Tell me about Dwarven Steel

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

I'm curious

Is it a kind of spell you cast upon an evil nastie?

Is it something you cast upon yourself as a buff to then reduce resistances of everything you hit?

K, this is the lead question then.

If a little dwarfey casts dwarven steel, does the physical resists of all the charcters then get reduced for all the other people on your team hitting it or is it just for the caster himself?

Thanks!

:D

gogo

Dwarven Steel's an "aura" that affects all monsters nearby for the duration.

I don't know if it would affect other players (either allied or not), and that would be difficult to test. Well, maybe do it in Bronze against a dragon (if a low level char spawns the dragon) so the target has enough HP for lots of test hits. Do (say) 10 hits with/without DS for the dwarf, an allied character & a non-allied character (then repeat in PvP to see if it affects player characters, using a high level char with lots of HP).

IIRC, given the way resists/damage interact, you should get more % effect if you're using a low damage weapon (damage taken = damage done x (damage done / (resist + damage done))

If damage done = 100 & resist = 1,000, damage taken = 9.

If DS is reducing the resist to 500, damage taken = 16 (+77%)

If DS is reducing the resist to 100, damage taken = 50 (+455%)

If DS is reducing the resist to 50, damage taken = 66 (+633%)

If damage done = 1000 & resist = 1000, damage taken = 500

If DS is reducing the resist to 500, damage taken = 666 (+33%)

If DS is reducing the resist to 100, damage taken = 909 (+82%)

If DS is reducing the resist to 50, damage taken = 952 (+90%).

Guest gogoblender

interesting

llama, I just posted this in the sif...rooster seems to thnk that it's only a singular relation tweenst subject object.

I ask because, as you have surmised, whetehr or not others can take adantage of this effect and perhaps help produce the high score screen shots the germans have come up with.

If not Dwarven steel then...perhaps other Combat Arts?

Ugh, I'm not familiar with a lot of the other ca effects to pursue this.

Perhaps a toon could be being buffed by another to increase damage?

Or...is there another CA that would produce more damage from the toon doing the hit if Dwarven is not the one?

Are there any others out there?

Can DE Combat Arts be used in a manner to manifest higher damage from an attacking fellow toon?>

:D

gogo

r00 may well be right about it only affecting a single monster (though it would have to affect all monsters being damaged by the Dwarf, otherwise the likes of Mortar Grenade's Area of Effect damage won't be modified properly).

As r00 said in that thread, the best char for boosing other's damage is the Daemon, with her forms.