DarkMatters - Member Picture Thread

Guest gogoblender

9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Bravo on the pic posting! Always a gift to put face to the post... looks like a grand time before Covid? Waiting for those good days to come back!

:)

gogo

Yup it was on a Hard Techno fest in Barcelona in 2018. Those were another 2 DJ's, the one in the right is the one who teach me all I know about mixing and producing songs, and the one on the left is a very good friend of mine.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:23 AM, warpoyo said:

Yup it was on a Hard Techno fest in Barcelona in 2018. Those were another 2 DJ's, the one in the right is the one who teach me all I know about mixing and producing songs, and the one on the left is a very good friend of mine.

ahhhahahha.. Raves... I"ve had my share... wow.. miss it...but just thinking of staying up over night for soooooo long

:lol:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

video chatting with my mom ...she's about to finish her shift at the Seniors' Residence in Maryland and sporting a cool new haircut...not bad for a 75 year old huh?

IMG_7987.png

• 3 months later...

Just got back from seeing my Ammamma... 96 year old who loves sitting out in the shade at 85 degrees :sweat: I don't know how these oldies can handle it...but ...she never wanted to even come back in just wanted to keep eating chicken nuggets and ice cream ::lol:

tod3.jpgIMG_2779.jpgIMG_2766.jpgtod4.jpg

:dance2:

gogo

• Like! 1
4 minutes ago, Flix said:

My grandfather is the same way. Heat is nothing to him. 

6URasa5.jpg

yes!! lol they are invulnerable to heat!  I was just sweating and sweating...and ammamma was just looking and looking... was getting ready to leave but a super nice nurse spotted us and got ice cream for us... more outside sweating :4rofl: thats a great shot of you guys ben...dang u guys are fit for the summer!

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

I've taken to running, had to lower my blood sugar, weight, potential blood pressure, blah blah blah  :lol:... since April i"ve been running stats (I'm a data junkie) and am SO happy...  me, SChot and some family are using MAF to keep us running on the road, I didnt want to post much cuz I didnt know if this was gonna *stick* or not...but I love the sport and will probably run a thread and maybe I can connect to more of my DarkMatters family here... for now, I had a great run yesterday and wanted to share ! :heart:

98A63D04-BE38-4F25-9E8A-9F1FE2E0E991-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from an awesome visit with the fam in Ammamma's residence... my mom's been here this last week and devoted many hours of each day to just "hang" with her Mamma :heart: alas... the one thing that seniors need, is the one thing they lack the most.. good ole companionship...but this last week of every day visits has perked her up, given her back some awesome attitude and.. good food was had by all

(psst I'm second from the right  with my mom on my right  :D )

20210901_113258.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I remember when my grandfather got cataract surgery and we were fixing a broken refrigerator shortly afterwards... he was reading the tiny print on the label in the back of the fridge with the lights off.  I couldn't even see it.  :3lmao:

• Haha 1
On 4/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, Flix said:

I remember when my grandfather got cataract surgery and we were fixing a broken refrigerator shortly afterwards... he was reading the tiny print on the label in the back of the fridge with the lights off.  I couldn't even see it.  :3lmao:

Ahhh, your grandad got it too!! was it for both eyes or just one ? My Ammamma has two cataracts in both eyes, very dense, complicated. We had one eye done, was a lot of time from my side to keep going to hospital to keep her going and by her side, but she did it... she"s a bit scared to get the second one down, and im gonna have to find a way to get her back in there again. Why do they get such good sight after cataract, dont they take out all the *stuff* and the lense?
:)

gogo

ps just saw her last night and she was all sweet and not so crabby 😄

6B795278-3215-4F98-8FAC-36B34757877B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ammamma and I had a date last night, took her out onto the terrace. Her first time out since her eyes got surgery for the cataracts.  She can see the good blue sky

IMG_9114.jpg

my mom always complains about Ammamma"s hair being unruly... but this time while taking her down in the elevator, because of her eyesight she could *see* and started combing her own hair :lol:

IMG_9107.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, gogoblender said:

Hallooo and well met Vishanka, terrific to put a face to your posts... I see seraphim!

:dance2:

gogo

It's ironic that your hairstyle and color and that of your Seraphim avatar are not dissimilar. Thanks for sharing your happy and friendly face.

(I believe my mug is a couple of pages back.)

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

We were at a terrific party this last weekend, pool, bbq, full kit and kaboodle... my friends (awesome mommy blogger ladymarielle.com ) youngest son hit two years old and it was wonderful to meet so many we hadnt seen for so logn since Covid... its rare you're able to capture a pic with so many perfect smiles at once, but ...leave it to Schot's good camera skills... aww he didnt make the pic 

20220730_191753 Copy.jpg

:lol:

gogo

Good times, Rommel, good times!

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Good times, Rommel, good times!

Yah, Steve, the food was sooooooooooo good... it was that kind of experience you wait all long winter for ... Marielle is Haitian, and she is a great ambassador for its food...boy can she ever cook a good short rib and the best ever Haitian Pork  Griot, and fried spicy plantain.. !

28APPE-HAITIANPORK-articleLarge.jpg

:drool:

gogo

20 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

It's ironic that your hairstyle and color and that of your Seraphim avatar are not dissimilar. Thanks for sharing your happy and friendly face.

(I believe my mug is a couple of pages back.)

@Vishanka

The first thing I thought of when seeing your photo was the resonance of the models you have created for the Sacred 2 Seraphim!!

@Hooyaah It is! I just had to see again, I love connecting to the voice behind all these posts 

:thumbsup:

gogo

We got 18° here in Montreal still a little chilly in the morning because I never believe the weather lol here’s a pic of some  gear I use as I head out for a early run

IMG_0694.jpgIMG_0689.jpg

• 2 weeks later...