Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

I haven't played a multiplayer game and talking to other characters in game since Sacred 2.  What do people use these days to communicate with their team?  Headsets?  Keyboards?  I'm going to be playing on PS4.  I was super excited to hear that there is cross-platform play

• Like! 1
On 5/25/2023 at 9:16 PM, claudius said:

I haven't played a multiplayer game and talking to other characters in game since Sacred 2.  What do people use these days to communicate with their team?  Headsets?  Keyboards?  I'm going to be playing on PS4.  I was super excited to hear that there is cross-platform play

On 5/26/2023 at 7:25 AM, lujate said:

Diablo IV will have integrated voice chat, but it wasn't working for PS4 during beta (there was an in-game notice saying it would be available by release).  IMO that's the best bet for any real groups, especially for controller players.  You probably also want to keep a keyboard handy for interacting with random passers-by.

I think i'm pretty old school claudius and for me most of the time just key boarding is enough, a la Sacred Days years ago...but the fam kinda pushed me and I have head phones now, and as lujate mentions Diablo 4 has integrated chat...and not just so-so chat... VERY good chat... and we were doing cross play between three pc's and a xbox... no lag, no stutter, echo...like we were all in the same room together... for four of us here in clan, I guess this could be a cool friday or saturday night hangout with a few beers or maybe even one of lujate's bordeax's

:drunkards:

gogo

• Like! 1

Personally,I'm going to keep my wireless keyboard on the coffee table next to me for text chat.  If I start doing group runs with FDM, and they're using voice chat, then I'll scrounge up my headset.

• Like! 1
39 minutes ago, lujate said:

Personally,I'm going to keep my wireless keyboard on the coffee table next to me for text chat.  If I start doing group runs with FDM, and they're using voice chat, then I'll scrounge up my headset.

Ayup

...same

:cow:

gogo

Sounds like could have some fun times playing D IV.  I'm looking forward to it!  The game graphics look really good.  Sounds like people are liking the other elements of the game.

Any suggestions on what to look for shopping for in a headset?  I briefly glanced at some at the grocery store that were about 25 dollars but didn't look to see any details of what types of headset they were.  Seeing these best seller on amazon

https://tinyurl.com/2mrutj9a

Edited by claudius
  • Like! 1
12 minutes ago, claudius said:

Sounds like could have some fun times playing D IV.  I'm looking forward to it!  The game graphics look really good.  Sounds like people are liking the other elements of the game.

Any suggestions on what to look for shopping for in a headset?  I briefly glanced at some at the grocery store that were about 25 dollars but didn't look to see any details of what types of headset they were.  Seeing these best seller on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/BENGOO-G9000-Controller-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B01H6GUCCQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=14DENTPOBD6AZ&keywords=PS4%2Bheadsets%2Bwith%2Bmic&qid=1685410899&sprefix=ps4%2Bheadsets%2Bwith%2Bmic%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-3&th=1

I'm not sure much about headphones but the ones you linked to have a TON of ratings and got high tier... those numbers look good :thumbsup:

schot got me these this April for Bday, good price he says and they are very clear

https://www.logitechg.com/en-ca/products/gaming-audio/g335-gaming-headset.981-000977.html?&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Paid-Search&utm_campaign=Dialect_FY24_Q1_CAN_GA_G_DTX-LogiG-Social_Google_na&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmtGjBhDhARIsAEqfDEc4UwG9bC9VdFmfYAGrxu8sTVbZtl8p9ZS5-kMDmSWpni039er8xFMaAr92EALw_wcB

Get REady... !!!

What is the Diablo 4 release date? The official Diablo 4 release date has been confirmed by Blizzard as Tuesday, June 6, 2023. Early access is granted on Friday, June 2, to all those preordering the ultimate and digital deluxe editions.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Diablo IV - DarkMattters -> Clan D.a.r.K ... Official Launch Date June June 6 with early access for digital and pre-order June 2!!
2 hours ago, lujate said:

It looks like the releases are actually:

• June 1 at 4 p.m. PDT
  • June 5 at 4 p.m. PDT

I was expecting 12:01 AM on the 6th.  C'est la vie!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23954935/diablo-iv-launches-soon-here-s-what-you-need-to-know

Yah, we got a bit of a early start! 

I was able to get my game going and played a bit... im currently trying out an ice shards build :viking: and ive started a clan... you can search for DarkMatters and our tag is DarK!

:schot:

gogo

It probably is a midnight release, just in GMT timezone.

