Corona Virus - COVID 19

My wife showed me an article in a medical magazine. A doctor wrote about his frustration that people refuse to get their immunisations and the reasons: rebellion against the autorities, the immunisation is still to new and could have risks, noone can force me to bring me or my kids in danger, the docs are just interested to make money, the disease was brought in country by foreign forces,... The doc was from Bavaria and Bavaria was forcing everyone in the state to be immunized, prison or very very high money payment.

BUT: The doc was reporting about the problems in 1807 when Bavaria was first state in the world to force an immunisation against small pox.

Some things never seem to change and somehow I think that a kingdom has its advantages over a democraty in times of pandemy.

6 hours ago, chattius said:

The doc was reporting about the problems in 1807

History does tend to repeat itself as it's usually said. The question we all should be asking is "why?". My very general opinion on this matter, and I really don't want to spur a very political discussion here, is that there was a total loss of authority from every national government when they said out loud that Covid vaccines weren't mandatory. I mean, the world literally shut down to a halt, and vaccines aren't mandatory:)

I've been saying it for almost a year now, that the fact that Covid vaccination wasn't made mandatory from its inception would cause a divide among the population and create first and second class citizens, those being the (privileged) vaccinated and the (ostracised) non-vaccinated. I've said it so many times and no one ever took me serious... until these past few weeks.

Sometimes I hate being right all the time...

I think in Germany lot of the trouble was because of elections and Merkel saying to early that she won't continue. The candidates refused to say anything about harder actions and waited for the high court to do a decision if lockdowns are legal or not. Merkel was a nature scientist with a feeling for numbers, but once she said she won't continue she lost much needed leading power and there was a sort of vaccuum. And the people to fill it had'nt the balls to do a hard decision which could perhaps have resulted in less voters or declared illegal by high court.

Now a general was ordered to coordinate actions and I really hope that he is doing his job without looking to advance in the ladder of a political party.

In our district disaster management are only two persons not belonging to a political party, one is me the other a friend from red cross. What I can say: the other members bait with promises to join there opinions, but our two votes are needed for a majority and we follow our belly feeling which is normally better than the political goals of a party.

Yeah, when there's political interest nobody wants to be the one saying "we have to do things this way". I think that one of the major issues with vaccination was the message that it was a solution, and furthermore how that was passed down from the government(s) to the population(s), which resulted in a false illusion of being able to get back to a regular normal life as if Covid didn't exist anymore. It was the way that my government found to have nearly 90% of the population vaccinated, the downside of it being that people no longer cared much for all of the prior containment rules. If it was made mandatory from the start and people were told that it was only a first step...

But... political interest!

I know its a disaster for so many parts of the world re this now... specially as its horribly difficult to get vaccine to remote, distant areas where there are huge populations still needing help.  I didnt realize that here in Quebec where I am, our relative high rates of vaccine have left us with some ( I say that lightly now, always fearful of what may come ) degree of mobility 

77.018%

of all people in Quebec are fully vaccinated

81.065%

of all people in Quebec have received at least one dose

Eligible

Its gotten pretty strict at my job, everyone has to be vaccinated if you want go to work and work in the offices down town, but still most of us are working at home now since Covid hit, and if youre not vaccinated  you have to do a live test before you can enter the building

:blink:

gogo

• 3 months later...

We're triple boostered up, but the wife managed to finally catch covid after all. She's not as terrible as others I've heard of, but she said it's hitting her harder than she was expecting. My self tests keep on showing negative though, and I've not got any symptoms. So there's that :D 

• Like! 1

None in our village or at work had it so far. The teacher of our twins had kidney transplants 4 years ago and he asked his class to keep the masks and such going. It is the only of the 34 classes in this school without a covid case.

Most covid here nowadays comes from schools or Kindergardens.

Our third is still at hospital with her broken leg. Sonic wave therapy to make the healing faster. She lost so much at school already. Not languages or nature sciences but practice needed for the art school.

I have an insurance for private tutoring in case of illness or accidents for all the kids. But how to do it if the hospital doesn't allow visitors.

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, Timotheus said:

We're triple boostered up, but the wife managed to finally catch covid after all. She's not as terrible as others I've heard of, but she said it's hitting her harder than she was expecting. My self tests keep on showing negative though, and I've not got any symptoms. So there's that :D 

@Timotheus 
Timooooooo, hallooooo!!!  Good hearing about the triple boosts!  I'm sorry to hear about your wife's struggle with it, but apparently with the vaccination, its supposed to feel and last with shorter and less intense than actually getting it, hoping that its a short term with her :hugs:

My mom actually got it, shes triple boosted, and is 76, she works front line down in the states at a elders home in Bethesda Maryland, I guess it was just a matter of time with the amount of people she meets, but.. she was assymptomatic, and after three days it passed, whew :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, chattius said:

None in our village or at work had it so far. The teacher of our twins had kidney transplants 4 years ago and he asked his class to keep the masks and such going. It is the only of the 34 classes in this school without a covid case.

Most covid here nowadays comes from schools or Kindergardens.

