Where did the word HardCore come for the HC servers?

Hey guys!

I just wanted to know...where did this name/word come from? I've always thought that this word was kind of a weird word since the hc servers philosophy has always been about helping out new players and being friendly. Where did this HC thing come from? Did someone at Ascaron think that HC is made of the "best" players or the "toughest" players? I know for a while that the HC description had this really strange "creme de la creme" wordage and I think that most of us are happy it's gone *whew! *

I'm just wondering if this use of "Hard core" perhaps stops peeps from coming to see what is probably one of the most supporting online communities around?

Could this be costing US here all a growing community AND more sales and growth for Ascaron?

I know a long while ago there was someone here who had become confused by our continued use of the word hardcore over and over...and finally, we had all come to realize after this new member made a shocking post that HIS perception of what our term hardcore meant was simply to go into, in sp, the highest level server he could gain access to and run up to the closest dragon he could find!

In fact...this kind of scares me now, because I'm thinking...how many more others has the use of the word hardcore "turned off", " scared" or confused?

So, if this word hardcore has been shown to be a factor that can "lose" us potential new players or long term users of this game...

Is there a way we can change it now?

Can/Will this help us?

And...maybe sacred 2 can use a word that is more inclusive AND finds a way to describe what is happening on these servers in a way that ultimately results in more smileys everyone for all of the community...

Ideas guys?

Thanks~!

:)

gogo

p.s can someone please put this post where it's supposed to go if it's in the wrong section?

Ty!

Framed!!

:)

being an admin and not knowing were to post. *sigh*