On Butterflies and Boxing.

Dearest friends, ladies and gents, or myself (I need to write this down cause I am in a frenzy to get myself organized)

It has been a while since I really wrote anything in this forum, all because of my "busy," and yet not that busy schedule. :bow: Anyways, the deep deep deep deep deep deeeeep (I know how that annoys you haha) secret of a part of my life, and just thinking about it, or writing about it instantly is me some butterflies in the stomache and some very very acidic sweaty palms, dripping all over the keyboard. I am even certain that if I have lent my keyboard to someone, no one would ever want to touch it. I hope that the smelly ph. won't bother you too much - and please hang on to your coffee :butcher: I am begging you just cause I don't want you to spill it- from the odor of my sweaet :cry:

Anyways- I....for the last few weeks, if not months, I have been training like a craazy dude at the boxing gym - thinking if I am ever good enough, strong enough, or fast enough, or simply bad enough to hurt someone in the ring, without holding back as I used to... after a few sparring sessions, I "simply" or "accidently" see a part of the light and I am crowing like the " Greatest, the." There is however one thing that blocks me- the Greatest and all the good boxers in the world are born with the gloves, I have just started. I am certainly am no match to them- but I have the stamina to perfect my skills and with the encouragement of my peers, I will be ready mentally, and yet if not physically. I even bought some expensive equipements from the states and have UPS smuggling them to me withing the next 5 days!

Now that that is off my chest- I will be participating (after a process of long lonnnnnnnnnnnnng loong ! reflection and trainer hinting that he REALLY wants me to do it) at an official combat. The thing is that I have to invite my friends to encourage me, but asking them to pay a 20$ ticket to see my butt kick...

Here goes my line:

"Hey dude, how's it igoing? would you be interested in paying 20$ to see my butt kicked?" or how about

"Mr. Ogilvy, I know how depressed you have been lately. I know a great way for you to achieve carthasis, just by watching some boxing combat, with some little gore involved of course, shhhhh....;-) don't tell you wife"

Or Maybe :4rofl: you can suggest a line for me to get people watch the fight ? and alsome some lines for me to get a girl :D

I'll tell you about the girl if I am successful enough to date her :blush:

Cheers :bow:

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

There's a month left- and I still have room for improvement- meaning I have to train even harder

5 points to improve : explosiveness, speed and endurance, as well as reaction-time and coordination - but most importantly to improve all that I have to work more on my legs. What I m doing right now is training with weights attached to my legs so that when I take them off I can fly. :cow_white:

Hence the number one priority is to train my legs and also trunk rotation - speed, balance.

Hope that I will be improved within the next 3 days. :cow_white:

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

Like a kid waiting for santa claus in front of the chimney :cow_white:

Finally Finally FINALLY :drunkards: did I just say the word 3 times? (sorry to the ones who had to bear the excited loud noise in the apt - but as I am writing now- I am 10 times as excited)

As I was doing laundry in the basement I saw the UPS Brown van waiting at the entrance- I just know they had come for me- :drunkards: I ran up as fast as I could and there he was the main man- actually there were two main men - Thanks Gogo for opening the door to the delivery guy :drinks: who was holding my Ringside pair of gloves!

I was excited and perplexed- and I wonder whether Gogo wanted to open Ringdora's box to let the happiness out!

Woo! 2 pair of soft synthetic leather, carefully crafted brand and foam for the protection of my fist (and also other people's face)... I just feel the difference from my old torn gloves and the new ones. the new ones fit perfectly to my hands.

That's it I have been waiting for the gloves for a few days - I can't wait but to use them tonight at the gym! :cow_white::cow_white:

Muhahahahhaha (*evil grin*)

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

The new gloves Just amazing- it was a new feeling that I just got used to in a matter of minutes- the perfect fit made it such that each single hit is crisp and dry, thus more powerful combining with the body speed. I didn't get to have pad sesssion with the trainer due to the fact that my friend/"schoolmate" Abou was having a competition tonight. So I trained with another friend - but it was still awesome - I learnt with him the rapidity and defensive - which I yearn to improve. J'ai hate de retourner demain et faire les escaliers!!