Our third is still at hospital with her broken leg. Sonic wave therapy to make the healing faster. She lost so much at school already. Not languages or nature sciences but practice needed for the art school.

I have an insurance for private tutoring in case of illness or accidents for all the kids. But how to do it if the hospital doesn't allow visitors.

Ive never heard of sonic wave therapy, but hope your daughter heals quickly so you can get her home.  It was soooooo long that we had to wait before conditions lessened up before we could visit Ammamma, but after taking her to the hospital for a whole-day, when I got home, the wonderful nurses actually saved and set up a dinner for me, and for the first time in years someone was able to eat an actual dinner with her, mask-free! 

Who loves hospital food..yay!

:D

gogo

IMG_7436.jpg

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I've never heard of sonic wave therapy, but hope your daughter heals quickly so you can get her home.

It is called extracorporeal shockwave therapy

The controlled reinjuring of tissue allows the body to regenerate blood vessels and bone cells. The resulting revascularization leads to faster healing and often a return to pre-injury activity levels. It is a treatment using powerful acoustic pulses which is mostly used to treat kidney stones and in physical therapy and orthopedics

ESWT is also used to promote bone healing and treat bone necrosis.[17] It is an effective alternative to surgical treatment of non-healing fractures.[18]

It was a complicated break. The bone parts had to be fixed with screws. Some of the parts had nearly no blood flow anymore. These parts were done with ESWT to cover them with blood and bone cells from healthier parts.. One good thing at covid: all the instruments and docs at orthopedics had not much to do and no waiting list. It is part of a clinical study so for the next year there will be controls.

My wife gets the progress and she says it could spare 3 weeks hospital and 2 weeks rehab

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

sooooo , it became my turn ^^   july 1st we returned from barbados, our group from wedding party was 7, and four of us got struck with covid on way backhome  :oooo: one of the kids got sick two days before leaving coming back home and i guess transmitted it to everyone else.  Ive been vaccinated four times, and had evaded actually any kind of cold for years with all the insideness that accompanied the covid.  Im still showing positive from july 2nd, had fever, missed work, got to hang out here more at the forum :hugs: but have just got that breath of relief when you feel a great malaise is leaving and feel like being outside is becoming reasonable again. Because im diabetic my doctor advised me to take the paxlovid which does not lessen the length of covid but apparently brings down severity of occurence.  Today this good morning all of a sudden cooking breakfast had appeal and im excited to brave this new world outside... here we come!

:superman:

gogo

Was tested 3rd day in series because hospital wants me to do a blood donation - number 249 for me. I have nearly non existing Rhesus factors and they need this if they fear immune reactions.

Best time for 4th booster would be a few days after donating. With luck I may get one of the new omicron boosters - at least I opted as a test person and Marburg is just 30 minutes with a bike.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

got to hang out here more at the forum :hugs: 

I love your ability to always find something good even in the worst crisis. Covid is like the worst, it can tear families and whole societies apart. Your positivity gives hope to everyone who's facing this threat, including myself. Wish you and your family the best!

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

sooooo , it became my turn ^^   july 1st we returned from barbados, our group from wedding party was 7, and four of us got struck with covid on way backhome  :oooo: one of the kids got sick two days before leaving coming back home and I guess transmitted it to everyone else.  Ive been vaccinated four times, and had evaded actually any kind of cold for years with all the insideness that accompanied the covid.  Im still showing positive from july 2nd, had fever, missed work, got to hang out here more at the forum :hugs: but have just got that breath of relief when you feel a great malaise is leaving and feel like being outside is becoming reasonable again. Because im diabetic my doctor advised me to take the paxlovid which does not lessen the length of covid but apparently brings down severity of occurence.  Today this good morning all of a sudden cooking breakfast had appeal and im excited to brave this new world outside... here we come!

:superman:

gogo

Rommel, here's a couple of videos that you just have to watch. Dr. Eric Berg has over 2,500 videos that help people keep off weight, stay healthy, and maintain a healthy immune system.

• Appreciation 1
22 hours ago, Dax said:

Good to see that you made it. Cov19 is not a virus you make jokes about. Do you count as immune now? At least for a certain amount of time?

Thanks Dax! I hear you on the not joking.  And really taking it easy till im back to tip top.  One of my uncles who lives in Ontario, when corona was just starting went to a party, he was unvaccinated and I guess the virus was much stronger at this time before getting diluted through everyone it passed through got to him, and hes been in hospital ever since.  He's had respirator in him for months at a time, while they tried different drugs to get the virus under control, but, and this was a a top notch athlete, played lots of rugby in Sri Lanka ...even all this wasnt enough and we just got info a a few weeks ago that they are transferring him to palliative and he's on morphine till he passes.  Some of my family are travelling down to my mom's down in Maryland to stay so that they can visit him before he passes.  I always try to keep Uncle Annesly in my head to keep me thinking straight for this road and to accept his gift he's given all of us, perspective and journey and that family experience is the most important in our lives because it seems so much more meaningful than anything well see in the news

And regarding immunity...I picked up a great sentence this morning from some reading online... *facets of immunity" ...  Ill take this to mean in my specific situation that because im so vaccinated theres a great probability for me currently of not getting VERY sick, but  just sick and most importantly not so infectious to others? 

