Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

We started watching the second released big-studio release PInnochio film last night.. we were only able to put up with the big disney version for a wee while before its over producedness finally wore us down.

But this Guillermo Pinnochio was, is different

more harsh, loved and filled with those sad moments of children growing up and away from their parents, there's a lof of bitter sweet and nostalgia in carlo's epic novel, and this song does a great job of capturing so much.  Yes, bears repeated viewings

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Discovered a new band yesterday with an... interesting... aesthetic and sound: Ghost
I listened to their "This is Ghost" playlist on Spotify at work today. Pretty good.

Its a ez listening song, pleasant with toe-tapping beat, and some great lyrics (it was showing in the video.. NOICE :D..i can see why you'd have it going at work ...ear buds right?

:D

gogo

Just putting the play list for x-mas at firefighters together. Found this very interesting version of Silent Night as a gregorian chant. My wife is on emergency readiness, so I decided to do the same at firefighters, Oldest is at family of her husbandm second has readiness at hospital too, third is at her boyfriend and the twins are with me at firefighters with kids from other firefighters.

• Like! 1
On 12/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, chattius said:

Just putting the play list for x-mas at firefighters together. Found this very interesting version of Silent Night as a gregorian chant. My wife is on emergency readiness, so I decided to do the same at firefighters, Oldest is at family of her husbandm second has readiness at hospital too, third is at her boyfriend and the twins are with me at firefighters with kids from other firefighters.

I like Gregorian Chant..I think our choirmaster when I was a kid said that a particular song we were singing was gregorian chant...because of you chattius you put that vibe in my head.. heres a great one we used to sing.. i just researched the songs originas.. from sweden.. a woman composed a poem after being overwhelmed by the richness of the birds colors, and the sweet smells of summer... she went home and was overcome with gratefulness and hence, here her song

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sirius said:

Been on a A-ha binge lately. Their early work is a treat to anyone who enjoys some good old synth pop:

LOVE THEM!!
theyre one of my favorite groups.. his vocals, and the melodies are beautiful

:)

gogo

Bit late to drop in with a crhistmas tune but chattius' post made me think of an awesome version of the classic Silent Night that popped up on my Youtube subscriptions:

And I've got quite a few drum'n'bass labels in my feeds, either on Youtube or Spotify. Big fan of liquid dnb with good female vocals. Some of my faves from my deep dive into the archives:

23 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Bit late to drop in with a crhistmas tune but chattius' post made me think of an awesome version of the classic Silent Night that popped up on my Youtube subscriptions:

And I've got quite a few drum'n'bass labels in my feeds, either on Youtube or Spotify. Big fan of liquid dnb with good female vocals. Some of my faves from my deep dive into the archives:

lol, Timo..that silent night remake is pretty good ( I took music for piano for a few years, I appreciate how they hit great with the change to minor key... they pulled it off) ... and would suffice as the score for a horror movie.. camera slowly panning through a house, slowly ascending the steps..

yeeks

:lol:

gogo

Alan Goodman

Durmiendo

We were so stressed out last night getting the place ready for fam vacay starting today... and from african relaxation we went to spanish relaxation..

et voila!

• Like! 1

I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition for weeks (180 hours to finish a single playthrough) and one I thing I noticed was their approach to music was a bit different than usual games.

In game, there's not much music, except at key story moments, like cutscenes, boss battles, romances...

...and taverns.

They installed a "bard" in the major taverns and inns in the game.  She follows the Inquisition around and is always there to perform new songs as the plot advances.  So instead of the usual plinky tavern music and ambient chatter you hear in most fantasy games, you get full fledged songs. Because music is so rare when just exploring the vast wilderness, coming into a tavern to hear Maryden's music feels so warm and cozy.

It reminded me a bit of all the bards installed in towns throughout Sacred 2.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:48 PM, Timotheus said:

The only term that comes to mind is quaint :) I am so expecting some epic guitars with the male vocals.

Diving into some movie and game inspired Youtube today, got stuck on this beautiful rendition of one of gaming's classics (which I haven't played LOL) :

this is a forever melody...what a fabulous remake, what a voice!!

Just got back from vacay and loving all these reads in our forum... perfect for drinking coffee too :heart: 

:bounce:

gogo

• 3 months later...

Feuerschwanz (fire tail) is a german medieval band. Normally doing funny medieval songs in German, like 'Untot im Drachenboot / undead in a dragon boat". But they did also a great cover of ManOWar's 'Warriors Of The  World United'.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

1933 the firefighting laws where changed here. The result was that many volunteer firefighters were founded in this year and celebrate their 90th anniversary in 2023. The neighbour village one is doing it today so our one is in readiness. Turned on the TV and there was something about good heavy metal bands. Hansi from Blind Guardian was one of the moderators and they played 'The Bard Song'. Named because one of the members was a big fan of the Bard's Tale computer game.

Was chosing the live version at Wacken. Wacken is a small village with a band of firefighters. From year to year they did bigger concerts and today Wacken is the biggest heavy metal festival at least in Germany, perhaps the world. The firefighter band is still performing befoer the international stars. Playing brass music and the audience is with them. Was at Wacken 4 times, great-

• Appreciation 1
On 7/15/2023 at 4:44 PM, chattius said:

1933 the firefighting laws where changed here. The result was that many volunteer firefighters were founded in this year and celebrate their 90th anniversary in 2023. The neighbour village one is doing it today so our one is in readiness. Turned on the TV and there was something about good heavy metal bands. Hansi from Blind Guardian was one of the moderators and they played 'The Bard Song'. Named because one of the members was a big fan of the Bard's Tale computer game.

Was chosing the live version at Wacken. Wacken is a small village with a band of firefighters. From year to year they did bigger concerts and today Wacken is the biggest heavy metal festival at least in Germany, perhaps the world. The firefighter band is still performing befoer the international stars. Playing brass music and the audience is with them. Was at Wacken 4 times, great-

Very exciting to see Blind Guardian still in action... and with retro video games no less! I'd critique their taste a bit * cough Sacred 2 :P  * however I applaud their appearance and energy for the show... lucky you Chattius!

:dance:

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mom has birthday and my older sister is on visit in Germany. She always said that at her first life concert with Foreigner, Saga and Meatloaf Meatloaf did a strange stage show. The zipper of his trousers got damaged and one of the female singer and himself were trying to fix it with silk scarfs. She also said he nearly collapsed and needed oxygen, being drunk or a collapse never was told.

The official international TV coverage I knew was censored and showing the band while the scarf affair, the german one had it.

• Haha 1
On 2/7/2024 at 8:01 AM, chattius said:

Mom has birthday and my older sister is on visit in Germany. She always said that at her first life concert with Foreigner, Saga and Meatloaf Meatloaf did a strange stage show. The zipper of his trousers got damaged and one of the female singer and himself were trying to fix it with silk scarfs. She also said he nearly collapsed and needed oxygen, being drunk or a collapse never was told.

The official international TV coverage I knew was censored and showing the band while the scarf affair, the german one had it.

lol....and that IS a strange stage show... i can see the calamitous moment with lots of screaming and scarves... madness and a priceless moment 

:thumbsup:

ggo

• 3 weeks later...

We have firefighter open day tomorrow and I was phoning the baker for some hundreds breadrolls. I was put on hold and guess what was played in an endless loop: