Microsoft Windows Vista

fRACTAL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here I am all proud of myself for giving Vista the cold shoulder right from the start... but I guess some version of Vista will be used on most home PCs... eventually ? I remember the launch of '95 - a lot of bugs initially ! '98 was a very good OS IMO and XP not bad either, it only take 10 years to get the formula right, so let's count on a stable Vista OS in 2017 :)

I like the Apple vs. PC adds from MacIntosh. At the moment, Vista is like Windows ME in my opinion. I've already switched browser and email clients to Mozilla due to other Microsoft frustrations. Hubris is one of the greatest means for an organization to get out of 'sleepwalking' mode and being committed to make absolutely certain that the customer's needs come first(without customers, your business is going to have problems staying in business long).

Meh, maybe Windows Vienna, or whatever they'll decide to call it will be better. Just like XP was better than ME, hopefully Vienna will be the same in comparison with Vista...

oh hit me I thought for a second it was Schot that posted.

I was like eh where's the avatar? :oooo:

Welcome to FDM Scott, you can check out the bar and make an intro in the guest book if you would like. :bow:

I am using home vista premium on my new laptop and quite frankly I had to change the appearance back to the classic window view cause the new appearance sucks. Other than that I can't really complain cause I was using an outdated laptop with a fake windows xp (I didnt even know of) for almost 5 years! so this sucks or not, I couldn't really tell. lol

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

I maybe update to vista ´when im in a wheelchair and my memory is faded, well maybe then I have forgotten I would do it

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this topic still going. The way I see it this topic is going more then vista.

Vista came out went for XP placed and XP sent Vista back home crying.

Vista was dead before Microsoft let here lose on the world. :cow_white:

Heh maybe sometime this week I'll post a review here with my early findings on vista. It came with my new pc. :butcher: I immediately wiped it clean and installed XP on it, but somehow I cant get my wireless lan card to work, so I'm going to try it with vista to see if it works. If it does, vista is staying on.

I'll wait till 2010 for Vista upgrade, or never. (I can emulate my sacred on linux <3).

Bill G4tes said that 16k of RAM will be ENOUGHT for all the computers of the future. Spaceships were sent using 64k ones. And now, I cant run OS on 1GB ram... Now tell me, Holy Hannah! is going on? =D.

XP is, indeed, better than 98. Less "blue screens" and such. ("My documents" system sucks balls tho).

But all those new, "handy" services are really useless, non-working crap. Example. I have telly which I can connect with my PC. I plug it and... get window what to do with that device... well I think I'm the one who DOES know what to do, and do NOT need stupid pop-up window for that. (I can use wincommander for that, which works far much faster).

What I'm trying to say is, that simply things are starting to be way-too-much-complicated. (CPU/memory power waste). And I'm sure that Viasta isnt going help it.

(MS)Vista just wants a big bite of customers wallets, and offers a little more than XP (if not less so far).

I checked out Vista and well like you guys I was not impressed. I hated the way it was setup and everything about it. I will stick with my xp pro or I will get awayfrom microcrap altogether after all I am gonna get a new pc soon so bye bye micro-soft hello anything else

Well I've been thinking about it lately, and now the time has come to say goodbye to vista. I'm just wondering how I'm going to do a reinstall of XP home with an upgrade disk and no qualifying product.....

Perhaps I'll get lucky and find ME or 98 in a bargain bin somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I installed Vista again, since I wanted to try and get my Wireless pci card running. Well that thing STILL doesn't work but Vista works like a charm. It does look pretty I have to say... :4rofl:

• 1 month later...

Vista is just... blah.. I'm thinking of skipping it. Maybe the next one is less overcontrolling. Even whit XP I would like to have faster response to every action it does and more overall control what is going on. I don't need a "big brother" to say: "warning this file could be dangerous" or "are you sure you want to delete? so you are sure? are you really sure? really really sure? you need my permission to delete a file from your computer" etc..

Not big suprise that Vista is what it is.. if looking back timeline:

original windows version up to 3.11 was stolen technology from apple, so no wonder they worked as they were ment. After that theyr products have been more or less a joke. Here is a great example of MS

Maybe if we go thru 3-5 more new OS from MS, we will get our new windows XP 2 in year 2020 that works just the way we like.

lets hope 2020 arrives soon then

:Just_Cuz_21:

~Doom

P.S. Maybe I'll get a linux next time, and just run Windows on it as a program, (you can do that on linux, one of the people who helped make linux told me, hes married to my cousin :sweating: )

Edited by TimOfDoom