Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

On 3/24/2023 at 3:49 PM, Rotluchs said:

I hope you all'll like d4 and wont be disappointed, but the more info I read about it the more im afraid this game won't be for me anymore... Too much stuff to farm, too many ways to go, too many lvls to grind.. :) I doubt ill ever have enough time for this..

I decided to wait for the first sale and play through the main story with 1 or 2 chars.. but end game won't be for me guess im out :(

Btw got to try out the druid up to level 5 or 6 earlier today, guess I played half an hour or so ( might have been more, time flies by) performance was good on my arc a770 which I was most worried about, in that icy starter region  almost stable 60 fps on 4k with that high res pack and everything set to max, without amd fidelityfx super res 2.0

But... Camera is too close for my taste, combat hit feedback is good,just like any diablo before,

Menu/button design feels a bit clunky/off imho, but that I would get used to.. but it just didn't made "click" from the very first minute, like it used to in d3, sacred, or even wolcen... Doesn't mean its because how the game has changed, maybe its the way how I have changed.. not impressed / little underwhelmed after that first hour tho..

Will see if I can make it in-game again tonight or tomorrow, see how it goes..

Im not sure what to think of it just yet..

What about you all, is it a worthy successor, or good /great / average / bad h&s arpg, in general?

For some reason the game that d4 reminded me the most of so far, isnt any of the other diablo games we saw before, but a game called undecember.. no idea tho why..

Here for the Peeps, not just the game! 

Dinna worry Rott, there's enuff overlap for the time zones...just like in Sacred im sure people will find each other... half of the members here in fact are EU with about a half north american.

:hugs:

gogo

My goal in beta was to pick a class.  I did narrow it down to two.  Melee rogue turned out to be squishy (L2P I know, but I'll come back to it when I'm more familiar with D4).  Looking at either Necro (scythe/Blight) or Sorc (Lightning Whip/Chain Lightning).

Now the final waiting period begins...

11 hours ago, lujate said:

My goal in beta was to pick a class.  I did narrow it down to two.  Melee rogue turned out to be squishy (L2P I know, but I'll come back to it when I'm more familiar with D4).  Looking at either Necro (scythe/Blight) or Sorc (Lightning Whip/Chain Lightning).

Now the final waiting period begins...

I got to play a fair bit on Sunday .. I like how battle feels and taking out bosses is satisfying . I just found out how to gamble and ..  yah I’ll be gambling 🥳🥳

lujate  and everyone else here u guys locked out? I’m on way home and will try when I get back .. but I was able to play this morning 🤪🤪

my cousin bought me the middle version of game . Maybe that’s why?

and yah.. lightning sorc Ftw!!

I found switching out my choices at no cost irresistible and am obsessed with the crackling and absolutely magnificent spear .. it’s like mjolnir come to life .. blizzard got that ca perfect :thumbsup: 

I was playing in a group of three Friday night and two of us were PC and the third ... XBox! .. cool right?  Aaaaaand... we were using Diablo Chat... all of us have headphones, and it was perfect..no lag, no echo, only thing was we all had downloads going on while we were playing as we just could not resist touching that play button when only thirty percent of the download completed :lol:

And with my seriously old system, and a christmas gift that SChot gave me of a 100 GB SSD, and a fresh new installation of Windiows.. Diablo 3 was running smooth.

Bless Blizzard for their insane tech and greed... they want to catch every poor gamer out there no matter how old there system is huh

:lol: 

gogo

My over all impressions so far...

Pros

Combat is smooth and responsive. Like how all the skills feel and look. Seems Diablo always nails the combat aspect of their games

The part of the main campaign story so far has been good with very good voice actors. Cut scenes look great. You can skip them if you hold ESC 

I do like the random events you come across as you explore. Typically show up as an orange circle on map.

Cons

I just never felt like I was getting more powerful. With the enemies always leveling up with you, I never had the feeling of finally being able to whoop enemies that might have been a little difficult in earlier levels. I understand why they did it but I do miss the feeling of finally being much stronger than them.

Active Skills have 5 levels (and 2 modifiers) and Passive ones can have 3 typically. It might just be because I'm not high enough level yet but increasing skill levels didn't seem to affect much. And as far as I can tell, I won't be able to assign attribute points. I was hoping I could make characters focus on say Strength for the Barb or Int for Sorc. But it seems only way to increase them is through gear .

I think D4 will be heavily gear-dependent. I was able to get Legendaries on all equip slots by level 15. Mostly by gambling for them. From what I have read D4 Legendary items = D3 Magic or 'yellow' items. But I really think D4 progress will be dependent on gear. Bad gear and enemies at same level as you might make for a bad time. Played a rogue that got good drops/gambled  and one that had horrible drops and the difference was huge.

You won't be able to farm an easier area because, very simply, there won't be one. Sure there might be one where you are strong against that particular type of attack, say Fire or Cold, but beating up enemies a few (or several) levels below you is impossible.

Hmm my Con list is getting long. Nothing really is a deal breaker for me, but I do worry about re-playability. I thoroughly enjoyed myself during both Beta weekends and a lot of my concerns may be me not fully understanding the mechanics yet. But I do really hope my characters are not defined solely by the gear they have equipped.

On a side note. Are we thinking about setting up a  D.A.R.K Clan? Though I did not try to party up with anyone, many people are complaining that assembling parties with people not in your Clan or Friends list is problematic.

@ gogo  I believe Respec is free up to clvl 15, then cost increases as you get higher in clvl

• Like! 1
On 3/28/2023 at 4:46 PM, Knuckles said:

Pros

Combat is smooth and responsive. Like how all the skills feel and look. Seems Diablo always nails the combat aspect of their games

The part of the main campaign story so far has been good with very good voice actors. Cut scenes look great. You can skip them if you hold ESC 

I do like the random events you come across as you explore. Typically show up as an orange circle on map.

Cons

I just never felt like I was getting more powerful. With the enemies always leveling up with you, I never had the feeling of finally being able to whoop enemies that might have been a little difficult in earlier levels. I understand why they did it but I do miss the feeling of finally being much stronger than them.

Active Skills have 5 levels (and 2 modifiers) and Passive ones can have 3 typically. It might just be because I'm not high enough level yet but increasing skill levels didn't seem to affect much. And as far as I can tell, I won't be able to assign attribute points. I was hoping I could make characters focus on say Strength for the Barb or Int for Sorc. But it seems only way to increase them is through gear .

I think D4 will be heavily gear-dependent. I was able to get Legendaries on all equip slots by level 15. Mostly by gambling for them. From what I have read D4 Legendary items = D3 Magic or 'yellow' items. But I really think D4 progress will be dependent on gear. Bad gear and enemies at same level as you might make for a bad time. Played a rogue that got good drops/gambled  and one that had horrible drops and the difference was huge.

You won't be able to farm an easier area because, very simply, there won't be one. Sure there might be one where you are strong against that particular type of attack, say Fire or Cold, but beating up enemies a few (or several) levels below you is impossible.

Hmm my Con list is getting long. Nothing really is a deal breaker for me, but I do worry about re-playability. I thoroughly enjoyed myself during both Beta weekends and a lot of my concerns may be me not fully understanding the mechanics yet. But I do really hope my characters are not defined solely by the gear they have equipped.

On a side note. Are we thinking about setting up a  D.A.R.K Clan? Though I did not try to party up with anyone, many people are complaining that assembling parties with people not in your Clan or Friends list is problematic.

@ gogo  I believe Respec is free up to clvl 15, then cost increases as you get higher in clvl

great  list of written, goodies, knuckles!
there’s so much more of your post that I want to respond to, but it’s early in the morning and I have to get to work. I will later on when I get back… But I wanted to say that yes we will be absolutely doing a clan DarkMatters! We set it up in this last better, but I don’t know if it goes forward… We are using the same tag as last time and if you search for. DArkMatters … we should pop up

🥰

gogo

On 3/28/2023 at 3:46 PM, Knuckles said:

If you push to a higher zone and get in over your head, you'll probably be able to retreat and farm a level-appropriate zone.

I tried to explore as much as I could and every where I went the enemies were always within 1-3 levels of me. From what I understand I could be doing an event where you have to say, kill all monsters. I could be level 25 and enemies will be very close to my level. But someone who is level 10 could also be participating in the same event and enemies will, for him, be around his level.

It means any level player can play with any other level players even during events. It is weird to see your level 25 toon taking a noticeably longer time to kill monsters that the much lower level toon is mowing down. So getting the right gear is going to be super important. I was noticing it and though I didn't level up beyond level 25. If you pick the wrong skills or have bad luck with gear it seems you will struggle.

And I can't go some place where the enemies are 5-10 levels below me and farm them for a while for gear or get Obols to gamble with for items. There isn't really an area that if I'm over my head,  I can back track to and re-do some earlier regions.

I didn't hit a road block or anything during the Beta that prevented me from exploring any area, I just noticed that mediocre gear will slow you down more than any other factor you can control. And if you have bad luck with gear, there isn't a simple solution to improve it.

But it was only the Beta and most likely I haven't seen all the mechanics/itemization/features etc available for my toon at lower levels. I've seen several posts on their forum about it and I'm sure much will change before the game goes live (crossing fingers). Just something I have some concerns about.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:46 PM, Knuckles said:

Pros

Cons

Gooooo morning!

Re not getting any stronger... I felt that for a while too... my gear was pretty terrible (mostly yellows) and I had no idea what i was doing.  The very last day of server time , Sunday... I snuck at look at making builds... and saw that my own fumbling progress was the problem. With only a few points I was *instantly* able to change my entire build.. from a fledgeling lightning sorc... to sorceror supreme... with a brilliant coasting lightning spell that would take out creatures using AI like..mjiolnir!!
I loved how (must have been around 10 ?) such a rad distribution in points ended up with a rad built, and this got me delighted. I played all the way till end of day...

yah the game has me hooked!

Anyone else here playing with mikes or chat only?
I got a half-decent headset mic from the fam for Christmas, and its cool when you work your way through the system.

Diablo Chat has absolutely no lag, superb voice reprodcution.

I should have expected nothing less from the company

zomgod... Im fanboiing

:4rofl:

gogo

The game said voice chat would be available for launch but not in the betas (I guess Blizzard and Sony are having technical difficulties).

Is the voice chat for parties, or can you connect to any players you want?

• Like! 1
23 minutes ago, lujate said:

The game said voice chat would be available for launch but not in the betas (I guess Blizzard and Sony are having technical difficulties).

Is the voice chat for parties, or can you connect to any players you want?

We can connect to any players we want you just have to make sure they’re friends and they are in your party. It took some while for the three of us to get connected but we made it and once we were there, you get the hang of it… Absolutely no lag on the voice sold me. 
The cool thing is that we were doing cross platform between the 3 of us!

Two of us were on PC, and my cousin was in another province Ontario and he was playing on his Xbox on his TV. Lol it was a Magical coming together. Ha ha ha.

😄🙌🥳

gogo

• The title was changed to Diablo IV - DarkMattters -> Clan DarK

Hallo Hellsters!

I put the name of the Clan Tag... they didnt allow dots tween the letters unfortunately...but when Beta or game opens we'll try to find something as close as possible and send out all the invites. Its been useful in the past to let eveyrone thats a member here be a guild officer so that they can promote others from our gang of Friendly Darkleys

:viking:

gogo

• The title was changed to Diablo IV - DarkMattters -> Clan D.a.r.K

So it'll be [DarK] I presume? Wait, are you able to use brackets at all or are all special characters banned from names?

All these posts are giving me FoMo :B6nFRAh:LOL

I will not be playing hard core. I refuse to risk losing a character due to the reckless or malicious behavior of strangers. During my very brief time playing PC D3, I heard numerous times "don't play public games"for that exact reason. In D4, every game is a public game.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:57 PM, Timotheus said:

So it'll be [DarK] I presume? Wait, are you able to use brackets at all or are all special characters banned from names?

All these posts are giving me FoMo :B6nFRAh:LOL

Last time we tried werent able to put in brackets or periods... weak sauce :mafia: .. we then tried out different cap sizes.. guess that could work... unless they change it up a bit.

FoMo... YES..i feel it too...i keep looking at the number of builds possible...that skill tree is just insane

Plus playing with others has always been a big boost.

I wont be playing mad hours a day, but maybe on weekends and then small touchups during the week... can hardly wait to meet up!!

:bounce:

gogo

3 hours ago, lujate said:

I will not be playing hard core. I refuse to risk losing a character due to the reckless or malicious behavior of strangers. During my very brief time playing PC D3, I heard numerous times "don't play public games"for that exact reason. In D4, every game is a public game.

I think last game diablo 3 even though game was online we were able to play closed games.. so HC in closed and Open with closed games...but sometimes if you didnt ahve enough people wed open up the game to outsiders in the middle of it for some spice... never had any problems but.. i hear ya about the extra risk... i probably wont play HC as well...

unless... we wanted to put together a .. Project Dark...where we have of us who've done some study in the dark arts, cautious, careful, nimble and whos only goal is slow leveling?

this could work as a side project to run ^^

:evil:

gogo

I want to try to be in a matters project.. fumble or dark :P 
I have to catch up on information about Diablo 4 hahaha I kinda got sidetracked when it took....... way....... too........ *ey a butterfly*

• Like! 1

I say don't worry about catching up, I'm going in blind anyway, what's the worst that could happen :cool:
Are there any beta weekends still on their way? If so might get a preorder after all.

@lujate I would prefer no hardcore anymore either. For me it's mostly due to time constraints. I loved it when I could game hours for every day of the week, but these days I don't want to spend my game time levelling back up.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I say don't worry about catching up, I'm going in blind anyway, what's the worst that could happen :cool:
Are there any beta weekends still on their way? If so might get a preorder after all.

@lujate I would prefer no hardcore anymore either. For me it's mostly due to time constraints. I loved it when I could game hours for every day of the week, but these days I don't want to spend my game time levelling back up.

Open SoftCore it is!!  lol thats what I eventually ran most of D3 in after some disasters... nothing feels like your whole soul emptying out after losing close to a hundred hours of work on a toon

:cry:

Yah, I wanna know about more Betas as well! ... Im hoping that they think just one more would be enough... pls pls pls pls...

gogo

Flix is releasing his latest version of his massive Diablo Mod for Sacred 2, something to consider gaming with before Blizzard  releases in June. And in preparation for his Opus, he's created an outstanding piece of art that ties many favorites (and non-favorite :D)  themes of Sacred  together.

:)

gogo

On 4/18/2023 at 7:33 AM, lujate said:

I was going through the changes.  Looks like Sorc has taken a polishing but... still gonne be OP as heck... 

woooooo

:pirate:

gogo

• The title was changed to Diablo IV - DarkMattters -> Clan D.a.r.K ... I was invited back to Sanctuary - Diablo IV Server Slam!

Woah!! did  you guys get this? as a note, the game was gifted to me so it counts as a purchase, I do own it

PLAY THE DIABLO IV SERVER SLAM MAY 12-14

Sanctuary needs your help, gogoblender.

Help us gear up for Launch as we welcome all to venture to Sanctuary and storm our servers1 in preparation for June 6.

This is your last chance to try Diablo IV before Launch. Explore all five launch classes, discover your favorite character builds, join forces against a World Boss, and earn rewards. If you reach Level 20 then manage to defeat the world boss Ashava, you will be granted the new Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy2 at launch. Ashava spawns every three hours starting at 9:00 AM PDT on Saturday until the Server Slam concludes.

This is another chance to earn the previous rewards from the Open Beta if you haven’t already. Travel to Kyovashad to earn the Initial Casualty Title and reach Level 20 to receive the Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetic Item and Early Voyager Title. Players who unlock these rewards will receive them once Diablo IV launches.

All this and more awaits in a brand-new build where we’ve integrated learnings and player feedback from the recent Diablo IV Open Beta, including adjustments that will make the Server Slam more representative of what players will experience at Launch. With a fresh start for everyone, you can grow your power up to Level 20 and behold what horrors await in Sanctuary. Progress will be wiped before Launch, so discover your favorite ways to slay during Server Slam.

Catch up with members of our Diablo IV Development team and special guest Rhykker in our latest Developer Update Livestream to learn more about the upcoming Server Slam. Our Diablo experts also shed light on endgame offerings, discussed changes based on player feedback, and held a live Q&A session answering player questions.

LEARN MORE

1Platform availability and dates subject to change. See Diablo.com for more details. Play time subject to possible outages and time zone differences. Limited time only. Internet connection and Battle.net account required.

2Mount access must be unlocked in-game before using mounts.

• The title was changed to Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK