DarkWolfNine's Astute/Gruesome Inquisitor Build

• 2 years later...

Just stumbled upon this while browsing the builds section and it's very similar to the build I'm currently running. The only change is that I took Damage Lore instead of Spell Resistance and I'm focusing mostly on melee left click attacks and using CA's only at opportune moments. The only relevant ones are really going to be Callous Execution, Ruthless Mutilation, Dislodged Spirit for bosses and the temporary Buffs (Frenetic Fervor and Paralyzing Dread). As such, I pump all the buffs to high levels because I don't care much about regen times.

The biggest difference is that I will be using the Doppelganger (along with Purifying Chastisement and Reverse Polarity) as a buff instead of Soul Reaver from level 75 on.

Damage Lore is the basis of my build, using fire/poison weapons and taking the Sphere mod on Reverse Polarity to automatically trigger Weaken on everything I touch. Also planning on getting a set of Ice Weapons for when I cast the Doppelganger so I can trigger every single secondary effect on any enemy at all times.

I took Astute Supremacy Lore and Focus to power up the Doppelganger and Reverse Polarity. All the other 3 offensive CAs are going to be mostly ignored except maybe Clustering Maelstrom to clump up enemies for the occasional Ruthless Mutilation casts. Also took Nefarious Focus to mod Dislodged Spirit and Paralyzing Dread.

Working really well so far, currently level 54. My only concern is survivability in later Niobium, but I'm putting every single attribute point into Vitality and plan on pumping Constitution a lot.

• Like! 1