Happy Easter Friends - and Happy Siblings day! ... pix!!

Hey guys

HappyEaster and Happy Siblings day if you celebrate!

RizFALpPTGibHNpLeoXBnM7O5uTX5kzDMTYyM8o0

I'm seeing all across FaceBook and Instagram pix of everyone sharing pix of their siblings.. Just did some digging up and my mom just shared this of me and my brother growing up in England when were kids.  I was born in Sri Lanka, this is my brother Giles.

Hoping some others here, all you friends over the last fifteen years maybe share these feelings, want to post and .. if you got pix.. post if you got 'em..

Happy Easter folks. ...

:heart:

gogo

Never heard of a siblings day before.

Easter sunday was a bit weird. My brother and his wife were on visit and we met in open landscape (anthills and eggs). We did a walk and kept distance. The really sad thing was that his kids, who lived with us for weeks now, walked with us and had to keep distance to their parents.

I talked with my brother about sibling pictures... We have none with all four of us before we were adults :(

Our youngest sister is several years younger and when she was born my oldest sister (professional photographer now) did already all the photos.

---

Thanks for the idea of the sibling day. We had some fun browsing old photos. Wished we had more.

I found an old photo of me with a cat when I was half a year old. Seems I got my avatar at a real young age. Then a picture of me and my brother with lot of cats, one with my grandgrandma and my older sister, brother and some cousins, ...Then a picture short before I had a virus disease, slowing the growth of my legs and turning me into a monkey, Kids couldn't believe that their dad once was long legged and a long distance runner.

Will try to post pictures.

• Appreciation 1

you put as much sentiment as anyone has showing pics.  Love the history of you with your family, and thank you for making this effort...those pix are just adorable

Great share for all of us!

:gogo:

gogo

The cat on the picture with me as a baby was a multicoloured cat. White chin, orange, black and brown fur, a so called Glückskatze, a cat which brings luck. She lived for more than 23 years at my grandma's place. Schildplatt-Tabby = Tortoiseshell cat. Caused by an extra x-gene it are nearly allways unfertile females. Grandma's cat was double lucky, had a nice lady and got some kiddens.

Grandma said I was choosen by the cat. Hope so. Knock on wood.

My beard is tricolur too. Now visible again because haircutters are a no go currently. So my curly hair is longer as normal and I started to wear a black leather hat in public. Thought a beard would fit to the long hair ;)

Cat looked much like this from wiki in colour:

320px-Circle_cat_is_circular.jpeg

Wow. Great pics Chattius... I am sure that is the first time we have seen pictures with you in them...

• Like! 1
39 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Wow. Great pics Chattius... I am sure that is the first time we have seen pictures with you in them...

That is mainly because I never had a smartphone with a good camera for Selfies. I am forced to use a lone worker multiband phone which makes noise if I am not moving, makes noise if my back turns more than 45 degree, makes noise if the temperature leaves limits, ... if I am not pressing the warning away in 30 seconds it sends an alert to a guarding company which tries to call back. At no reaction they informs medics, firefighters, police, army, airforce, Starship Enterprise, and perhaps the german chancellor that I need help ;)

The skills of our second are close to my older sister as a photographer. But she uses mainly the cameras I got from my grandpa, dad or bought myself: Leica M5 with a 1.4/35mm (advantage of being born in the town which build them), Rolleiflex double-eye 6*6cm or my Mamiya with 6*7cm. All analog ones.

My wife has a Canon Rebel digital, but her preferred target are the kids.

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, chattius said:

My wife has a Canon Rebel digital, but her preferred target are the kids.

:lol:

gogo

p.s. Chattius, that baby pic of you in the pram is adorable!  ... Cat Whisperer!! :wink:

Hm, never heard of Siblings Day. 

Though we are 1st cousins, we were raised together by our grandparents as brother and sister.  Easter pics of us from years past:

AMaZBXA.jpgjlaroMu.jpg

• Respect! 1

@flix ... so well dressed! like the Von Trapp children :D

These are beautiful pix of your family! Thanks for the awesome share... really love how you were brought up with true Easter eggs in a basket.  I love festive days, its a great place to get to when you're a family, and something immensely satisfying to reminisce upon and  remember years later... thanks to  everyone sharing here!

:)

gogo

• Haha 1

Since it is siblings and easter thread: This picture was from my sister and labeled: Ostereiertransporter.

So it must have been on Easter with my little brother searching easter eggs and transporting them with the truck.

This year:

We had young quails at friday before Easter and the full automatic lawn-mowers were reproducing a bit too late, first geese fledglings today. Still following tradition and trying to have fledglings at Easter. 'Normally' our place is full of kids doing easter walks with their parents.

Hinkelchen.JPG

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

Since it is siblings and easter thread: This picture was from my sister and labeled: Ostereiertransporter.

So it must have been on Easter with my little brother searching easter eggs and transporting them with the truck.

This year:

We had young quails at friday before Easter and the full automatic lawn-mowers were reproducing a bit too late, first geese fledglings today. Still following tradition and trying to have fledglings at Easter. 'Normally' our place is full of kids doing easter walks with their parents.

Hinkelchen.JPG

The chickens in the background add so much character to this shot.  I love details like this ... your rurality is showing Chattius!

:D

gogo

On 4/14/2020 at 5:41 PM, Flix said:

Hm, never heard of Siblings Day. 

Though we are 1st cousins, we were raised together by our grandparents as brother and sister.  Easter pics of us from years past:

AMaZBXA.jpgjlaroMu.jpg

You are quite lucky with a full basket of eggs.

I remember an Easter walk when I was 4 on a winding forest road uphill where we found an egg every 20 metres and gave it to our parents. After 2 hours walking our whole share was 12 eggs. I said we found 84!!!! Where is the rest? My dad and my uncle said: Sorry we were hungry.

And my mom said: I told you he is good in numbers.

My older cousine blushed because she was hiding the same 12 eggs over and over while she was searching with us. Told me a year later.

But I have to admit searching was the most fun, wonder if I would have eaten all the eggs in two weeks ;)

---

I was sorting mainly pictures with my brother because his kids are currently with us and they hadn#t seen the pictures before.

Today politicians decided to close schools for two more weeks, till 3rd of may.