:)

gogo

21 hours ago, chattius said:

Was tested 3rd day in series because hospital wants me to do a blood donation - number 249 for me. I have nearly non existing Rhesus factors and they need this if they fear immune reactions.

Best time for 4th booster would be a few days after donating. With luck I may get one of the new omicron boosters - at least I opted as a test person and Marburg is just 30 minutes with a bike.

Chattius I had my 4fth booster, and Im gonna have to look at my own experience that keeps me finding value in believe that probably if i wasnt so well vaccinated it would/could have bee worse.

Omicron boosters? havent heard of that yet, but ...hey this is only my first cup of coffee I'll get my reading underhand soon.

gogo

20 hours ago, Lindor said:

I love your ability to always find something good even in the worst crisis. Covid is like the worst, it can tear families and whole societies apart. Your positivity gives hope to everyone who's facing this threat, including myself. Wish you and your family the best!

:hugs:..Lindor you gave me a warm fuzzy...!  I can relate about how it can tear families apart... luckily because so many of my family works in health care and services our experience with this virus has put us on the same side .with some arguments on how we execute of course, but we're all of the same opinion that its something most of us have ducked with the exception of four or five who were VERY sick...and with a Ammamma like mine who's still mean hahah.. it makes visits with her so important , valuable and meaningful because if were gifted with the opportunity to visit family who's almost 100 years old... you can see YOUR future.. right there...and she's been through a year of almost complete isolation where she saw none of us.. i'd be remiss in not finding duty that she's given me in finding that little bit of sun where I can in bad starter moments.  Sure we can get moments that start bad, but where we choose to take them next is where our grattitude for the first breath we take in the morning comes in and with it the perspective we need to see behind the clouds.

Yay DarkMatters.. our sun shines here always!

:gogo:

gogo

19 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Rommel, here's a couple of videos that you just have to watch. Dr. Eric Berg has over 2,500 videos that help people keep off weight, stay healthy, and maintain a healthy immune system.

I saw both your links and enjoyed the good boost to perspective!  Steve last year back in April my family got me some awesome new running shoes as a bday gift... since Winter of 2021 I'd really put a new spin on my days, started with walking and now run almost daily (when i can , dang those knees and these golden years! :4rofl: ) ... lost about 25 lbs, got my gogo heart rate under control :lol: to a now more reasonable one in the 71's,  lowered blood pressure, AND.. really got a handle on my type two diabetes... im super careful to eat the way dr. berge describes, we have a lot of fresh produce shipped to our place every 10 days and have gotten "excited" about waking up early and eating proteins and raw veggies and fruits as a stable in my diet.  I'm trying to stay away from my years long food intake of dollar store foods , take out and sit-ins at mcdonalds  and focused on finding sincere gratitude and love for first, the sourcing of good ingredients, and then the preparation of them. Used to hate eating fruits but now look at them as curious as a veraciraptor looking at prey!

:4rofl:

gogo

28 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Chattius I had my 4fth booster, and Im gonna have to look at my own experience that keeps me finding value in believe that probably if I wasnt so well vaccinated it would/could have bee worse.

Omicron boosters? havent heard of that yet, but ...hey this is only my first cup of coffee I'll get my reading underhand soon.

gogo

It is still in testing, but some people have to test. I have one and a half doc at home to look for me, I live close to factory for tests. I won't test it by getting infected but rather by having blood checked for amount of antibodies.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-omicron-adapted-covid-19

• Like! 1

we're fortunate 

26 minutes ago, chattius said:

It is still in testing, but some people have to test. I have one and a half doc at home to look for me, I live close to factory for tests. I won't test it by getting infected but rather by having blood checked for amount of antibodies.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-omicron-adapted-covid-19

we're both fortunate we both live close to resources and happy resources at that :lol: 

im looking at your link regarding new vaccine, hoping my next skirmish with this virus is a little kinder

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Sorry for your loss. It is always hard to loose a family member. Sometimes I ask myself why some people avoid the vaccination at all costs. With vaccination an infection is already risky and should be avoided if possible. Being not vaccinated means you challenge the moody goddess of fortune. Which is a pretty dense idea. Even if you get away one time, you still can get crushed as soon as you catch the next virus subtype. And since airplanes fly happily around the globe, carrying the virus from continent a to continent b within a few hours, we wont get rid of cov19 anytime soon.

• Like! 1

Vaccination discussions are SO touchy with anyone outside of my family circle.  The experience of covid for some I've met comes from them not having personal experience with others either family or close friends that have faced trauma at hands of covid years while my own family has many members that are front line and have to find ways to deal with black or white outcomes or not get revenue from jobs. 

A few of my aunts who are nurses and care givers, my mom who is front line in the states in a seniors residence, my uncle, cousins who are nurses , doctors and teachers keep this virus and this road of continued virus experiences relevant and present.  

We've travelled before to places with lots of family and have never had the majority of our group taken out by illness and fever all within two days before.

This realization is a hard stat that is going to travel in my feelings for a long while. 

gogo