Paladin Auras

Hello,

I have tried out the paladin class and I think you had some great ideas. The blessed hammer skill is my favorite so far. I love the aura too and it really reminds me of my old paladin when I used to play d2 so long ago. The auras work pretty good they way you set them up. I do not like the visual effects though. Maintaining 3 auras is way too much visual effects going on at once on the screen. Now please don`t take it the wrong way because I`m a mod creator as well and I know what it`s like to deal with people who don`t like certain aspects of your mod. I`m not asking you to change it but if you  could please tell me what to do to change it, I would be grateful. I was thinking of using the effect of the target ring on the ground around the player so it is more in line with the old school  aura visuals of d2. so when I have an aura on it just shows a target ring around the player instead of all the effects floating around her. Any help would be appreciated. I`m liking the mod so far. 

5 hours ago, Hammerhorde said:

but if you  could please tell me what to do to change it

What you will need to do is turn off permanent buff VFX in the game options menu.

5 hours ago, Hammerhorde said:

I was thinking of using the effect of the target ring on the ground around the player so it is more in line with the old school  aura visuals of d2.

If you can show me an example of a buff that does not look like the original D2 aura I would be glad to change it to something more authentic.

IMO the problem isn't the VFX, it's that in D2 there used to be only one aura FX allowed at a time, whereas they can all exist simultaneously in Sacred 2.

Using the in-game option to toggle them off will be the most elegant solution.

Thanks for the vfx buff check in the options menu. All these years I never even noticed that. Problem solved haha. The effect I was thinking of though if the little circle a mob gets when it`s attacking and you have it targeted. Its yellow and reminds me a lot of the thorns aura the paladin had in d2. I thought that a small aura around your feet would look a little better then all those effects going on at once.  Now that I can just disable it in options is good enough for me thanks.