I've been eating Dainty rice from a can with powdered chinese flavor on top and my emergency spaghetti sauce mix... 

lol..this is my zombie Apocalypse food ... and...dang its' tasteh!

:4rofl:

gogo

• Like! 1
On 3/28/2020 at 7:35 AM, Jayce said:

Hello DarkWolfNine,

Winter has finished, end of hibernation :eek:

Let's go for hot sausages :chef: and duties if you're ready :evil:

Welcome back home again :wink:

Thanks Jayce! I really appreciate it!
As for winter has finished.... It snowed last week (only overnight and melted throughout the day.. But happy first day of Spring for us! :) )
I wish we could go out and play, (Dumb COVID-19 virus!)
But I'm glad to be back absolutely!  - Some good sausages are always enjoyed. Looking forward to them! :D

• Appreciation 1
On 3/29/2020 at 5:01 AM, gogoblender said:

I've been eating Dainty rice from a can with powdered chinese flavor on top and my emergency spaghetti sauce mix... 

gogo

LMFAO! That is definitely some Apocalypse food! Love it!

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, DarkWolfNine said:

I am waiting for Theuns to show up. Hopefully he has overlooked the last posts. :wink:

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, DarkWolfNine said:

8 hours ago, Dax said:

I am waiting for Theuns to show up. Hopefully he has overlooked the last posts. :wink:

Seconds available upon request!

:chef:

gogo

On 3/29/2020 at 2:01 PM, gogoblender said:

gogo

:twitch::blink::Just_Cuz_21::cstars::ohmy::eek::nooo:  OOOOOHHHH no gogo... did you run out of food? does Montreal not have fresh fruits and vegetables available anymore? don't worry, I have contacted the authorities and they should be on their way with proper sustenance!:help: 

I myself will confess... I also eat things that come in cans... tuna, corned beef, smoked mussels... 

I don't have ANY idea what dainty rice from a can is....

I hope you are all doing well. I am at least getting to eat at work, otherwise I would've died from Starvation at home, if boredom did not get to me first.

• Appreciation 1
On 3/22/2020 at 5:02 PM, DarkWolfNine said:

@NightWolfe: I'm so glad your husband has taken it to be humorous after all of these years! I remember all the time I was like: HERE ya go: (and unloaded a ton of new pics, stats, and the like) and you joked that your hubby would be so mad if you took all the time to get them into the site right away. Which was never a worry for rushing. I always just wanted to get you what I could, when I could, and figured you would get to it when you were able... Then the next day..... I was like.. crap.. she got almost all of that into her site already! Lol. A very patient husband you have. - but those memories back then (helping you with Sacred 2 info. Playing sacred 2 with the wonderful community of Clan-DA and Dark Matters!) are very cherished memories of mine. 

Yeah I got myself into a lot of trouble back then LOL.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:02 PM, DarkWolfNine said:

(p.s. how is Outer Worlds? Any good? I was debating about that one a little while back!) 

(See what being a programmer by profession does? I get too winded with typing.) Lol.

It is SO good, I totally recommend it. Not sure if you ever played Fallout New Vegas but it was the same developers and so the UI is very similar to that. Also it is like a cross between Fallout and Firefly (best show ever)!

Well you get too long winded and I end up spotting everyone's errors (including my own which I then have to obsessively edit later) - Software Quality Analyst here.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:42 PM, chattius said:

Roasted red potato wedges, a sauce from handcheese and slightly roasted onions to make them brown are a good replacement for poutine.

That sounds sooooo good, now I'm hungry :wink:

Edited by ~Night.Wolfe~
  • Like! 1
22 hours ago, Delta! said:

:twitch::blink::Just_Cuz_21::cstars::ohmy::eek::nooo:  OOOOOHHHH no gogo... did you run out of food? does Montreal not have fresh fruits and vegetables available anymore? don't worry, I have contacted the authorities and they should be on their way with proper sustenance!:help: 

I myself will confess... I also eat things that come in cans... tuna, corned beef, smoked mussels... 

