2 copies, 1 pc.

Ok, so I bought a second copy of Gold (well, a first copy really since I originally bought Sacred & then UW...) to get a second account, only to find that Sacred doesn't want two copies of itself running at once! Is there any way round this?

You can run two copies by:

-using fast user switching in xp

-editing the registries for the sacred.exe of the second copy of sacred. However I don't remember exactly what you have too edit. There might still be info on this left on the SIF though so you should try searching for this there.

Cool, and where's XP's reg editor?

:tongue:

Edit: don't appear to see anything from a search for Reg or Registry.

Edit: #2 Might try user switching instead...

I sent you an e-mail and answered this on SIF Llama, but now I'm wondering if I got the basic question right...

Are you asking this just to be able to use 2 different accounts, one at a time? (this is the one I answered, and it's a simple matter of just changing settings.cfg files, you don't really need 2 installations)

Or are you asking to be able to use 2 accounts at the same time for muling or something?

Cool, and where's XP's reg editor?

start>run>regedit

tell me you were joking....

Tried user switching, didn't work too well, the gfx went pear-shapped on the first instance of UW & the second (on the second user) was supidly slow.

Uhm, yeah, the user switch approach is slow as it uses a lot of ram and cpu.

But running two sacred processes at the same time will be slower than normal even if you manage to edit the registries.

well I do have 2 accounts but running them at the same time on the same pc hmmmm (I only use a bat file to change between the two) :tongue:

btw didnt you buy a laptop for your better half a while back :)

I did, but I know how a conversation started with "'scuse me dear, could I just borrow your laptop for a few mins?" would end...

Edit: Anyway, 's been sorted now, thanks for all the help guys.

I did, but I know how a conversation started with "'scuse me dear, could I just borrow your laptop for a few mins?" would end...

Edit: Anyway, 's been sorted now, thanks for all the help guys.

:)

well how did you do it (share the secret) :tongue: