Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

I have and always will love solo acoustic guitar music. There's something about the simplicity of a man (or woman) making music with just his guitar. No studio effects, no auto-tuning and endless multi-tracking with all the fake synthetic sounds of recording programs. Just clean pure music that still paints a full robust picture with just one instrument.

These three guys are painting very different pictures but I love them all for this same reason.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When I was at army I was at a naval air force base in northern germany. We were just two from our home state in the whole platoon. But we were unbeatable in beach volleyball and this was our battle song. It was a little bit like the unofficial hessian national hymn. It just came on the radio ;)

Ah that were the times when I was young...

I like our slang. Sometimes it is very short and energy saving :

Hä? - would translate as

Excuse me Sir, could you please be so kind to repeat your statement. I couldn't hear you well.

Prud! -would translate as

Excuse me, could you please be so kind to hand me a butter bread with sausage.

But it has a drawback:

Prudonewoscht (bread without sausage)- would translate as

Bread

;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

#Gilberticus

Visiting a live concert of Gregorian in an old castle or castle ruins is way better than the videos. And this comes from a person who was forced to sing Carmina Burana with the school chorus ... ;)

Gregorian uses to invite singers for some projects.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Played this during my omelette making moment this morning

slowly getting used to hearing electro voices in songs...but do like the tunesome melody

:)

gogo

I'm glad you liked :) Gabry Ponte, for me, it's the best DJ we have in Italy :)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

This movie...was it not one of the best things made in the last decade? I hate to jump on bandwagons but Nolan never ceases to floor me with his movies.

I like that composer Hans Zimmer also tried to do something totally different from the Batman/Inception type stuff he'd been doing alll this time. This music just crushes me.

• Like! 1

I remember this theme as being an oustanding, almost overwhelming deafening smash in the theatre I saw it in. Glorious 3d and earth shattering sound.

Great morning choice for me to click on here Flix

gogo

p.s On side note, I'm kind of a fan of scores, and had noticed that there is a recurring string theme...one that pulsates, waxes, does a mini-wane, then full out flare...I believe I first heard it in Angels and Demons, just could not get enough of playing it incessantly...the part where the chopper is flying up into the air with the god bomb and the ensuing few minutes is nothing short of apocalyptic... one of my most beloved scenes... especally with the heart crushing development that ensues. That string theme was picked up next in the latest super man Superman versus the World Engine AND again, ...believe it or not...in the current Apple Trailers for Apple Watch!

I have to vids here with this string theme... first one from Angels and Demons, second form Apple Watch... I'm not hearing things am I? :crazy: Amazing how he used that string strategy to just pulse out a dramatic explosion on and on ...

Angels and Demons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_XbMRRtEJ8

Superman versus the World Engine

Apple Watch

http://www.apple.com/watch/films/?cid=wwa-ca-kwg-watch-com

gogo

• Like! 1

I remember this theme as being an oustanding, almost overwhelming deafening smash in the theatre I saw it in. Glorious 3d and earth shattering sound.

Great morning choice for me to click on here Flix

gogo

p.s On side note, I'm kind of a fan of scores, and had noticed that there is a recurring string theme...one that pulsates, waxes, does a mini-wane, then full out flare...I believe I first heard it in Angels and Demons, just could not get enough of playing it incessantly...the part where the chopper is flying up into the air with the god bomb and the ensuing few minutes is nothing short of apocalyptic... one of my most beloved scenes... especally with the heart crushing development that ensues. That string theme was picked up next in the latest super man Superman versus the World Engine AND again, ...believe it or not...in the current Apple Trailers for Apple Watch!

I have to vids here with this string theme... first one from Angels and Demons, second form Apple Watch... I'm not hearing things am I? :crazy: Amazing how he used that string strategy to just pulse out a dramatic explosion on and on ...

Angels and Demons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_XbMRRtEJ8

Superman versus the World Engine

Apple Watch

http://www.apple.com/watch/films/?cid=wwa-ca-kwg-watch-com

gogo

ha

forgot to mention that it's Hans Zimmer who did those themes from Angels and Demons and Superman Man of steel^^

Knuckles...that's my new favorite country bar music ever!

:bounce:

gogo

ha

used to love the original, as well

Guess Ill have it run during this breakfast

gogo

Ya know, when I first saw the song title, this was NOT the first thing to cross my mind.

In fact, it was the Scorpions's song by the same title..

• Like! 1

This post is to the memory of Kirill Pokrovsky, the composer for the Divinity series of games made by Larian Studios. He passed away yesterday.

Kirill made amazing music that always struck a chord in my heart. I knew the soundtrack to Divine Divinity was really something special right away. He made many of the tracks from the Divinity games available for free on his website. Listening to them has filled many peaceful and happy hours of my life in the last 12 years.

You can find many of Kirill's tunes included as part of my Sacred 2 Music Mod. It brings a new flavor and soul to Ancaria, particuarly the region of the High Elves and many other places.

R.I.P. Kirill. Thanks for all the tunes.

• Like! 1