I don't have ANY idea what dainty rice from a can is....

I hope you are all doing well. I am at least getting to eat at work, otherwise I would've died from Starvation at home, if boredom did not get to me first.

lol... im finding more and more that I'm eating the kind of food that my parents had in their cupboard when we were growing up here in Canada.  Cans and cans of items and premade food... alas...the Metro grocery store has lines of people around it, and the Dollarama is almost policed by packs of people looking bewildered lost and frightened.. all wanting in and then not wanting to leave... I guess looking for any sense of belonging or community :( 

The "safe" places we've found close to us now are the pharmacy ... (LOVE this place... there's a security guard in here, the have amped up their food carry and he gives you an interview plus makes you wash your hands before entering... good stuff!)  and the bakery with Jewish goods a block from me... this place is special! I can get my milk from them and have been securing two at a time... and at four pm when I finish my first work shift, if we run down we can secure FRESH, hot from the oven boiled, then baked Montreal Bagesl... soooo delicious they are like hot croissants in side ... Keeeyummbo!

:drool:

gogo

11 hours ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Yeah I got myself into a lot of trouble back then LOL.

It is SO good, I totally recommend it. Not sure if you ever played Fallout New Vegas but it was the same developers and so the UI is very similar to that. Also it is like a cross between Fallout and Firefly (best show ever)!

Well you get too long winded and I end up spotting everyone's errors (including my own which I then have to obsessively edit later) - Software Quality Analyst here.

That sounds sooooo good, now I'm hungry :wink:

LOL. You're funny. But I get obsessing over things. (I don't have OCD... okay. I do.)

RE: Outer Worlds; - I'm so glad it is highly recommended. - I never did end up playing Fallout New Vegas (I should some time). I LOVE Firefly! I will definitely pick up Outer Worlds sometime. (I recently FINALLY got to playing Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm enjoying it. I do think some of the GUI in the menus are counter-intuitive, but that is just me over-analyzing. )

Oooh.. Good profession! I am usually really good about catching my own bugs (did I mention OCD?), BUT when I don't, I am very thankful for someone in your profession whom I can count on to catch something I might have missed, or a scenario I didn't think of. Unfortunately we recently had to furlough some employees to get through this hard time, and the person we had doing that, was furloughed. So now I get to kick myself if I miss something when we release an update!

Hopefully this COVID will slow down. Being in Washington state though... We are one of the states that are on the high end. At least I'm in Eastern WA.

Anyhow! I got winded again.

Thank you for the Outer Worlds info, I really appreciate it!

Talk to you soon,
Christopher aka DarkWolfNine

P.S. GOGO! You can't run out of poutines yet. You need to ration them and make sure you have enough to offer some to all of the new friends that join the community! :)

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, DarkWolfNine said:

I recently FINALLY got to playing Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm enjoying it.

Oh that is another game I really loved!!! Good taste! :girlove:

Right now I am going crazy over the remake of Final Fantasy 7!! Sooooo good!!!

6 hours ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

REally...that good? I never really got into the series,lack of console...but my friends who love it are absolutely ravenous about it

:)

gogo

On 4/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, gogoblender said:

REally...that good? I never really got into the series,lack of console...but my friends who love it are absolutely ravenous about it

Yeah it is really great. The story is great, the controls are easy to use, the menus are clean and easy to navigate, the graphics blew my mind... The biggest thing for me though is the combat systems is AMAZINGLY simple considering all of the things you can do - basic attack, power attack, special attack, spells, items, special abilities, limit breaks, summons and programmable hot keys. I have played games with less stuff and yet I often struggled with combat because it was too hard remembering what all the different buttons and combination of buttons even did. For example with this game on Playstation the square and triangle buttons are the basic and power attacks, holding the square button for a moment was the power attack and everything else was via a menu that got triggered when you hit X (which also super slows down combat so you have time to make your selection). Oh you could also block with R1 and evade with circle. And if you wanted to (which I did not) you could assign specific actions found in the X menu to L1 + another button. So easy!

I am now about 90 hours in to playing and I've beaten the game on normal. When you beat it the chapter selection opens up and you can skip to any chapter you want and play it in Classic, Easy, Normal or Hard mode. This way you can go back and do anything you missed, get certain buff items that are only available in hard mode and trigger certain things that would take multiple play throughs (but because of this you can do without playing 100% of the game again if you want). For my obsessive, 100% completionist  nature this way of doing it is so amazing. I sometimes struggle to play a game over beginning to end to get all the extras or to play in the harder mode to get that 100%, somehow being able to skip around levels and go back to specific good grinding places and whatnot makes it so much better.

The only sad thing is this.... because FF7 was such a HUGE game they've said that they are spreading it out over 4 games expected to be released every or every other year. So that means it will be 4-8 years before I get to relive the full story. Also certain things were missing that I expect will be in the later games - like I didn't get to ride or breed any Chocobos!!! :sigh:

Also I would super recommend getting a Playstation, I can't live without mine and I have had all 4 generations now. There are so, so many amazing games you are missing out on!

Edited by ~Night.Wolfe~
  • Like! 1
On 4/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, gogoblender said:

I just checked and I still have a copy of FF VIII that works on a PC as well as the PS2. I might try it again ... since I still have both systems.

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Yeah it is really great. The story is great, the controls are easy to use, the menus are clean and easy to navigate, the graphics blew my mind... The biggest thing for me though is the combat systems is AMAZINGLY simple considering all of the things you can do - basic attack, power attack, special attack, spells, items, special abilities, limit breaks, summons and programmable hot keys. I have played games with less stuff and yet I often struggled with combat because it was too hard remembering what all the different buttons and combination of buttons even did. For example with this game on Playstation the square and triangle buttons are the basic and power attacks, holding the square button for a moment was the power attack and everything else was via a menu that got triggered when you hit X (which also super slows down combat so you have time to make your selection). Oh you could also block with R1 and evade with circle. And if you wanted to (which I did not) you could assign specific actions found in the X menu to L1 + another button. So easy!

I am now about 90 hours in to playing and I've beaten the game on normal. When you beat it the chapter selection opens up and you can skip to any chapter you want and play it in Classic, Easy, Normal or Hard mode. This way you can go back and do anything you missed, get certain buff items that are only available in hard mode and trigger certain things that would take multiple play throughs (but because of this you can do without playing 100% of the game again if you want). For my obsessive, 100% completionist  nature this way of doing it is so amazing. I sometimes struggle to play a game over beginning to end to get all the extras or to play in the harder mode to get that 100%, somehow being able to skip around levels and go back to specific good grinding places and whatnot makes it so much better.

The only sad thing is this.... because FF7 was such a HUGE game they've said that they are spreading it out over 4 games expected to be released every or every other year. So that means it will be 4-8 years before I get to relive the full story. Also certain things were missing that I expect will be in the later games - like I didn't get to ride or breed any Chocobos!!! :sigh:

Also I would super recommend getting a Playstation, I can't live without mine and I have had all 4 generations now. There are so, so many amazing games you are missing out on!

1 hour ago, Spock said:

I just checked ad I still have a copy of FF VIII that works on a PC as well as the PS2. I might try it again ... since I still have both systems.

wow!! Lisa I just love hearing someone write out their experiences with a game they're crazy about.  Makes me feel like I'm a part of your gaming :lol:  I love how you relate the game's strengths to your play style...  thoroughness is what got the world's first Sacred Website Built.. Wolfe's Laire!

:dance2:

gogo

On 4/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

I finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn (sans the level expansion Frozen Wilds.. I'll wait for that one to go on sale). But I Platinum'd it! :D Yay!

Right after that I installed FF VII Remake! I haven't started it yet tho'. It was very tempting as I had the discs sitting there taunting me while I was working on Horizon Zero Dawn.  But that is next up!

I'm not sure if it will happen, but maybe The Outer Worlds might go on sale? I would like to play that one. (Per someone's very high recommendation! :wink: )
Maybe I should fire up my PS3 and check out New Vegas.
Hmm. We'll see.
This quarantine has given me some more time in the evenings (Even though work is so crazy and stressful right now. With the less staff (furloughed) and never-ending projects, bug fixes, deadlines.

DarkWolfNine

Edited by DarkWolfNine
On 4/26/2020 at 6:47 AM, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

90 hours in, eh? Wow! I have something to look forward to! - It is sad that it isn't the full game/story, but I'm sure we have a lot of games (and life .... chores, errands, work... sigh. heh) to fill the gap.

I was a bit concerned reading how the battles have changed. I was a little bit hesitant to hear that. But reading this gave me a bit of hope, in that I will not hate it.. :D Thank you!

DarkWolfNine

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 7:06 PM, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Yeah I love the battles! I was also sad when I found out there wouldn't be a turn based option which I had thought that they had said they were originally going to have. I think it was probably that when they said classic mode I assumed that meant the classic game as in turn based, but it turned out that classic mode was pretty lame. Basically in that mode even the character you are currently controlling will automatically fight and that way you can just focus on deciding what spells/items/abilities etc. you are going to have them all use as they are able. That was boring though and it is super easy to keep fighting and just glance at the ability gauges periodically to tell when you can do moves and the pull up that menu that slows it way down so you can safely make your choices. Also, FYI, Tifa is super fun to play as in battle so don't forget to swap control between characters and test out each ones play style to decide which you prefer to control.

Have you started playing yet? What do you think?

Another awesome old game (PS2) that was really cheap on the Playstation Store not long ago is Rogue Galaxy which has been enhanced, I am so excited to play that one again too!

And if anyone wants to relive the original FF7 it has a digitally enhanced digital version on the Playstation Store for only $7.99 on sale right now, I also got that one!

I am really looking forward to it! (Unfortunately, I haven't had the dedicated time to give it a proper start), I have only had time for some less involved games for quick sessions. I'm hoping that will change soon. Work is slowly killing me. So much work piled on due to the furloughed employees.  Thank you for the deeper explanation of the battles! I really appreciate it :D

I haven't ever tried Rogue Galaxy.. I'll have to look into it. Thank you!

(I have FF7 on so many systems, it's a bit obscene. lol. ) But I'm glad you mentioned it for others!

-DarkWolfNine

5 hours ago, DarkWolfNine said:

Work is slowly killing me. So much work piled on due to the furloughed employees.  Thank you for the deeper explanation of the battles! I really appreciate it :D

I here you on this friend. We have roughly thirty percent of our work force on sick leave because of stress, covid, etc... works always asking for OT from the teams now...but were slowly ebbing out into everyone's homes... this time right now we have 7500 employees at home over the last three months

:eek:

gogo

17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I here you on this friend. We have roughly thirty percent of our work force on sick leave because of stress, covid, etc... works always asking for OT from the teams now...but were slowly ebbing out into everyone's homes... this time right now we have 7500 employees at home over the last three months

:eek:

gogo

Holy smokes! That is a lot of employees. :moil: As long as you're staying safe as well! - I do get to work from home during this, fortunately. Although I tend to put more hours in (partially because I am working from home, and the lack of employees - 40% furloughed) . These are crazy times indeed.

DarkWolfNine

We got an email from the district office responsible for controlling companies. They asked if we would allow home office and work at home. I answered anyone who will ask for home office or work at home will be fired. 5 minutes later I got a reply with just why. I answered everyone who is willing to work with explosives at home is crazy. And nobody will work with a mad person in a room full of explosives...

At corona outbreak we changed to two groups each 3 persons in hope that if one gets infected the other can still work in the second bunker.  We also have a secretary. We could move the secretary to home office, but she is also the one who is responsible for pakets received and send. Just takes too long to move from the bunker deep in earth to the surface to accept a package. Electric grounding has to be removed the big doors opened and all again when going back.

We need our secretary on place... and she is an excellent cook and brings a cake every second day. Stupid district office... There must be a reason why our company is 2 miles from next house.

• zomgod! 1