:cow_white: ot

I have yet to try my competition gloves :cow_white:

Edited by OuttaTown
Guest gogoblender

ayup

Gloves are awesome and even wants me want to take up something of a more pugilistic bent

muhahah

The new hobby reads awesome hk, and yer commitment to it is awesome.

Keep goin and maybe we'll see yer mug in the news one day

:(

gogo

why can't I sleep I wonder...

:devil: It will be the first time since wednesday, that I will meet the trainer- I can't wait to use my newly acquired gloves on the pads during an intense training with him. But that couldn't be it. I know for sure since I adapted to my gloves...

It has to be something deeper.

The images just keep flashing moments. It has to be about the 15 yr- old guy, who asked me thrice, after I denied him twice to spar with him, for reasons that 1. I do not know him, 2. the trainer wasn't there. 3. no one cant tell me the mistakes I make (apparently not much since the sparring wasn't that intense). Even Bruce lee, according to my sha shen do (don't know how to spell it) friend who was doing some muscle toning told me to be careful since he, a long time member of the gym had never seen him. In other words, he might be dangerous.

I asked him whether it has been a long time he had been boxing- he told me that he was boxing since the age of 14 - so I thought he had to be really good.

I felt dumb enough to accept the challenge, and yet, delighted since I might learn from any mistakes I make in the ring. I asked the boy, whom I forgot his name (like all the dudes in the gym, I would just call anyone champion..except a few guys I had become friends with).. Anyways I interrogated him whether he wanted a techical, strength or speed training/sparring. I was hoping he would say technical since I really didn't know him- he chose strength which meant he wanted to beat up or get beat up.

Then I asked him whether he wanted a round of 2 or 3 minutes. I wouldn't mind if he'd choose 3 minutes since the training will be more intense- but he chose 2 minutes. I felt awkward since he told me he had 1 year on/off training, he might be very good.

When in the ring, I immediately recognized the sparring wouldn't be very fruitful, and that he might be lying to me about his experience in boxing (since I denied the challenge)..How? Well first his pose: it's not boxing- it's either karate or kickboxing because he was garding with hands at a lower position.

I told him to get some protective gear, but I didn't wear one since I knew that I had 100% confidence that I will not get hurt.

However, sha shen do guy came and "ordered" me to get one :D since he thought it was unfair for 15 yr old to have protection and I didn't have one.

It wasn't long enough before I kicked his ass, and the whole time sha shen do was watching- I saw the 15 yr old guy was very tired, and not in shape- I asked whether he would like to continue...he responded whether I wanted to continue so I responded that it was all up to him! He had enough...

I wasn't that happy that I kicked his ass since it wasn't that much of a challenge. But what I was happy about was that the sha shen do guy taught me some of his kung fu moves (Man was I happy cause to learn his techques, it would cost at least 50-60 dollars a month extra...! at another gym)

:D I might use some of his moves when I box (the blocking usually) since my defensive skills sucks.

it's 6 am and I have another 5-7 hours to go before I get to have the intensive training that I am yearning for. and hopefully by that time I wouldn't need :( and have that sleep

wish me good luck - I still have 30 days before the competition - if there's anyone who would want to see my ass kick (in montreal) I will have 20$ ticket to sell unfortunately....

Cheers :whip:

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

:drinks::drinks::3lmao:

I am shell shocked for lack of a better word - wow I finally sparred for real with Benjamin. The guy wearing red. I have always been scared of him since he is 1. a professional, 2. someone who seems to lack control, 3. for his powerful uppercuts that cut ribs.

Anyways the sparring was alright- he was holding back a little but eating his hits was not nothing- by the time I got to the 3rd round, I think, I was really tired-

And then I gotta continue with another person-

Today I have learnt that I still have room for improvement especially in endurance and strenght- Tomorow I am going again - my head kinda hurts for receiving the hits...but shhhhh...that's a secret :bow:

I think I am just gonna go sleep

ot :hugs:

Edited by OuttaTown
Guest gogoblender

lol, that's some pic dude

now we know yer really goin out to box every night instead of down to the local bar

:tease:

gogo

p.s. I just saw Slevin, owch, watch yer teeff

:tease: Who's slevin gogo :) hehe *nervous laugh*

I am still suffering fromthe aftermath of that sparring with benjamin! I woke up this morning and I just feel some weakness, not pain on the muscles besides my neck, some tingling on my external ears, probably some exploded blood vessels invisible to the naked eye.

