Zomg...have threads dissapeared from the SIF?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

nooooooooooooooooooooo

:o

omg, a bunch of seraphim threads are gone...noooooooooooooooooo

I had two great threads that had the community present all of it's best damages with rbol and cl...now...

Gone!

:whistle:

Those threads were a great visual in showing the power of widd as doing many multiples of damage with a cl at a fraction of anyone else's CA Level...noooooooooo

Well, I guess it's my fault. I've been keeping important threads but I guess not enough.

So...if the sacred forum here starts gettin busy with posts, soooorrrrrreeeeeee...

I just need to keep these threads safe.

cheers!

:)

gogo

There hasn't been a prune in quite a while gogo - and I've only been pruning the really old stuff since I took the job (generally stuff that predates 1.8 or in many cases 1.7 even). Unless someone's overstepping their bounds (which I seriously doubt), I'm the only one that does the pruning. On the off chance that I did make a mistake (I try very hard to be careful when doing those things, as I do recognize the importance of our accumulated wisdom), have you tried checking the archives? You should be able to look manually, or even do a google advanced search for the domain "http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/archive/"

I am always happy to do all I can to keep relevant and not outdated (through patches) information around. I'm not sure of a better way to do this than what I've been doing (or I'd have done it the better way of course), but if you have suggestions I'd certainly be willing to hear them.

Edited by DaGirl

ahh, thanks for the reply Carolyne!

Maybe they were taken out before and I didn't notice it till now.

I was thinkin that you would have at least told us that a mass prune was coming or something.

I'll just keep hunting fer other good stuff now

Cheers!

:yay:

gogo

I was thinkin that you would have at least told us that a mass prune was coming or something.
Absolutely! Even though I wasn't on staff during the last great purge (IIRC last spring), I remember how angry people got at the amount of useful compiled information that was removed. My main concern when removing threads (at least in game areas) isn't clearing space, rather it's to get rid of some of the really old outdated things that have changed and might confuse people as well as to make the up-to-date information easier for everyone to find. I think it's especially important at this point in the game's lifecycle, because I continue to be amazed at the number of new people coming into it.

Ahhh, and this is why I love the new SIF team...

the stuff being done make sense.

Ty Dagirl.

Can hardly wait till Sacred 2 comes in now

Woot!

;)

gogo

p.s. somtimes doing it so it makes sense takes more time, but wow, does it ever make us loyal!

:yay:

Woot, don't scare me like that Gogo, I thought the unthinkable has happened! Again! ;)

With mighty DaGirl <--:) guarding the buttons even! :yay: