TinCat3 for the lobby related functionallity. Technically, it would probably be a lot of work and even more if it turns out they differ a lot. For Sacred2 we had the great luck cocomed did the tremendous task of reverse engineering it. But in general, the same method of replacing the servers would work there too if someone would figure out the code first.
I really wonder what information is out there about TinCat2? I mean, aside from the things, a quick internet search returns.
I tried to contact someone from instancefour which wrote that network library back then and might have sources or documentation, but did not get a response to that matter yet and even if wouldn't expect them to share those. Still worth a try :P

• 2 weeks later...

Можете ли вы сказать мне, как я могу изменить пароль своей учетной записи?

Can you tell me how can I change my account password?

18 minutes ago, SGTW said:

hi SWTW!  I added a translation to your post as English is here for this forum... mostly because when people are using the forum's resources from their phone they cant understand quickly whats being written here for the community and when its one language the information flows faster to all the sacred game players!

I hope my added translation to your post allows you to get the answer that you need

:hugs:

gogo

2 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

hi SWTW!  I added a translation to your post as English is here for this forum... mostly because when people are using the forum's resources from their phone they cant understand quickly whats being written here for the community and when its one language the information flows faster to all the sacred game players!

I hope my added translation to your post allows you to get the answer that you need

gogo

Thanks

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, SGTW said:

Hey @SGTW, I saw and answered your post in the german board already, but since it might be interesting for other people, too, I will do it here aswell:

Since there is no function for it ingame, you are not able to change your password. However, creating other accounts is possible and since your characters are stored locally, you may use them with another new account without issues or disadvantages.

While it would be possible, from a technical perspective, to create a website to reset passwords, I dont think it is a good idea for the following reasons: On the one hand, players are allowed to enter any data the like into the registration form, so not even a valid email address is required which would be the minimum amount of data needed to identify account ownership and allow a reset. On the other hand, connecting the database of accounts to such a webservice without explicit permission by the players who entered their data there would - considering my legal country is germany which is quite strict on such things - also raise questions regarding data privacy which I would rather avoid if possible.

• Appreciation 1

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your efforts. It's great seeing communities gather together to keep old games alive. :)

Me and my brother are currently trying to play but neither of us can join each other's games following the instructions in OP. We both have port 7011 open and matching campaign/difficulties.

Taking any ideas, recomendations. :)

• Like! 1
On 5/17/2021 at 10:51 PM, n33k33 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your efforts. It's great seeing communities gather together to keep old games alive. :)

Me and my brother are currently trying to play but neither of us can join each other's games following the instructions in OP. We both have port 7011 open and matching campaign/difficulties.

Hey @n33k33, if you host your own server at home and register it to the open net lobby, it is not enough just to have the gameservers port open on your host. It also needs to be open on your router and you have to setup portforwarding from your router to your host which runs the gameserver. Otherwise, your servers appears in the lobby, but is not accessible from the outside world. Important is also, that the gameserver starts with an option "-externalip" which has to be your WAN IP (you can figure that one out for example by looking at https://www.whatismyip.com/). With many ISPs it changes every 24hrs, so without further adjustments the server might became inaccessible from the internet if it runs longer. I know it is difficult to setup that at home, that is why I added a few default servers for some popular gamemodes to the lobbies server list which may be used anytime.

• Appreciation 1

Hi everyone
First of all I want to thank you for this incredible work!
My brother, my sister and I want to start again in the adventure sacred 2 in coop online but if I try to create a server it does not work as some people have previously said but I will fix it later because for the moment my main problem is that none of us can join the servers Eu sacred cm160 etc ..., a loading image for a tenth of a second and then the game quits. And as I don't know much about it even if I read all the comments I can't find and understand how to fix the problem. If someone wants to help me, I'd love it!

ps: I let deeple translate for me since my English is deplorable so sorry if there are mistakes and that kind of things ^^'

On 5/17/2021 at 4:51 PM, n33k33 said:

Hi everyone,

Great first post! and to the devs who have reverse engineered this game for peeps to join up online! :dance2:

Happy to meet you n33k33...welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

• Haha 1

Thank you very much @gogoblender !

And of course thank you very much @xrystal, the access to the public network works perfectly! Would it be abused to ask for an explanation to eventually create a private network? I tried to disable all my firewalls or to make "rules" to allow just the port 7010 from my antivirus but I can't find how to do it on the box settings (is it the same as the router?). I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about it ^^'.

Good evening to you!

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the error 61 when I try to connect to my friend's server, he has opened the ports 7011, 6800 and 6801. He also allowed sacred2.exe and s2gs.exe in the firewall.

When my friend tries to connect to my server he also gets error 61.

Any ideas ?

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, hellfest said:

Hello,

I have the error 61 when I try to connect to my friend's server, he has opened the ports 7011, 6800 and 6801. He also allowed sacred2.exe and s2gs.exe in the firewall.

Any ideas ?

Hello hellfest, sorry for my late response. Have you succeeded in the meantime? 
If not, ensure your games have identical files. I know it sounds trivial, but even tiny differences can cause such issues and some mod enablers/disables are not able to reset cleanly. If you have bought the game on steam, you can use its "verify files" function to ensure the files are really the same.

Since you host the servers at home, have you also ensured to use the public ip as the server IP? Since you already wrote you opened the ports and firewall is fine, I would check if they are also forwarded correctly from your public ip to the local system you host it on.

• Appreciation 1
16 hours ago, xrystal said:

Hello hellfest, sorry for my late response. Have you succeeded in the meantime? 
If not, ensure your games have identical files. I know it sounds trivial, but even tiny differences can cause such issues and some mod enablers/disables are not able to reset cleanly. If you have bought the game on steam, you can use its "verify files" function to ensure the files are really the same.

Since you host the servers at home, have you also ensured to use the public ip as the server IP? Since you already wrote you opened the ports and firewall is fine, I would check if they are also forwarded correctly from your public ip to the local system you host it on.

thanks Xrystal for helping  here  with your support!

:cow:

gogo

On 6/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, hellfest said:

Hello,

Any ideas ?

hellfest, its awesome seeing you enjoying this game and MultiPlay online for me was my favorite part, hoping Xrystal's info will get you into Ancaria :dance2: 

welcome to  the forums!

:)

gogo

15 hours ago, hellfest said:

Hi multiplayer work with Radmin VPN, it's similar to hamachi, a great soft :D

Of course a VPN does work, as it will always for all games which have a LAN mode. It is just an entirely different technology and the reason you don't have issues with your firewall with it is that all traffic is tunneled through it. But good you found a solution which works for you and also good to know you had the same game versions and it was just network configuration ;)

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 8:12 PM, Steforus said:

After I had lots of problems getting Sacred2 Multiplayer to run with VPN connections (tried ZeroTier One), I found this and its just amazing that someone relaunched Servers using the old official domain! Many thanks! 

But now there seems to be a problem with the preconfigured servers which appear in the list on the default domain eu2.sacred.net. I can walk around and see the other players moving, but the enemies do not move. I can't damage them and they do not inflict damage to me. I tried "Vanilla" on Bronze Campagin and Silver Campaign, both have the same issue. Up to last week, everything was working fine. Progress also isn't recognized properly and is only displaying the quest marker on the initial island. Are these existing servers working for you?

Many thanks in advance!

I am just having the exact same problem again, public servers seems to have broken again after having too much continous runtime and need a restart

Edited by Steforus
  • 4 weeks later...

Today my entire group of 3 people is having the problem that the game crashes right after the game tries to join the OpenNet Bronze Vanilla Server. There is no error message, just a crash to Desktop after a short moment of displaying full screen art. The 3 weeks before it was working fine. Nothing was changed on the client and it is happening to everyone the same way.

Edit: Problem still existing today, three days after the post above

Edited by Steforus
  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 12:28 PM, meph144 said:

no one online, ppl dont like sacred anymore :( ?

hi meph144  and welcome to the forums!

xrystal and his team have done a first class job of reverse engineering the lobby code and breaking through to getting players to finally play online!

Keeping the servers going is taking time for the ones running it and if they are not up that day it may not draw players.  I know that connecting to other Sacred players is a draw and hoping that these servers can keep players on them

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to SACRED 2 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: HOW-TO, DISCUSSION & DEVELOPMENT