Sacred Gold CD Version will not start win10

I have the CD version of Sacred Gold.  I recently had to upgrade to a win 10 64bit computer.  I installed the game and it will not start.  Cannot install patch because game will not start and let me upgrade to Sacred Underworld.

I have tried all the compatibility modes.  I have clicked and unclicked all the setting in the Config program .  It will not start.   I am running it as administrator. 

Hi Adventus. If you really have Sacred Gold (and not Sacred plus), the only patch you need is this one I think, give it a try, I find it strange that it can't install even if your game doesn't start. Also, I invite you to refer to the Sacred Gold manual that you can find on the CD or in the game directory and see the troubleshooting section (for example, a suggestion is to install the file wmfdist.exe found in the game directory and retry to run the game with/without some options)

Another, not very satisfying solution, is to wait, for exemple on GOG, a discount period where the game is "only" around 1$ (I konw it sucks to have to repay for a game we already own but maybe it will fix your problem. Also, it's not sure at all.) https://www.gog.com/game/sacred_gold

Other than that I don't really see where your problem may rely. I too have Sacred Gold on CD (french version) and I can confirm it works on Win10 64bits.

Good luck.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Adventus said:

due Sacred Underworld not being installed.

If you really have Sacred Gold, I don't see why Underworld is not being installed as it is an entire installation. Do you have it on a separate cd/dvd? For example, my Sacred Gold is a dvd and it installs all in a row (as far as I remember). So no soucy to install Underworld. I don't see where the problem is, sorry. I think you don't have Sacred Gold but Sacred Plus which doesn't come with Underworld, else it would install fine and you could be able to patch it. That's the only thing I see, sorry.

• Thanks! 1