Step up fer yer Internet Speed Test

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

And, it is!

101530485.png

I LOVE this site!

It's like, entertaining, fast, smoooth.

..man, I hope these guys make tons of money on this.

And...I like the little thing I get to walk away with showing speeeeeeeeeeed...

Step up and let's see whacha got everyone

:dance:

gogo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine....

101677832.png

Would having more pc's hooked up to this connection make a difference to the speed?( I have another pc here also sharing this connection)...hehe I wanna squeeze every bit out of my connection. I don't use them but on a side note are most of those (horrible imho) 'Increase your connection speed' programmes just full of spyware?

Would having more pc's hooked up to this connection make a difference to the speed?( I have another pc here also sharing this connection)...hehe I wanna squeeze every bit out of my connection. I don't use them but on a side note are most of those (horrible imho) 'Increase your connection speed' programmes just full of spyware?

Aditional PCs sharing the same connection wont have an effect on speed as long as they are idle on the internet. Basically the maximum speed is divided between computers currently using the band, so if only one of them is using the internet then that one gets the full band. If another starts using it as well then the two pcs will have to share the band.

And yeah, most internet speed boosters are full of spyware or just don't provide a significant boost at all.

One tool that always works to at least some extent would be a small program called TCP Optimizer. Just get it from here.

Heh, you should have seen my first connection ever. 30 kbps. >_>

I used to dream at night of getting 30 kbps. I remember fondly my speedy 9.6 modem, not to mention my earlier PC with dual 5.25" floppys (no hard drive), and when I added chips to my mother board to get up to :D 64 K of RAM! Yes, yes, we've come a long way. The CF card in my digital camera has 400 times the capacity of my first PC harddrive. :whip:

I used to dream at night of getting 30 kbps. I remember fondly my speedy 9.6 modem, not to mention my earlier PC with dual 5.25" floppys (no hard drive), and when I added chips to my mother board to get up to :o 64 K of RAM! Yes, yes, we've come a long way. The CF card in my digital camera has 400 times the capacity of my first PC harddrive. :devil:

Lol, old school technology, nice. ;)

Though in my case 30kbps was 3 years ago. So in my case it was way bellow average. =/

102381392.png

And here from the islands are my results Ordinateur07.gif Although it does say I am only 50 miles south of ft. Lauderdale where I am actually 200 miles south

Edited by Borg
Guest gogoblender

wow...

lol, what the heck happenned to my connection speed...

We have the worst case scenario for DSL where our home is. DSL comprises a range of speeds withink which they can charge you for the premium price.

ugh

unfortunately THIS connection is on the lower end of the range...meaning we still have to pay for DSL speed

Gak

ahh, Cable...come to us!

:P

gogo

Download speeds with the cables are more than enough for me but upload is so limited, it's kills me. DSL providers are usually better with upload limits.

That's why I like my work connections upload/download is same speed. Better to have little more download but I don't use it so often. may be I should get additional t-1 for work :viking:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...