Merry Christmas DarkMatters 2019!!

Hello lovely community!

The season's flurries are here.  Cookies, decorated trees, food and... family.  After almost fifteen years of our amazing journey with everyone here from the beginnings of the forum, to one of the world's largest wiki's and to a very now-bustling downloads section, we want to wish all of our family here of modders, posters, artists and friendlies a very Happy Christmas and seasons greets to all of our friends who's been merrily hanging out here for years. :bounce: 

The Christmas skin is here.. I believe one of the members' favorites... don't forget to click on the music button up top to activate inspiring the Christmas music from Sacred itself.. ! :dance: 

Happy Christmas to you and your families!

And above all 

Keep it Sacred

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
2 minutes ago, Flix said:

It's that time of year again!

Logging into DarkMatters like:

HwtMEpq.gif

LOL!
:4rofl:

I know eh...isnt this theme just the best!

:christmastree:

gogo

p.s. gotta give creds to Hooyaah..it was all his bakery in the bar thread that set off the christmas alarm clocks... time to start getting ready for the family friends and good eats

Great Avatar Flix!

I just dug this one out... Thank you Erris from Sacred's first beginnings... this was something she sent to me in an email sooooooooo long ago...she was a graphics design artist who could just do magic ...and would become furious when I would post about MSG in my threads :lol:

Thanks Eris

:hugs:

gogo

Woohoo!  Festive mode, active!  Everything is all different, omg, can't find buttons!

lol Flix.  Perfectly captured sentiment in that there gif!

On 12/8/2019 at 5:37 AM, Androdion said:

Ha, you know me... the Grinch:blush:

The job takes a toll on the holiday for me, as always. Just trying to keep it cool I guess. My tree is already decorated again though, filled with chocolates and figurines. The wife demands it! :whip:

20191201_184432.thumb.jpg.f1c49d55e79803b8bd7c977bb33f045d.jpg

Bravo Mate!!  I remember both yours and Flix's Christmas photos last year... full of your heritage... the kind of stuff that is full of Christmas love, and I adore your wife's demands upon you for the holidays! :heart: 

We dont really do much about here at the apartment here in mtl, but there's a lot of family action, decorating and kids and prezzies at my cousin's place in the country...I'll be taking lots of clics this year ... and hoping we can maybe all put up our Christmas food tables this year ?

:hugs:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Massive! That was actually a basement apartment...usually those are dark and not well lit...but this one was sunken in so deep and so well lit...that entry way into the vaul/kitchen was a wonderful for grand entrances!

:dance:

gogo

p.s. alas.. most fireplaces are now illegal in montreal because of the smoke... hence that crackling, digitized fireplace... no logs, no smoke... aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... no marshmallows...

:oooo:

gogo

I know I am late. But we had 3 birthdays this weekend. We will chop a 12feet tree on monday the 23rd when the oldest daughter with family, second with friend are at home from university for two weeks. We do it always late because we need the 'entrance hall' for it for daily routine normally. Entrance hall may be is a big word for an old stall for 6 cows and 2 horses. OOOLD wooden patchwork house which had a stall and barn included. We use use the room where normally the horse pulled farm wagon stood. 5 metres in height because the hay and stray storage was above the stall and could be reched from ground with a long fork. Table tennis, basketball, ... the room is normally used for playing or parties like our 2+1 birthday.

Would be type II, a three main weight carrying poles variant, with the left side halfways build into a hill for storm shelter. Also build in the hill is a deep cellar which is allways quite cool for food storing. Ground level left were the original living rooms, right the stall, above the yellow lines hay storage, above the pink stray (it is way lighter than hay). You see that there is something like an entrance hall ;)

The hay storage was rebuild as kids room because of the roof lowering the height significantly.

1417px-Zwei_drei_vier_Staender.svg.png

What do we do before we get our tree:

We use our ladder truck from firefighters each year to decorate the tree at the church and install lamps to illuminate the church. It was build on the remaining ruins of a Wehrkirche (fortified church) from early 11th century build on a hill with a high wall surrounding it.If we sit on our veranda we can see the illiminated church and the tree down on the village hill.

• Like! 1
On 12/18/2019 at 8:35 AM, chattius said:

I know I am late. But we had 3 birthdays this weekend. We will chop a 12feet tree on monday the 23rd when the oldest daughter with family, second with friend are at home from university for two weeks. We do it always late because we need the 'entrance hall' for it for daily routine normally. Entrance hall may be is a big word for an old stall for 6 cows and 2 horses. OOOLD wooden patchwork house which had a stall and barn included. We use use the room where normally the horse pulled farm wagon stood. 5 metres in height because the hay and stray storage was above the stall and could be reched from ground with a long fork. Table tennis, basketball, ... the room is normally used for playing or parties like our 2+1 birthday.

Would be type II, a three main weight carrying poles variant, with the left side halfways build into a hill for storm shelter. Also build in the hill is a deep cellar which is allways quite cool for food storing. Ground level left were the original living rooms, right the stall, above the yellow lines hay storage, above the pink stray (it is way lighter than hay). You see that there is something like an entrance hall ;)

The hay storage was rebuild as kids room because of the roof lowering the height significantly.

1417px-Zwei_drei_vier_Staender.svg.png

What do we do before we get our tree:

We use our ladder truck from firefighters each year to decorate the tree at the church and install lamps to illuminate the church. It was build on the remaining ruins of a Wehrkirche (fortified church) from early 11th century build on a hill with a high wall surrounding it.If we sit on our veranda we can see the illiminated church and the tree down on the village hill.

Lol, seriously Chattius... You've turned Christmas into a build!

:bounce:

gogo

On 12/18/2019 at 6:49 PM, lujate said:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Mery Christmas Lujate!

As a side question...what class you playing on D3?

I gave the crusader a try... loving it 

:thumbsupsmiley:

gogo

In evening we will do the Plätzchen for x-mas (x-mas cookies) and dried fruits. Want to show our au-pair what our local traditions are. Making own x-mas cookies is a must have.

Our local ones are not as colourful as in movies. Mainly because they use easily available contents from landside away from supermarkets.

Sour cream, buttermilk, flour, eggs, rough sugar and sugar mellasse, butter, honey, nuts, marmelade milk  ... But no food colour, colourful sugar pearls, chocolade, ....

One made with Schmand/Creme Fraiche for a small sour note and rough sugar topped to counter it.

rezeptbild-schmandplaetzchen.jpg

As colourful as it gets. But often we don't dust them with fine sugar but use egg yolk to have a nice shine.

weihnachtsplaetzchen-mit-marmelade-33313

• zomgod! 1
19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Mery Christmas Lujate!

As a side question...what class you playing on D3?

I gave the crusader a try... loving it 

:thumbsupsmiley:

gogo

A did A LOT of Crusader. After the Necro was released I switched.  

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, bhj said:

I finally found my Christmas avatar :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

So are you all done with the craziness that is Christmas this days ?

mc.gif

bhj, merry christmas friend! :hugs:  I still remember that gorgeous christmas forum skin you created years and years ago...you turned DarkMatters into a postcard... brilliant

gogo

p.s the Avatar is awesome..fierce Fenrir :viking: 

18 hours ago, chattius said:

In evening we will do the Plätzchen for x-mas (x-mas cookies) and dried fruits. Want to show our au-pair what our local traditions are. Making own x-mas cookies is a must have.

Our local ones are not as colourful as in movies. Mainly because they use easily available contents from landside away from supermarkets.

Sour cream, buttermilk, flour, eggs, rough sugar and sugar mellasse, butter, honey, nuts, marmelade milk  ... But no food colour, colourful sugar pearls, chocolade, ....

One made with Schmand/Creme Fraiche for a small sour note and rough sugar topped to counter it.

rezeptbild-schmandplaetzchen.jpg

As colourful as it gets. But often we don't dust them with fine sugar but use egg yolk to have a nice shine.

weihnachtsplaetzchen-mit-marmelade-33313

These are beautiful.  Love the art that goes into Christmas cookies.  I'll post pix of what our family bakes this year.. hoping for some of the delicious Empire Cookies!

:dance:

gogo

3 hours ago, lujate said:

A did A LOT of Crusader. After the Necro was released I switched.  

I'm hooked on Crusader...this is new.. Schot updated the drivers on my old Video card and all of a sudden I could play games with animation again :lol:   Is there a particular build you were using? I'm hooked on speed run build using the steed set.  I can finally do Great rifts 95  - 100 with it.. speed is so much more fun for me than stodgy tanks...

going full Thor here

:viking:

gogo