Vampiress Skills - Whirling Claws how to hit as many as possible?

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Vampiress' skill Whirling Claws (Multi Hit). How do you use it in order to hit as many foes as possible?

I have read in some guide that, with some practice, it's the best Area of Effect skill of this class. I have tried clicking like the Mage Ice Shards skill but it seems it doesn't work like that. Sometimes the Whirling Claws skill doesn't hit anyone, and they're just next to me.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, Neemis said:

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Vampiress' skill Whirling Claws (Multi Hit). How do you use it in order to hit as many foes as possible?

I have read in some guide that, with some practice, it's the best Area of Effect skill of this class. I have tried clicking like the Mage Ice Shards skill but it seems it doesn't work like that. Sometimes the Whirling Claws skill doesn't hit anyone, and they're just next to me.

Hi Ovidiu, I'm going to bump up your post, hoping that someone here who's more expert in that particular class can perhaps have a look at helping out with the mechanics.  I actually never played Vampiress myself.... and am interested in the mechanic here of chance to hit.. could it be coming from another mechanic rather than a physical chance to hit, or is it a spell that is working differently?

:)

gogo

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Ovidiu, I'm going to bump up your post, hoping that someone here who's more expert in that particular class can perhaps have a look at helping out with the mechanics.  I actually never played Vampiress myself.... and am interested in the mechanic here of chance to hit.. could it be coming from another mechanic rather than a physical chance to hit, or is it a spell that is working differently?

:)

gogo

Hello Rommel, thanks for the bump up :) 

I don't have an in depth knowledge about the mechanics of the game. Probably the physical skill chance-to-hit is related to normal weapon chance-to-hit. That would make some kind of sense. And regarding the proper way to use the skill, maybe someone on the forum might shed some light, if they had good experience with the Vampiress. I did find a few references on the internet that "one must know how to use Whirling Hit" in order for it to be the best Area of Effect of that character. And it made me curious if hte Vampiress' skills have some mechanics I didn't know about.

Like the Mage Ice Shards: if you click closer to you, the shards spread very wide, whereas if you click further away from you, the shards stay compact for a few meters.

On 8/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, Neemis said:

Hello,

Used exclusively in ranged combat. Launches 5 arrows in the direction of enemies.
In close combat, Multi-Hit is not applicable, as often does not touch targets at close range! The problem isn't low attack, it's a mechanic bug.

• Appreciation 1
20 hours ago, RuDDicK said:

Used exclusively in ranged combat. Launches 5 arrows in the direction of enemies.
In close combat, Multi-Hit is not applicable, as often does not touch targets at close range! The problem isn't low attack, it's a mechanic bug.

I should have mentioned that I know about the Bow+Whirling Hit combo. But I am not building a Pure Knight, and I didn't even take Concentration as it doesn't help with Vampire skills cooldown. 

There are other skill that, combined with a bow, shoot multiple arrows. And I don't think this is limited to Vampiress only. This excludes any magic skill of course.