Sacred Character Model Renders

I've been doing renders of Sacred character models for a bit now and thought I'd share them with everyone here in case someone else wants to take a look as well.

Here you go.

If you want to use them for anything (art/modding references, website/wiki, video thumbnails, whatever), go ahead. No restrictions on the use and no credits necessary.

There's also a sortable index of all the currently uploaded renders.

5 minutes ago, Inspired said:

I've been doing renders of Sacred character models for a bit now and thought I'd share them with everyone here in case someone else wants to take a look as well.

Here you go.

If you want to use them for anything (art/modding references, website/wiki, video thumbnails, whatever), go ahead. No restrictions on the use and no credits necessary.

There's also a sortable index of all the currently uploaded renders.

Awesome, and thanks for sharing your work Inspired!

is it possible to upload these to DarkMatters download section  as well? This way you can get much more fans seeing your work rather than just this post 

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/

:)

gogo

17 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Awesome, and thanks for sharing your work Inspired!

is it possible to upload these to DarkMatters download section  as well? This way you can get much more fans seeing your work rather than just this post 

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/

gogo

Thanks gogo!

Sure, I can upload them there, although I don't see a fitting category for them. Do you think these would fall under "Sacred Mods"? They aren't really mods per se, more like fan art I guess.

3 minutes ago, Inspired said:

Thanks gogo!

Sure, I can upload them there, although I don't see a fitting category for them. Do you think these would fall under "Sacred Mods"? They aren't really mods per se, more like fan art I guess.

That'd be awesome!  Yah Sacred Mods would be okay for now, I can make new categories this weekend. Thanks for the share!!

gogo

17 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

That'd be awesome!  Yah Sacred Mods would be okay for now, I can make new categories this weekend. Thanks for the share!!

gogo

No problem!

I used a bit of a trick in the Downloads section - I've only uploaded a dummy txt file with the link to the Google Drive folder since the folder itself is quite large (around 500mb now and it will continue to grow as I add more renders) so I don't think it's reasonable to upload it to the Darkmatters server. I've also provided the link in the description of the file page. Let me know if you're okay with this.

28 minutes ago, Inspired said:

No problem!

I used a bit of a trick in the Downloads section - I've only uploaded a dummy txt file with the link to the Google Drive folder since the folder itself is quite large (around 500mb now and it will continue to grow as I add more renders) so I don't think it's reasonable to upload it to the Darkmatters server. I've also provided the link in the description of the file page. Let me know if you're okay with this.

That works fine, thanks for being thoughtful about the size! I'd love to talk to Schot about the size thats okay for our files...maybe we can get more for the future to be more accomdoating

gogo

• Like! 1

@Inspired You can (and probably should) set the download button point to an external link.  That's how I do it.  Most of my mods are not small enough to fit under the 2mb file size limit either, they are hosted on Google Drive.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

@Inspired You can (and probably should) set the download button point to an external link.  That's how I do it.  Most of my mods are not small enough to fit under the 2mb file size limit either, they are hosted on Google Drive.

Oh, that would be a much neater solution for sure. Unfortunately, the uploader doesn't let me add an external link to the download button. It only lets me upload files from my computer. I wonder if it's something that's only available to admins/moderators?

6 hours ago, Inspired said:

Oh, that would be a much neater solution for sure. Unfortunately, the uploader doesn't let me add an external link to the download button. It only lets me upload files from my computer. I wonder if it's something that's only available to admins/moderators?

Hmm, could very well be.  I just tested the Sacred 1 mods category. Here's a screenshot of what I see when uploading.  Note the "Add files by URL" button at the top right that I've clicked.

image.thumb.png.c9637a17a96112337bba9ba85cdfda04.png

And if I want to edit my existing file / upload a new version, there is also a "Linked Files" section:

image.png.49ca70215fec013ae05ea1e0490720fd.png

If those are missing maybe we can get them added for all users.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Hmm, could very well be.  I just tested the Sacred 1 mods category. Here's a screenshot of what I see when uploading.  Note the "Add files by URL" button at the top right that I've clicked.

And if I want to edit my existing file / upload a new version, there is also a "Linked Files" section:

If those are missing maybe we can get them added for all users.

I just double checked and yes, both the "Add files by URL" button and the "Linked Files" section are definitely missing for me.

41 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

@Inspired, the links should be working now. Please let us know what you are seeing on your end.

@Hooyaah still not seeing the links, unfortunately. Could it be related to a member's number of posts on the forum?

This is what I get when uploading a completely new file.

Spoiler

upload-new.thumb.jpg.2bd559721fee07bc1186e4d8e814026b.jpg

And this is what I see when uploading a new version of the existing file.

Spoiler

upload-new-version.thumb.jpg.8bf7e9e27358b866ad146abbb22cb75c.jpg

Yes, it could be a minimum number of posts are needed. Perhaps, Gogoblender could assist with his mighty Kung  fu magic. Here's what it looks like now:

view.thumb.PNG.cca36c3de8a34cba656ed0b4eff48758.PNG

• Like! 1