New Estereggs - what would fit

While playing the german game with a shadow warrior fighting kobolds he said: Zigzag Zyllis. It was an old TV-ad for a kitchen tool. Probably meaning that the kobold would be made in minced meat with the tool.

And I started thinking: Sacred had always eastereggs. Many of them were from actual events happening while coding the game: soccer world championship, Bruno the bear (in German Alpes), or movies with the Captain in the desert being Jack Sparrow, ...

So when doing new eastereggs in a mod, which would make it? Covid19 and masks, Global warming and fridays for free, ... Which you would mention?

I think you're hitting the nail in the head there. The game always had a huge amount of sarcasm and dark humour mixed with contemporary references, so I think that's something to be carried on.

To this day I still feel like some dialogues are vague references to this and that, even if those quests aren't fully assumed as Easter eggs. That's the fun part of it, that you can relate to those things.

As a side note, how awesome is Sheik Yerbouti for a name?! :lol:

• Like! 1

I remember that my older sister was at a Zappa concert in Frankfurt. Somebody was not sitting but standing. No big problem if he wouldn't have stand just in front of the laser and light machine. My sister said Zappa started to sing, but not the song his band was doing. He was singing 'Fool sit down, heh you fool listen to my song, fool sit down...' She said it was really funny because soon everyone was singing 'Fool sit down' with one exception, the fool himself who was still standing and waving a lighted zippo.

972c45f4ed6e7a5eae2456b9016ed1b6.jpg

Seeing how many references to movies there were in Sacred 2 - think about Star Trek, Star Wars - and knowing it's over 10 years since the game was released,  I hink references / Easter Eggs pointing to the last Star Wars movies (well, I think that's the last 6!!), the passing of both Leonard Nimoy and "Mr. Scott"  (sorry, having a real bad day in remembering names today as another topic also shows) and probably the success of GoT and Vikings would be something that could be mentioned.

I'm quite certain that everyone knows the meaning of a tombstone saying: "Famous last words 'Mesa don't like' ".

Thorin :)