Sorry I haven't been around much lately ...

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately but I had a stroke 10 June 2019.

I was in two different rehab centers with another short, week-long hospital stay near the beginning. I have now been discharged (about 20 Sept 2019), went through in-home therapy after that as well as outpatient therapy at turned out to be one of the best places to be. Funnily enough, my last outpatient therapy ended just before the big Covid-19 scare really took off.

I still do not have full use of my right (primary) hand, but I am ... hopeful. My posts may be few from here on out because of being forced to use the "Columbus Method" of typing with my left hand. I will try to visit at least once a week or so, especially since we got a stairlift going down to my dungeon.

I hope everyone here and those closest to them continues to be well.

Peace and long life.

Best wishes Spock. It's definitely a scary experience I know. I'm still trying to do my expercises which isn't easy at the moment. It's hard to do a brisk 30 minute walk every day when we are in lockdown and I'm not supposed to leave our small 5 room bungalow, lol

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Appreciation 1
20 hours ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Spock my thoughts are with you! Any big medical issue can be super scary and I have spent way, way too much time in hospitals holding the hands of loved ones going through various traumas. Just remember to be patient but persistent as it can take what seems like a very long time to get back to 'normal'. But I truly wish you make it there soon!

Thank you. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Since you are here, how do you feel about Dark Matters becoming the host for your old website? I know you have given permission for the transfer previously, but an explicit approval now might help speed things up a bit. If I had not recovered your sight might have been harder to recover. I have a feeling that Dark Matters will be around longer than my site. I will host your site as long as possible but there is no one else to take over my site if it goes down. Perhaps a 'mirror' site arrangement would be even better for your fans. Please let me know soon.

Good to hear from you  again. I am not around much myself and have just spotted this. Hang in there friend. If Podgie can keep going ......

• Thanks! 1
On 4/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, Spock said:

Since you are here, how do you feel about Dark Matters becoming the host for your old website?

Yes  I am totally fine with them taking over the hosting. While I know some of them might not be able to help themselves when it comes to making coding improvements (which it sure as heck could really use) I fully trust the team here to keep the integrity of my site alive :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Yes  I am totally fine with them taking over the hosting. While I know some of them might not be able to help themselves when it comes to making coding improvements (which it sure as heck could really use) I fully trust the team here to keep the integrity of my site alive :thumbsup:

Then I guess it's up to gogo to move this further. I also trust the DM crew to preserve your intentions. Personally, I think it would be advantageous to have 'mirror' sites. I would remove all trace of external links so your site copy would no longer be directly accessible from my web site but the underlying code would still be there to preserve any external links as long as possible.

If I simply deleted  your site from my web site none of the existing links would work. That will eventually happen when I am no longer able to maintain my web site but hopefully by then DM will become the preferred site.

1 hour ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Hello Night Wolfe!

I am on it to replace some textures for S1 currently and I turned a (single) red button blue already. At this very moment the journal is on my to do list and I would like to ask you for permission to snatch some character screenshots from your site. Simply because I am too lazy to collect all possible sets for all heros. Let me know what you think.

Btw, your website has already been achieved by Wayback Machine.

2 hours ago, Dax said:

Hello Night Wolfe!

I am on it to replace some textures for S1 currently and I turned a (single) red button blue already. At this very moment the journal is on my to do list and I would like to ask you for permission to snatch some character screenshots from your site. Simply because I am too lazy to collect all possible sets for all heros. Let me know what you think.

Btw, your website has already been achieved by Wayback Machine.

LOL, way to make me feel extra old! :4rofl:

Sure you can use some character images... what exactly are you doing with them out of curiosity? Does this have something to do with the forum skin or what?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Oh that is really cool Dax! Take whatever images you need to make it easier :bow:

Ah, too much praise. I am a mere scratcher, not a Leonardo. Well, thx for the permission, I will surely find something useful on you site. The journal, I need the pics for, isnt my favorite project to be honest. I am constantly looking for excuses not to work on it. But one day I will:wink:

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Goodness Spock :O I'm so glad to hear you're doing ok, I hope you're continuing to recover well. I've had my own health scares over the last few years, perhaps that's what brought me back here? Those things you miss in your worst moments are what are worth it and you guys definitely count as worth it :)

• Appreciation 1
On 5/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

Oh that is really cool Dax! Take whatever images you need to make it easier :bow:

On 4/27/2020 at 3:35 AM, Dax said:

Hello Night.Wolfe!

Thanks! I will take a look.

Ahm, no. It has nothing to do with the forum, I am working on a GUI reskin for S1, which has grown quite large over the last months. As I said, I am busy with the logbook currently, and that is why I could use some more screenshots. The whole thing can be found here

On 5/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, ~Night.Wolfe~ said:

:hugs: @ Lisa and Dax...

Cool how Lisa's work is travelling into the future with Dax's work .. Sacred for the next century!

:superman:

gogo

On 4/15/2020 at 6:58 PM, Spock said:

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately but I had a stroke 10 June 2019.

I was in two different rehab centers with another short, week-long hospital stay near the beginning. I have now been discharged (about 20 Sept 2019), went through in-home therapy after that as well as outpatient therapy at turned out to be one of the best places to be. Funnily enough, my last outpatient therapy ended just before the big Covid-19 scare really took off.

I still do not have full use of my right (primary) hand, but I am ... hopeful. My posts may be few from here on out because of being forced to use the "Columbus Method" of typing with my left hand. I will try to visit at least once a week or so, especially since we got a stairlift going down to my dungeon.

I hope everyone here and those closest to them continues to be well.

Peace and long life.

Sending you power vibes Spock and hope you're feeling better... that stairlift sounds amazing...I've actually been seeing ads for them across the net in the last few months...I think they've really taken off.. pricing makes them more accessible?

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

:hugs: @ Lisa and Dax...

Cool how Lisa's work is travelling into the future with Dax's work .. Sacred for the next century!

:superman:

gogo

Pevil will get her share too. I am glad that both, pevil and ~Night.Wolfe~ gave me permission to use some of their screenshots. It all went very quick. That was pleasant. Good community here.

• Like! 1