Regardless, I still had gone to train for FOUR HOURS- after literrally begging the trainer... hehhee... :bow: thanks Brahim! 3/3. By the time I finished the whole course...my fingers are all wrinkled from my sweat. we can even wipe the sweat from the inside of the gloves. People are envious to own a pair like my gloves - 50 bux US was considered expensive to them - but it is really good quality rivalling with the German brands. I told them to check at the website cause, these are gloves worn by professionals (secret laugh :drool: )

Although, I am tired I will go back tomorow for another 4 hours. I lost about 5 lbs and asked the trainer whether it's bad for health. He said it's a good sign that I lost weight cause it really means that I am working. And in terms of sparring with the enemy.....it means that I have greater advantage :)!?! (I lost the logic somewhere but I believe that was what he conveyed)

Anyways Dinner time- sinceI am losing that and this much- I might go to restos and make some ladies jealous by ordering a huge dinner muhahahaha ;) maybe some are jealous enough to make the first step :yay:

ot:lol:

Edited by OuttaTown

7 hours of zzz (5:30 am)...after boxing... hehehe .. now can't sleep again - that I re-read my earlier post I made a few mistakes.. it's first move not step ;) lol....

Anyways I decided to google my other trainer's name Drissa Holy cow that's why he is good- he coorected all my mistakes the other time...and it was a hardcore training with him too! I would need some :tease: withim.

Tonight I might do sparring with benjamin again...and tomorow again.....hopefully this time I am more careful for I do not feel like getting hit unnecessarily :yay:

I d better get more zzz, more food before tonight's boxing

ot :drool:

Edited by OuttaTown

wow HK you are really going for it...cool pics and keep on getting those huge dinners and ofc the sleep you need for all that boxing!

Keep up your posts though this is fascinating...maybe you can get us some pics when you have a competition :Just_Cuz_21:

Guest gogoblender

heh, I actually had the movie Slevin a few dayz ago. It had a great boxing part in it, all black and white...part of this Film NOire that Harnett did with Lucy Liu!

Let's just say two front teeth flying looked pretty painful.

And I think the weight loss part is a good thting as long as you put muscle back on in it's place.

You still doin those pushups?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

I have to give you respect for the amount of training you must be doing!

LOL boxing is a kind of nostalic thing for me...I remember being allowed to stay up late as a kid and watch some cool heavy weight fights on the old goggle box with my Mom n Dad...and I still will watch the odd fight on sky tv if it's on tv...all snuggled up with a fluffy blanket...wincing and yayying at a good hit lol...such a duality this sport has...good on ya HK...keep going!

GoGo I haven't seen this filum...hek another on my list LOL

Guest gogoblender

Part of my family are huuuuuuge fans of boxing

My cuz was even thinkin of turnin pro till my uncle got fed up with all the hits and damage and took him out of it

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

I have to give you respect for the amount of training you must be doing!

LOL boxing is a kind of nostalic thing for me...I remember being allowed to stay up late as a kid and watch some cool heavy weight fights on the old goggle box with my Mom n Dad...and I still will watch the odd fight on sky tv if it's on tv...all snuggled up with a fluffy blanket...wincing and yayying at a good hit lol...such a duality this sport has...good on ya ot...keep going!

GoGo I haven't seen this filum...hek another on my list LOL

Awww sweet Erialc!! Thanks a ton :) Beer for ya and also some le frog.

Part of my family are huuuuuuge fans of boxing

My cuz was even thinkin of turnin pro till my uncle got fed up with all the hits and damage and took him out of it

:D

gogo

I want to meet your cousin and have him beat me up... :twitch:

Yesterday- Benjamin WAS waiting for me- but I Was late to the gym haha due to some unforseen muscular numbness-

After being at yelled at by Benjamin for being late (he laughed and screamed at me that I was late with an evil grin lol)...Anyways I thought I was really that late, such that by the time I finished changing, I hopped on the floor, the coach suspiciously watching me, one of my friends gave me a handshake, and students nervously staring at me like a cow :Just_Cuz_21: as if I were a creep (hahah) :hugs: .... By the time I was there, the students were doing boxing with each other - since I was late and had no partner I decided to do some Shadow....Finally it was core strength training time; I.e. push ups and sit ups and leg raises...argh!

