Diablo IV

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

wow!

That woudl be incredible... I could play with a lot of our family this way, specially my nephew!

:)

gogo

Exactly right.  My two nephews are XBOX guys and I do Playstation.  We all play D3, but can't hook up.  With D4, I should be able to play with you guys on PC and them on XBOX.

1 hour ago, lujate said:

Exactly right.  My two nephews are XBOX guys and I do Playstation.  We all play D3, but can't hook up.  With D4, I should be able to play with you guys on PC and them on XBOX.

there was so much talk about xplay...but I rarely found really good games that we could do it with... here's to D4 getting it all right out of the gate

:drunkards:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

It really looks like they're going back to what made Diablo I & 2 great. An actual skill tree....I cannot possibly express how disappointed I was that D3 didn't have it...none of my builds/characters felt unique, nothing special to them. Even my flawed builds had something special about them that made them mine in D2. Look like D4 will have repsec (at a cost). That was something I  initially was against until I played Grim Dawn and used it a few times when I selected a skill that didn't work as I expected.

• 1 year later...

that scares me... that we wont be able to flat up front *acquire* a game...but instead have to be subscribed to it ?  I totally get both models, and I always thought it was cool that blizzard ran both both types... if blizzard is selling out for selling pay to win for their mobile I hope at least Diablo 4 will remain as a wholly purchasable concept.

gogo

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

that scares me... that we wont be able to flat up front *acquire* a game...but instead have to be subscribed to it ?  I totally get both models, and I always thought it was cool that blizzard ran both both types... if blizzard is selling out for selling pay to win for their mobile I hope at least Diablo 4 will remain as a wholly purchasable concept.

gogo

Hopefully, the micro-transactions will be for bling items that don't have a tangible effect on game-play.

• Like! 1

And... we get confirmation that D4 is gonna only be cosmetics with micro transactions?

if so... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! 

https://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3640547/diablo-4-microtransactions-limited-to-optional-cosmetics-and-story-expansions#:~:text=Blizzard Confirms Diablo 4 Microtransactions,and Story Expansions - AusGamers.com&text=Diablo 4 is coming in,biggest releases of the year

And, heres more news from rod fergusson on twitch from Blizzards... good news :thumbsup:

Rod Fergusson

@RodFergusson

To be clear, D4 is a full price game built for PC/PS/Xbox audiences. We are committed to delivering an incredible breadth of content after launch, for years to come, anchored around optional cosmetic items & full story driven expansions. More details soon. Necro blog tomorrow!

And if the cross platform is up to par, this is shaping up to look find.

i see... DRUID

:D

gogo

I was actually going through all the classes... this is exciting again, release next year? This is a HUGE AAA game.. and one review i was watching  had blizzard pretty much BOASTING how powerful its cross platform tech is going to be... is this even possible?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

:devil:

gogo

Final Fantasy 14 has seamless cross-platform for PC and PS4 (originally PS3).  FF14 is years old, so I imagine Blizzard can pull it off.

• Like! 1