Corona Virus - COVID 19

Two brothers, seven cousins and cousines of my mom died spring 1945 because of diptheria. Fleeing soldiers brought it to the area. There were no docs, no drugs, and partisans (= armed freed forced workers from factories in towns) raided most of the food. So the kids were to weak to have a chance.

Having no chance for vaccination is one thing, but having it and taking the risk..,

A music class at the school of our third got infected in late autumn 2020. None of them needed to visit hospital, none was considered more than a light to medium case. But 10 of the brass instrument players wouldn't have been allowed to visit the school at their current shape after almost 2 years after the infection. If you need to be one of a thousand and you loose 1% of you breath- you are no longer top niveau.

There are no long time tests with the vaccines, but there is also no longtime knowledge what the bug can do with the nerve system of people grewing up.

• Sad 1
On 7/17/2022 at 9:37 AM, chattius said:

Two brothers, seven cousins and cousines of my mom died spring 1945 because of diptheria. Fleeing soldiers brought it to the area. There were no docs, no drugs, and partisans (= armed freed forced workers from factories in towns) raided most of the food. So the kids were to weak to have a chance.

Having no chance for vaccination is one thing, but having it and taking the risk..,

A music class at the school of our third got infected in late autumn 2020. None of them needed to visit hospital, none was considered more than a light to medium case. But 10 of the brass instrument players wouldn't have been allowed to visit the school at their current shape after almost 2 years after the infection. If you need to be one of a thousand and you loose 1% of you breath- you are no longer top niveau.

There are no long time tests with the vaccines, but there is also no longtime knowledge what the bug can do with the nerve system of people grewing up.

Chattius, your recounting of the diptheria is saddening.  I compare that to the history of my mom who says she remember in old days when they used to have a *vaccine passport* with stamps in it before being able to travel anywhere in the old days.  I'm gonna do a take away with your best line:

"Having no chance for vaccination is one thing, but having it and taking the risk.., "

:thumbsup:

gogo

17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Chattius, your recounting of the diptheria is saddening.  I compare that to the history of my mom who says she remember in old days when they used to have a *vaccine passport* with stamps in it before being able to travel anywhere in the old days.  I'm gonna do a take away with your best line:

"Having no chance for vaccination is one thing, but having it and taking the risk.., "

:thumbsup:

gogo

Yes, I think that this is the main problem. New generation was grewing up in the believe that every disease can be cured easily. When I was at school there were mobile immunisation teams: everyone in class was immunisized against small pox, poliomyelitis, diptheria, tetanus, ... Most of us knew slightly older people who had the diseases and were suffering for their whole life.

In my main grewing phase I had a virus disease, probably brought in from the mediterran- It turned me into a monkey, arms and chest for above 2 metres, my leg growing was reduced by around 10 centimetres. Well at least long arms made me a great swrimmer and handball goalie.

So I was very careful when covid game. One entry point for a virus or bacteria are the eyes and there is a direct link to the brain. When the brain is still developing the virus/bacteria may cause meningitis and can do great harm. There are flue variants which have a high chance to enter via the eyes into the brain. And it needs only one nasty mutation and covid may do the same.

• Like! 1
On 7/19/2022 at 3:57 AM, chattius said:

Yes, I think that this is the main problem. New generation was grewing up in the believe that every disease can be cured easily. When I was at school there were mobile immunisation teams: everyone in class was immunisized against small pox, poliomyelitis, diptheria, tetanus, ... Most of us knew slightly older people who had the diseases and were suffering for their whole life.

In my main grewing phase I had a virus disease, probably brought in from the mediterran- It turned me into a monkey, arms and chest for above 2 metres, my leg growing was reduced by around 10 centimetres. Well at least long arms made me a great swrimmer and handball goalie.

So I was very careful when covid game. One entry point for a virus or bacteria are the eyes and there is a direct link to the brain. When the brain is still developing the virus/bacteria may cause meningitis and can do great harm. There are flue variants which have a high chance to enter via the eyes into the brain. And it needs only one nasty mutation and covid may do the same.

Its hard for young people to believe in chronic deseases. They need personal exposure to relatives and close friends to fully " feel" covid. Most people who know it know it from the news, and bait links. And theres a smaller group of us who have lost relatives to this disease work in residences where twenty guests died from it in a month, front line like my aunt in montreal, front like like my cousin in jewish general emergency covid unit (got shut down for isolation ) a.. once covds in your life it stays :blink: 

on brigter note... gonna covid test tonight..crossing fingers.tested positive with fever on july 2nd and hoping to see some yummy numbers tonight!

:)