Brahim asked me whether I have stretched yet. I said a little bit. Then he asked and then joked (he is a joker haha) what am I doing... lol ... Only at that time had I understood that I was actually taking part of the end of the first class and not the begining of the second. (hey! Benjamin said I was late- :lol: ) Hence, I responded that I will be doing the strengh core training with them and then stretch.

I did do the pads with Brahim when the best part was that there were only...3 students weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (I like it when there are no other student.) It gives me more time to work on technique.

At the end Drissa said I must come tonight (Thursday) and insists that I have to be early for sparring. I immediately hid behind my red gloves....insinuating that I will be nowhere to be found. He added, "no hiding"...I said well...I have to protect myself behind the gloves.. :P

Tonight I will go to the gym directly from work because Ibrahim will be giving a 5 pm (one hour before class starts) private lesson to a girl, and I will invade that lesson :evil: Brahim said I am his :devil: "student" ... and he doesn't mind giving me extra ...yay :bow: for Brahim!!

Hopefully this time, his son won't hit me too hard, for I have still not recovered from Sunday's muscular injury (I overstretched my neck muscles when he punched me).

I intend to eat and eat and eat - and also vegetate before going for extra strength...weeee!

:bye: for now

ot

P.S. yes Gogo! I did do my push ups. and I am having extra protein intake/food despite the fact that brahim said weight loss is a good thing- but uh...his son and most of my classmates are at least 35 lbs heavier than I am (although a few feet shorter which gives me an advantage) :)! ...Tired...off to work zzzz....

Edited by OuttaTown

:P What?!?!

My weight loss is good because the opponent might be smaller but same weight and less likely to approach and attack cause of my long arms- that's the logic behind

Yesterday I did sparring with a more experienced 16 yrs old guy- smarter and faster ..... :P I wish I were like him- in the next upcoming month I will train like CrAzY. However, I clarified with the trainer that it will be an exhibition fighting so there's no victory; only the same gore you would feel as if you were at an official combat...Holy Hannah!?! what's the point to do an exhibition when you will get hit anyways! I'd rather do a combat- at least you would beat and you will know who has the better techniques/strength :) (I doubt that winning actually could show at this point whether I am good or not...)

Anyways I have to go to Boxing Quebec Federation to make my competitions "official" lol. .. hmmm...damn they are all sick today I just called. Just my luck :D

I had decided since I have to gain leaner muscles rather than fat - I did Unbaked bars- it's fast and doesn't require oven hawking time.....+ it tastes good. with lil unsaturated fat per serving -

weeeeeeeeeee...I am gonna try it before boxing. :)

Have fun making it :whistle:

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

zzz- 4 am... just woke up from my 5 hour nap...zzz :D

Ahhh! what a nice Friday afternoon! Snow storm! cold wind chill! Snow up to the knee! walking in wet shoes....I really didn't feel going to gym today. Alas! I did make a promise to a friend Mehdi that I'd take the kickboxing class and then show him the boxing moves...

Little did I know. :D kickboxing is kinda fun... but I found it hard to find the balance when I give the kick. it's good to work on the legs, esp. in boxing you need to use the legs a lot although not for kicks :devil: ....

But.. my friend never showed up :blink: until the end of the class. We decided to do some training together since the night was still young. and I was still packed with energy (because of the energy cake I ate). :4rofl: and people in the room wondered why I did push ups with fists... lol...

So a lot of skipping and accrobatics... or At least I was only trying. Some bag training....then some light sparring that lasted for an hour approx. But we did one bad mistake: we didn't protect ourselves with mouth guards. I threw him a very light uppercut and it bounced his lips to his teeth...so naturally it was bleeding... :4rofl: The blood....ewwwwwwww GROSSS! .... :oooo: don't approach me with your blood.... :oooo: araahh.......or I...I....Or I will sniff out some mucuous from my nose, let it dripped inside my mouth and spit it out on you.... :oooo: don't come near ... :o uh oh... I saw the blood...dripping...

yuck :pirate: .... that's when we decided to call it a night- tomorow I am going back- probably my other friend Youssef will be there to train with me since he, too, has to prepare for the big fight (he already has 1.5 year of experience + official combat skills!). What an outstanding sparring partner. :pirate:

ugh.. :sick: still thinking about the blood.

