Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

Looks like an enhanced D3.  Not like that's a bad thing. I hold console D3 in high regard. If I get back into video games in a year or two and there's a console version, I'll definitely pick up a copy.

From the trailer the game looks awesome, but will it live up to that in actual game play? It looks much improved and if I am not mistaken they have actually done away with the awkward Isometric and fixed camera view that sadly even the 3rd gen game suffered from. I am sure that it is actually  great to a lot of people, personally for me, I had hoped by even that time they would have made it more like Sacred 2 or at least go for the 3rd person perspective. One day I hope to get an XBOX One, but like with other consoles that have come before it, by the time I could afford the XBOX 360 and the PS3 most of the really great game titles are had to come by, becuse people mostly keep those ones and sell the ones that no one really wants. But someone out there will actually buy them.

I fear the situation to be exactly the same by the time I can afford to buy an XBOX One, by then it will be the XBOX :), whatever the new one will be by then, even the XBOX One is going to look and probably seem and be outdated by the the most newest arrival. I have vowed though to stop at the XBOX One, I am not too sure about the PS4, I dare say I will find most of their titles to b e availabe for the XBOX One, apart from speciffic made games for the consoles. As much as I like and love gaming. However, when are they ever goingt o just make just one console that plays every game from all of the other older consoles and let that one be the altimate one with no need to buy yet another console?

Edited by SheHawk

I keep looking over and over at the ingame sh

ots.... the graphics have come so far... it looks like everything is even more destructible than ever! :lol:

And...here's some more info I got:

We asked lead designer Joe Shely if it was possible to play Diablo 4 offline. "There's a large, seamless, connected, and shared space in the world, going down into dungeons, being able to group with your friends, trading and PvP. We feel that the best way to experience that is in a world that is online," Shely responded.

Looks like this is inspired by Guild Wars ...but GW only had you meeting other players within "town" dungeons as well...maybe D4 will be like this as well

Diablo 4 will feature world events, towns that act as social hubs, PvP zones, and a persistently populated open world. The decision makes sense for a more social Diablo 4, and has become the norm in the years since Diablo 3's release, which was one of the first games to adopt the then-controversial always-online approach

Always online... make sure your internet bill is paid

"We are not coming out soon. Not even 'Blizzard soon'," said director Luis Barriga.

:eek:

:cry:

gogo

p.s. We're in!

:bounce:

It looks pretty good. Like the best of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 combined. Looks like they have learned their lesson with Diablo 3. The style is much more like Diablo 1 and 2 but the battle system like Diablo 3.

I am sure it will be a great game. I am also a fan of Diablo 3 since Reaper of Souls. It has come a long way since release and redeemed itself from it's horrible release version. And again, D4 looks like they learned their lesson.

• Like! 1

I despised D3 at first due to being always online and not having key files locally installed which resulted in absolutely no mods or open server play.  I came to grips with it eventually though and the game as it currently stands is very fun, assuming you have good internet.  It has less replay value than D2 due to no mods however.

Looks like D4 is taking it a step further into MMO territory by making a persistent world where I have to bump elbows with people.  That's a very hard pill to swallow.  Above all, I like to game alone.

On the other hand, everything about how the game looks is amazing.  The abilities and the aesthetic look fantastic.

• Like! 1

I was surprised to see this on my recommendations and said to myself "for reals?" (not an April Fools joke?) and I must say that they really embraced the darkness once again on this one. Bloody, dark and gothic just like the ambience of 1 and 2 I agree. Personally, I just like that they brought back the Zann Esu Sorceress and the Druid. Faves

There's another trailer that's longer, much more graphic and teases something about the story. If you haven't seen it yet ...

and if you're one who likes to anticipate, here's an article I've come across while night reading. D4 skills from the demo: https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/2/20944397/diablo-4-character-classes-abilities-sorceress-druid-barbarian

• Like! 1

There is so much info that has been revealed and I think I've spent way too much too much time watching ingame footage... 

Hola... this world is so large we're going to need... wait for it... Mounts!

:bounce:

gogo

wi

On 11/4/2019 at 5:01 PM, kriv said:

I'm still playing some D3 seasons here and there.  Looking forward to D4.

Kriv,  do you have latest expansion ? I'd love to dabble if you ever play MP .. Americas servers or European?

:wizard:

gogo

• 11 months later...
25 minutes ago, lujate said:

I revisited D4 to see where it's at.  It looks like they're doing quarterly updates, with the latest last month.  https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4

I missed the online only part before.  I don't do online ps4 hmm...  The online play looks a lot like GW1 to me.  Instanced dungeons, with public towns.

I'm buildling my comp to specs exactly when di4 releases its specs..

i pretty much only play mp... this games a serious grinder though

:)

gogo

I see that they're planning on controller support for PC, so I might go that way.  Keyboard/mouse are my biggest objections to D3 on PC, and I'm not keen on the idea of paying a sub to play D4.

Blizzard is planning on HC, and I'm wondering how that's going to work in a public MP game.  My little experience with public D3 games reinforced the stranger-danger concept.  They may have only enforce HC in private instances.

16 minutes ago, lujate said:

I see that they're planning on controller support for PC, so I might go that way.  Keyboard/mouse are my biggest objections to D3 on PC, and I'm not keen on the idea of paying a sub to play D4.

Blizzard is planning on HC, and I'm wondering how that's going to work in a public MP game.  My little experience with public D3 games reinforced the stranger-danger concept.  They may have only enforce HC in private instances.

ha

never playing HC again...EVER.. omgod, dunno how i did it all those years lol...i must have been mad...then again, it was like my first game I ever played... now that we're gone along in years :lol:  SC is the way to go... Lujate... SC friend!!  Schot's not such a huge fan of grind, but he's awesome for at least campaign...if anyone else here wants to play then at least we'll have friends we can up play with .. . always safer doing riskier maneuverers  with people we can trust... who know... maybe friends, dunno maybe a tempting is possible..its so gambly though

:oooo:

gogo

gogo, we probably still have a long while before D4 actually materializes.  There hasn't been any word of an official release date.  Their annual BlizzardCon will be in February.  I guess that would be the first time there's even a chance of an official date.

If I'm still alive when it's released, I'll be up to hook up with the FDM crowd.  SC/HC, I'm willing to follow the crowd.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:07 PM, lujate said:

gogo, we probably still have a long while before D4 actually materializes. 

I was hoping two years ?

:lol:

And...itll probably be my last "gamer" computer... my last one was for diablo 3 when we all started playing here at DarkMatters... kind of excited to firstly see what kind of specs for throwing at us to need... though Blizzard is absolutely awesome for optiziming games... I"ve stuck with Blizzard games now for years and its really helped keep down my gaming costs.  I have a :crazy_pilot: cousin who just flips from one game to another ..sometimes after minutes... tween PC and his Xbox he's running quite the tab...

gaming companies have a legal way to stay addictive

:devil:

gogo

Blizzard announced it in November 2019.  I don't expect anything before late 2021 at the earliest.

It's hard to believe by my laptop is from 2013.  Next year will probably be time for a new.

14 hours ago, lujate said:

Blizzard announced it in November 2019.  I don't expect anything before late 2021 at the earliest.

It's hard to believe by my laptop is from 2013.  Next year will probably be time for a new.

lol... my comps dated from the date of diablo 3 as well!! I remember being excited about the purchase...and the investment has done me well.  Not only in this game but in the game's backing by Blizzard.  I'm holding out on making  a big investment as long as I can until D4 releases.... though I can feel ole bessie chugging at times :lol: One of the reasons I've been holding out is that I've switched to apple cell phones during these last few years, mostly keeping in touch using FaceTime with family everywhere... and I'm really looking to get some kind of a computer that can just do two things... run Imessage and Diablo 4 at the same time... that would mean booting up Windows OS on a  Mac which would be costly for having that kind of power running under the hood.

Starting to save up me pennies

:4rofl:

gogo

• 3 months later...

Well the new Diablo IV trailer dropped last night in BlizzCon.  It introduces the Rogue as the fourth playable character.  I feel like it almost got overshadowed by the announcement of a D2 remaster.

Blizzard seems to really be leaning into the grim-dark aesthetic.  The cinematic parts are a little cheesy and dull IMO, but the gameplay footage is what really caught me eye.  Looks to be a bit of Rogue/Amazon/Demon Hunter all rolled into one.

I just saw this... I love the combined Range and Ninja skills...   I'm almost scared of this game coming out... almost too addicted to the 3rd and it completely pulls me away from important stuff :lol: If Blizzard is hosting this game, Ben can we all play together online!!

:superman:

gogo

P.s. ..I feel ... the pain...just save.. new computer... :4rofl: 

On 2/22/2021 at 7:17 PM, lujate said:

Hmm, interesting...

A strong maybe.  Have to see how a melee Rogue looks vs battle-mage Sorcerer.

Lujate will you be playing this on console, any chance you'd like to join in with us on PC?
#teamgodark!

:viking:

gogo

12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Lujate will you be playing this on console, any chance you'd like to join in with us on PC?
#teamgodark!

:viking:

gogo

They're planning for cross-platform, so  that's a most definitely! 

29 minutes ago, lujate said:

They're planning for cross-platform, so  that's a most definitely! 

wow!

That woudl be incredible... I could play with a lot of our family this way, specially my nephew!

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK