Vanguard. Steps 1 & 2

SheHawk

On 12/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, Hooyaah said:

I think that an even larger grid may work better for you, as some of the separate elements are a bit close to one another. Yet the overall design looks very good.

Thank you for your comment, Steve, I sincerely appreciate it. An even bigger grid? I have seen some dungeon maps with elements as you say close to one another, though I will see sometime next year about doing a much larger one, I would need to do two seperate big ones like the one shown here, first. Then put them together. It would have to be completely empty, simply so that it will upload to the Sketchup Warehouse, the last time I tried to upload something, a house with furniture, using models from the Warehouse, to furnish my 3D Home with, the file size was too big and it would not upload, so that tells me that there was an upload file size limit. I do not know if that has changged, because, if the file size is too big, there will be no way for me to share that model in 3D, other than take lots and lots of individual screen shots, which would be very time consuming and tiring, trust, me, I have already tried doing something like that once.

So I will definitely try doing an even much bigger grid map and keep things spaced out, then see if by the time I have finished doing it, if it will upload or not to the Sketchup Warehouse. I really can't say any more fair than that. I was worried that my Tomb Raider Waterfall chamber model may not upload, but it did, the down point is that when using models from the warehouse, is they are all different KB file sizes which then adds to the over total of  the model I am doing and thefore, the file size is going to be quite big, so I have to be careful, I hope this model I am doing right now will actually upload, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thank you  also for saying that my early design concept looks good, wait until you see the next post, which is coming right up.

Edited by SheHawk

You are welcome, of course, Amy. My point was that when there is more space available during the creative process certain details have sufficient room to be formed and the overall look of the design will seem much more intricate and complex, less crowded, and allow for an enhanced freedom of expression and creativity. Employ your imagination as if in a dream and think of who the dungeons will have been designed by. Perhaps it was a result of the imagination of an ancient race of elves or a sect of secretive and powerful druids? Could the construction have been orchestrated by an evil, malicious, and mad king or was its formation fashioned by an enigmatic, ancient race whose intention was to thwart entry into their mystic and arcane domain by outsiders?

• Appreciation 1
On 12/5/2019 at 12:23 PM, Hooyaah said:

You are welcome, of course, Amy. My point was that when there is more space available during the creative process certain details have sufficient room to be formed and the overall look of the design will seem much more intricate and complex, less crowded, and allow for an enhanced freedom of expression and creativity. Employ your imagination as if in a dream and think of who the dungeons will have been designed by. Perhaps it was a result of the imagination of an ancient race of elves or a sect of secretive and powerful druids? Could the construction have been orchestrated by an evil, malicious, and mad king or was its formation fashioned by an enigmatic, ancient race whose intention was to thwart entry into their mystic and arcane domain by outsiders?

I have been giving your suggestion a lot of thought Steve and wonderful words by the way. Fantastic. I have been hit by an idea and I would appreciate your feed back on this, before I start doing anything, and It certainly will be quite big, I am not sure just how big. I was wondering what if I were to do a dungeon design, in a similar fashion to the Sion Dungeon Project? Because doing a dungeon level that way, I will be able to control better how far apart the different eleements/sections will be from one another. The Sion Dungeon  Project I am creating from, are based on Isometric view deungeon section images. I can still use my grid for doing similar, an isometric dungeon design, as the work surface of sketchup always starts up in the isometric view perspective. So actually, I will have a huge and better advantage doing an Isometric dungeon like design in 3D, because of this fact. What do you think?

Edited by SheHawk
19 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Amy, I am certain that you are capable of forming a dungeon that is somewhat analogous to and loosely based on some other; you would doubtlessly be successful in such an endeavor and it would come out quite well. However, you are at a stage now where you are ready to complete a design which is not eclectic, but a construction that is solely of your own design. There may be some similarities in your design, of course, as our minds form structures from that which it has gained an understanding. However, I know that you would feel much more satisfaction after completing a design unlike any other, one new and fresh to the eyes of its admires that would spark their imaginations. In implementing this, you as the artist are sharing your visions and inspiration of fantasy with others; therein lies the veritable magic.

:wizard:

Wow, such confidence in me and so many compliments from you Steve. I am almost speachless. Thank you from the very depths of my heart and soul. Well I certainly will give it my all, as the saying goes. I have come up with something maybe not new, but I do hope it will be different. I won't say what it is, as so not to spoil things, but I made and completed that before doing any work on the dungeon, an object for the yet to be made dungeon project that I will one day start doing.  I am definitely going to add things I hope that will be most unexpected, but not completely outside the bounderies of D&D. As I definitely want to keep within the D&D aspect, as much as possible, but with just a few added tweaks that would or could be used in D&D but is either not seen or used too much.  Something along those lines.

• Appreciation 1

That sounds like a fine plan, Amy. Remember, for your creations to stand out, your work must stand apart from that of others in as many inventive new ways as you can muster while still staying true to the genre.

• Appreciation 1
19 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

That sounds like a fine plan, Amy. Remember, for your creations to stand out, your work must stand apart from that of others in as many inventive new ways as you can muster while still staying true to the genre.

Thank you so much Steve, you have instilled in me so, so much. I cannot simply thank you enough. I am always keeping mindful of the genre, like with my Doctor Who project, while it is reinventing the show, at the same time I am honoring the mythos in my reimagining of the Time Lords etc. I have kept still true to the origins, it just from an alternate and what I hope to be an interesting new perspective.

Edited by SheHawk