The timing works for me. I have time Monday to get home and have dinner before the hack and slash begins.

• Like! 1
52 minutes ago, lujate said:

It probably is a midnight release, just in GMT timezone.

The timing works for me. I have time Monday to get home and have dinner before the hack and slash begins.

I’ll hopefully have my toon up some levels this weekend, when you make it servers you can search our clan or perhaps even try “gogoblender” maybe that would work?

trying to find that mount quest .. ahh so much to do after work .. Friday can’t come fast enough!

😄

gogo

12 hours ago, lujate said:

@gogoblender I'll definitely find FDM ASAP after clearing the tutorial. I checked my friends list during the beta, and I still have you and a few other darkmatters folks from D3.

Yah, I just saw on my list I had a number of people as friends leftover from Diablo 3

6 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Oh man is it gonna be horrible catching up? I haven't preordered so I'll be playing from level 1 when the game comes out this week.

Dinna worry friend! I'm sure just by playing together you'll be "boosted"  by experience share.. I remember in Diablo 3 that became a very used mechanic and still is.

:)

gogo

I haven't purchased yet but I'm also going to be starting from level 1 and level zero for knowledge of the game.  I will search for FDM too when I have enough time to play and have the game all set up.  If it's not obvious on PS4 how to find FDM players I'll ask here on the forum.  I've got a headset to unbox also and figure out.   I think my first character may be a Druid named Claudius?

Edited by claudius
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, claudius said:

I haven't purchased yet but I'm also going to be starting from level 1 and level zero for knowledge of the game.  I will search for FDM too when I have enough time to play and have the game all set up.  If it's not obvious on PS4 how to find FDM players I'll ask here on the forum.  I've got a headset to unbox also and figure out.   I think my first character may be a Druid named Claudius?

ahh, ps4... cool! we did cross play with my family ...three of us on pc and one on XBOX...and very smooth..in fact the integrated chat was some trouble shooting to get through but once going, it was excellent quality, no lag on the game and very clear. Once you created your player take your time, i know i found it overwhelming at first... but you can post here or find your way to the social tab as Lujate indicated and do a search for DarkMatters or the tag DarK or my even my name gogoblender though I dont think it will find players names but would have to test

1 hour ago, lujate said:

IIRC, press the touch pad to bring up the map.  Then page over to Social (? R1 or R2 ?).  Clans and friends are there.

Edit:

@gogoblender How goes the search for your mount?  FWIW, I hear it's about L30 on a campaign quest.

lol i just hit level 30 this morning, and we had to leave to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ...  an excellent series!

gogo

• Like! 1

Just getting back in from Guardians of the Galaxy 3... im in a queue for d4! this is my first time ever... 38 minutes it just posted

:oooo:

gogo

ps only had to wait ten, and got in :dance2:

Just checking to see if you saw my join clan request gogo. The servers were a little wonky today so just making sure it went thru.

Oh and I met up with a D1 boss who will remain unnamed (don't want to ruin surprise for anyone). I am proud to say I killed him without taking a single HP of damage.

(Well, he glitched in a door as I ran for my life upon seeing him and him giving immediate chase,. So I was able to gleefully smack him around at my leisure , but hey, a win is a win, regardless of style)

• Respect! 1
1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

Just checking to see if you saw my join clan request gogo. The servers were a little wonky today so just making sure it went thru.

Oh and I met up with a D1 boss who will remain unnamed (don't want to ruin surprise for anyone). I am proud to say I killed him without taking a single HP of damage.

(Well, he glitched in a door as I ran for my life upon seeing him and him giving immediate chase,. So I was able to gleefully smack him around at my leisure , but hey, a win is a win, regardless of style)

Gratz on the take down!

I just logged back in and saw your request! As soon as you accept I'll make you an officer as well, this way everyone in the clan can make other trusted players clan members.

gogo

7 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Game is currently downloading. Leaving for work in 15 minutes, I hope to start playing tonight :dance2:

awesome Timo! Im working all day till 5 pm eastern... soon as I finish ill take a peek in the servers to see if you're there.  I'm not playing HC and the game offers four levels I went for highest and all i was able to get to was second level (world tier level two ) .. highest exp available for players until we complete the campaign. Im kinda stuck with bosses.. argh.. so waiting till you guys level up so we can trounce them together!

:viking:

Knuckles, I saw your request.. you're in the clan and I've made you an officer as well... this way we can all create new members from trusted friends or players.

Sanctuary ..here comes DarK!

:cow:

gogo

• The title was changed to Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK