DarkMatters - Member Family Friends Picture Thread

Guest gogoblender

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another afternoon of seeing ammamma yseterday aft.  Sometimes i walk in with expectations of a story book visit...and sometimes, she wont even respond hardly, will get up for a few minutes and then say she wants to go back to bed... awwww :heart:

I left her precious chips, and will go back another day to see her smile!

:)

IMG_2646.jpg

:hugs:

gogo

• 1 month later...

We got a blizzard here in MOntreal... good ole style... and just the thing to trudge through and up hill to Wake up Ammamma for Breakfast...

Nothing but the best MickeyD's for her! :rofl:

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My pal Marielle runs a Haitian mommy blog  http://www.ladymarielle.com and she got an invite to the grand opening of a new store here in Montreal, Giant Tiger :viking:

Went down with Schot and scooped up some free avocado and cheese spread on melba toast and a bag of jujubes gratis :thumbsup: 

Here's us living it up at the Mall. 

Oh the joys of city living 

IMG_4828.jpg

gogo

My Auntie Shanthi asked me over for some dinner last night.  She's 76, wildly industrious and has a talent for putting together my favorite plates.  As my godmommy shes epic :hugs: ... She made me Op puma (not sure what that is in english) , honey garlic chicken ( i usually dont like anything with bones in it but she made this so well, the meat was falling off with the touch of a fork :drool: ) , daintily cut salad, a delicious home-made shrimp condiment-style pickle and ... meat rollls...sri lanka style! Bless her big heart

image.png

image.png

Happy Easter, love and blessings to all of our family and great friends of this beautiful community over the many years and many Lands … yes, even those in Ancaria! 🥳🥳🥰

4583C4D0-928A-4696-9B78-D17D6747AFA0.jpeg

AE2F558E-6A1B-447F-8E95-4F8D5FF38C95.jpeg

8BA29C46-C4FE-4E59-BCED-5F68F07F9F62.jpeg

8FFA2110-3B7B-4E53-948A-6C1FDAC14F8E.jpeg

69A8FD0C-C8B4-452B-B80D-040F58CE393D.jpeg

3F27D2D3-58AE-45A6-9B58-DC7992879770.jpeg

97D8D982-4C0A-4A5A-8915-E86D5F1A8284.jpeg

C648CB71-67FC-4A13-91FC-3F1AD1C0CB47.jpeg

C6AB35E6-DCCE-4B6E-8A21-54AE7D4BA3EF.jpeg

5DEB81B0-D554-4B01-A811-AAAEE1678B5F.jpeg

3C8CDBDB-C05C-464D-BF96-913D692A22B5.jpeg

90054749-CE5A-49BF-9A9E-AEE3D7217BDD.jpeg

Sri Lanka New year last night  with Ammamma's new companion-care taker, Ahi.

Had a chance to visit them last night after work. Ahi had cooked a beautiful meal to celebrate the Sri Lanka New Year with curried chicken and Pongal, freshly made and delicious 😋😍👩‍🍳🥰.. These are the  Golden days for Ammamma 💪🙏
027792b9-d77e-4b07-ad0b-e577b945d397.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Check out these freaky spectacles... had to put them on for fifteen minutes to see if my *dominant* eye could be made less dominant :lol: ... hopefully if the results are good, its Cya Later Eye Glasses...Hallooooo Laser forevah!... so we hope 
:D

98D7C56A-F1AE-4C92-B3C7-FEB4BEEE3D53-COLLAGE Copy.jpg

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Any update, Rommel?

I just underwent some procedures to my eyes and now view my computer screen twenty/twenty unaided. I don't need glasses to drive. Yet, for the ultimate vision while on the road, I wear glasses with tinted lenses and polarization for picture perfect panoramic perception!:hooyaah:

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Any update, Rommel?

I just underwent some procedures to my eyes and now view my computer screen twenty/twenty unaided. I don't need glasses to drive. Yet, for the ultimate vision while on the road, I wear glasses with tinted lenses and polarization for picture perfect panoramic perception!:hooyaah:

Hi Steve!! 

im actually booked for the laser op on july 20. My mom is coming down to hang for a week, and shes gonna accompany me... supposed to be quick with the recuperation for this kind of operation, im only getting my left eye done, its for far sight, theyre gonna make it 20 20 and my right eye which is a - 2.25 well leave as is for reading up close.  

Did you get get your eye laser,d as well ? i'm so tired of wearing glasses, i can hardly wait to wear sun glasses... been so loooooong!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy moments such as these, Rommel. Do you ever ask her about her fondest memories? You can learn a lot about her and history that way!

:agreed:

On 7/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, Hooyaah said:

Enjoy moments such as these, Rommel. Do you ever ask her about her fondest memories? You can learn a lot about her and history that way!

:agreed:

Steve, shes so old now, that she kind of forgets very distant stuff...almost a century now... lol i know Betty White had it all till her last day but Ammammam, while she's still wiley, always gets a joke, still has great timing on humor will, during the course of one visit, keep asking me hows my mom or  "wow, i did not expect you" ...  her present memory is a little hazy :(
its unfortunate cuz she comes from so much cannon in our family...she practically created it.  She's a first class pastry chef, artist, musician, had six children, all still alive, the youngest is 62 ... I keep telling my family that Ammamma has given us the greatest gift ...long life! 

:D

gogo

Mom has come down to spend a few days with Ammamma to take her out to the garden during these warm, summer days. Our beautiful Ammamma in the fresh air and and golden light. Breathing and smiling with our family, sharing our stories.

She is our blessing.

IMG_6902-COLLAGE.jpg

Sooooo. The house upgrades are almost finished...

The most recent thing was the 390 bottle wine rack that has been installed and stuck to the wall with 10 bolts.

1747999751_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14Wineracksideview.thumb.jpg.2687149e40052fa6df9aa090c3f4e78e.jpg

20266728_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14winerack.thumb.jpg.9b6fb418991d09791bca0a97eb93c9a1.jpg

Sweet wines right on top, about 80 bottles.

Red wines all the way down from there. I went with wine farms together...

Premium Wine rack.

1249995736_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14premiumwinerack.thumb.jpg.c1416424f6ef2e721a36fbf2270ffbea.jpg

I need a special occasion to open one of these,

Everyday Open And Drink rack

1124956576_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14openanddrinkwinerack.thumb.jpg.b37a550c4d7ab73d3efc977b711478ff.jpg

I don't need any reason or excuse to open any of these ones.

All of these are red wines.

There are a few white wines in the fridge, and the rest are still in boxes, either in the cupboard or the study...

In total, we have about 1200 - 1300 bottles. I need to finish the stock take and insert it all into Excel.

Hope you are all doing well.

• Respect! 1

Is it fine to keep them like that? I have a friend whose father is into wine, they have a refrigerated wine room. Made me wonder in what case that would be necessary,  especially since you're in SA right Delta?

On 7/27/2023 at 2:11 PM, Delta! said:

Sooooo. The house upgrades are almost finished...

The most recent thing was the 390 bottle wine rack that has been installed and stuck to the wall with 10 bolts.

1747999751_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14Wineracksideview.thumb.jpg.2687149e40052fa6df9aa090c3f4e78e.jpg

20266728_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14winerack.thumb.jpg.9b6fb418991d09791bca0a97eb93c9a1.jpg

Sweet wines right on top, about 80 bottles.

Red wines all the way down from there. I went with wine farms together...

Premium Wine rack.

1249995736_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14premiumwinerack.thumb.jpg.c1416424f6ef2e721a36fbf2270ffbea.jpg

I need a special occasion to open one of these,

Everyday Open And Drink rack

1124956576_WhatsAppImage2023-07-14openanddrinkwinerack.thumb.jpg.b37a550c4d7ab73d3efc977b711478ff.jpg

I don't need any reason or excuse to open any of these ones.

All of these are red wines.

There are a few white wines in the fridge, and the rest are still in boxes, either in the cupboard or the study...

In total, we have about 1200 - 1300 bottles. I need to finish the stock take and insert it all into Excel.

Hope you are all doing well.

Lol.. Theuns I love that philosophy behind the *everyday open and drink rack*  :4rofl: ... what a beautiful mental AND physical construct :D  Do the bottles have to be turned or rotated every once in a while daily? Also i'm curious about Tmo's question re temperature...

Ahhh, south africa is sounding more and more inviting with such hand-held luxuries as a beautiful glass

:gogo: 

gogo

gogo

wooo new haircut! and visited Ammamam!

IMG_7133.jpg

aaaand... got to show it off in front of Ammamma...she noticed!!!

Dinner with my well-dressed, Adorable sweetheart .. night watching 3 star Michelin dining movies .. her fave 😍

C5394B37-1183-4077-98F1-FF44F0D4A20D-COLLAGE.jpg

• Appreciation 1
  • 1 month later...

Surprise shoulder therapy...YIKES

lol I had no idea about this SCHTUFF!

All that happened was that my shoulder was in such pain last two months. I cannot do pull-ups on my hanging  bar anymore and so my body was getting soft without any sort of resistance exercises...aieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. :cry: 
After some some reflection and speaking to my brother , realized had to go to the heart of the problem and this lady was a surprise.

15 minutes into my massage. She says some sort of mutterings. I have no idea what she said or understood… 15 minutes later I heard the suctioning of of cups, the pumping and the tension… She applied the cup, and then started working my hand around the pain like a winch she was an expert.
I wake up this morning, looking like someone beat the crap out of me however, for the first time in two months, I can lift my arm above my shoulder… What a gift

1c9b3904-6896-4f59-92aa-2d2571264caf.jpgSuprise 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, Timotheus said:

Is it fine to keep them like that? I have a friend whose father is into wine, they have a refrigerated wine room. Made me wonder in what case that would be necessary,  especially since you're in SA right Delta?

Hi there everyone. Sorry for being a bit lost... opening a new restaurant/outlet and being the head chef is actually a bit more stressful than I thought...

I only had my first fellow chef join me yesterday, and although she is not untrained, the things that she has previously done is now where near what they want me to do. and I have just more than 2 weeks to train her. but she seems to learn fast and be intuitive. I have another staff member joining on the 11th, and then we are looking for another 1 maybe 2 chefs... and they don't want me to take anyone from one of the previous places that I have worked at before, they think it will create "Clicks" and that we will then start stealing... most ridiculous thing I have ever heard... other than that, I enjoy working there.

To answer your question about the wine Timo. I have a normal Fridge that I store some of the white wines in, I try to keep a variety in there, since I only have space for about 20 bottles in there. The rest of the whites are currently kept in boxes in a cupboard.

The red wines are on the wine racks, about 605 bottles and the extra is kept in boxes in the study cupboard and where there is space... they are fine at the temperature that they are kept. Winter especially is about 18°C inside. During summer we might put a few bottles of red wine in the fridge as well... but the flat does not really get that hot.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:20 PM, gogoblender said:

Lol.. Theuns I love that philosophy behind the *everyday open and drink rack*  :4rofl: ... what a beautiful mental AND physical construct :D  Do the bottles have to be turned or rotated every once in a while daily? Also I'm curious about Tmo's question re temperature...

Ahhh, south africa is sounding more and more inviting with such hand-held luxuries as a beautiful glass

:gogo: 

gogo

gogo

I only named it the open and drink wine rack, because we mostly open bottles from that wine rack...

I don't have to turn or rotate the bottles, the bottles with corks are lying on their sides to keep the corks moist, and the screw tops can stand up straight...

If you ever DO get the chance to visit South Africa, do it, it will be cheap for you with the exchange rates so in your favour...

I might even be able to offer accommodation for 2 people, and a tour or two...

• Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to DarkMatters - Member Family Friends Picture Thread