Sacred online via Steam

MetaL

Steam launched new future that allows to play online via local co-op: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3032537193879549687

I'm not tested this function, but it should be useful for those who want play online with friends without messing around with LAN-emulators.

Also this function have one problem for Sacred - no other exe. So no unofficial 2,29 patch, no localization, no mods with changed exe.

• Respect! 1
9 hours ago, MetaL said:

Steam launched new future that allows to play online via local co-op: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3032537193879549687

I'm not tested this function, but it should be useful for those who want play online with friends without messing around with LAN-emulators.

Also this function have one problem for Sacred - no other exe. So no unofficial 2,29 patch, no localization, no mods with changed exe.

This is brilliant ! I'm sure it could be popular with people who want to at least try this game out with others. Sacred was so much fun to play as with a community.  We all loved to cast buffs on each other before great boss battles or when doing experience runs in tougher areas.

Thanks Metal, Great info 

:)

gogo

Edited by gogoblender
  • Like! 1

Why don´t you make contact with steam/gog? I bet they are interested in a mod like reborn. Every new user/player/visitor is at least a possible
customer. Besides, Reborn would reach far more people. A win for both sides.

5 hours ago, Dax said:

Why don´t you make contact with steam/gog? I bet they are interested in a mod like reborn. Every new user/player/visitor is at least a possible
customer. Besides, Reborn would reach far more people. A win for both sides.

Agreed.  This would help Steam get more games out to people  and make the community even bigger  :bounce:

I guess its a question of allowing mods on Steam Servers? ARe there any reasons why they would not allow this?

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 1:33 PM, gogoblender said:

Agreed.  This would help Steam get more games out to people  and make the community even bigger  :bounce:

I guess its a question of allowing mods on Steam Servers? ARe there any reasons why they would not allow this?

gogo

The problem is, if you replace Sacred.exe, it removes the Steam integration. And that probably also removes the ability to play LAN over the Steam network.

ReBorn depends on changes to the .exe. A way around it would be to use Steams version of Sacred.exe as a base for the mod. Also 2.29 would need to be ported over to this version.