I am gonna clear my conscience by having a chocolate cookie. Thinking of a chocolate, I finally made friends with katy!! :heart: She told me she likes chocolate with nuts (I secretly have a crush on her)...but she recently got in a relationship as I later found out. :(

I am gonna clear my conscience and go wallow with the chocolate cookie - and then go back to the gym tomorow...hoping I see less gore...

ot :sigh::4rofl:

Edited by OuttaTown

:tongue: It's official...I am finally part of the Quebec Boxing Federation just by paying 60 bux. A passport with a tough looking pic of me....I showed it to the glorious trainer....and he was proud...and suggested I loose even more weight- down to 150 lbs. That means little or no carbs, protein + veggies diet.

I wonder whether I could make it! haha. Ok We'll see in a week! For now I am gonna get some zzz's

and train tomorrow!

ot :P

Edited by OuttaTown
Guest gogoblender

Congratulations HK!

lol, whereja get the pic...the booth? :P

And btw...are you serious about losing weight?

dunno but isn't that kind of ...weird considering how slim you already are?

What's the point in getting skinner anyway..dontcha wanna gain more weight so you can add more mass to yer hams?

:devil:

gogo

Congratulations OT!

lol, whereja get the pic...the booth? :P

And btw...are you serious about losing weight?

dunno but isn't that kind of ...weird considering how slim you already are?

What's the point in getting skinner anyway..dontcha wanna gain more weight so you can add more mass to yer hams?

:P

gogo

I took it at work- Denis the photographer took a pic of me and instantly printed out for me with no charge! Thanks Denis! I will miss all my co-workers as todays is the final day of the contract. Anyways, yes I am serious about losing weight - it's tactics

1. lighter weight will make my speed faster

2. the faster the speed the more hits I can get - the faster the oppenent needs to be - I am just betting that at one point he will get tired then bam! KO him with my right cross.

3. my weight will be matched with the competitor - so.... I don't think I will see another 6ft 2 boxer around + my arms are long- my body speed + my arm speed = more hits If the oppenent is smaller but of the same weight, it might take more effort for him to approach me.

4. by gaining mass it will actually slow down my speed thus making me less coordinated- Although fat is ligher than muscles, they are less firm, thus when hit you will feel more pain.

I hope this explains welll :)

ot

P.s Thanks gogo for the kudos :D

:devil:;)

Edited by OuttaTown
Guest gogoblender

Intersting, so I guess this means hk that yer trying to get yer weight in the top numbers of a range

Kinda like they do in rasslin...

:devil:

gogo

Hehehe I wish I have someone to take me a pic while at the gym... esp. when I do the sneak attack...

Did some sparring yestereday with a friend- received a punch in the jaw, still hurting today. but that's the least of my focus right now. after watching the movie 300 - I can't help but wonder how did the people train for the movie. So I googled a bit and found out the 300 reps workout Rumour has it that the actors have trained 4 to 6 hours a day....and since I am outta work I AM GONNA DO THAT... :):drool: to complement with the boxing training...

Will that be too much? I don't think I am gonna stick too much as the low calories diet plan- cause I ll need it.

ot

:( still mesmerized.

Edited by OuttaTown
Guest gogoblender

Some Ibuproffen will help with the jaw...but maybe claire will see this post and recommend some sort of plant snipping to help with the pain?

The training regimen for that movie was apparently HORRIBLY grueling.

And..if you google that movie be prepared to be VERY pleasantly surprised about where the entire thing was shot

:)

gogo

yeah I know about where it was shot- what I am bit disappointed was that mark twight's gym is located at salt lake city- and he doesn't "just" take anybody- they have to do a preliminary interview on the athlete!

The actor was suffering depression - it was a mental stamina as well as physical....

What kind of plant does Claire has? :drool:

ot

:)

Edited by OuttaTown