Volume parameter for enemy screams

No way to disable it separately, group 14 is dialog volume and it works but disables all other voices too. :( Only way to disable those screams is to delete *_death*.ogg files from "Game folder/locale/*your locale*/speech**.zip" and from "Game folder/Pak/sound*.zip" archives.

Great topic...I just really like the title... on first read this morning thought it was someone posting about a horror movie :lol: 

Thanks Flix for the great info (Three days before my birthday! :lol: ) and Welcome to the forums Caeter...

may your Sacred gaming dreams come true!

:wizard:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
12 hours ago, Caeter said:

No way to disable it separately, group 14 is dialog volume and it works but disables all other voices too. :( Only way to disable those screams is to delete *_death*.ogg files from "Game folder/locale/*your locale*/speech**.zip" and from "Game folder/Pak/sound*.zip" archives.

I've re-read your request, and now I'm pretty sure you're talking about the words that enemies speak on death, not the screams themselves.

One thing you could do is edit soundprofile.txt in the game's client folder.

Every death scream is scripted with a line like the below:

event163 = { event = "DEATH_SCREAM", resource = 200054 };

You do a find/replace and turn every instance of "DEATH_SCREAM" so it says resource = 0.  There's probably a quick way to write the requisite find/replace using regular expression in Notepad++ but I don't know it offhand.

• Appreciation 1
15 hours ago, Flix said:

I've re-read your request, and now I'm pretty sure you're talking about the words that enemies speak on death, not the screams themselves.

One thing you could do is edit soundprofile.txt in the game's client folder. 

Every death scream is scripted with a line like the below: 

event163 = { event = "DEATH_SCREAM", resource = 200054 }; 

You do a find/replace and turn every instance of "DEATH_SCREAM" so it says resource = 0.  There's probably a quick way to write the requisite find/replace using regular expression in Notepad++ but I don't know it offhand.

Nope, about screams, not words, with group 14 set to 0, screams get silent too.

And YES, regex replace worked like a charm, enemies still saying thing occasionally, but at least no more screams. Thank you!

In Regular Expression mode:

Find:
event = "DEATH_SCREAM", resource = [0-9]+
Replace with:
event = "DEATH_SCREAM", resource = 0