Metallic Sheen on characters

Azmhyr

I've recently rediscovered Sacred, and I've been playing my Vampiress for some time now. Thing is, there's this terrible terrible metallic sheen on my character whenever I put on metallic armor, and happens with certain weapon/shield combinations. Other than that, I was wondering if there was a way for me to turn off the look of the vampiress when she turns into her vampire form, where the armor and weapons become red and transparent.

Thanks in advance.

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...
On 9/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, Azmhyr said:

I've recently rediscovered Sacred, and I've been playing my Vampiress for some time now. Thing is, there's this terrible terrible metallic sheen on my character whenever I put on metallic armor, and happens with certain weapon/shield combinations.

It's Armor Glow. Happens when you stack enough items with a specific resist and/or damage type. If you check your active set bonuses, it will say "+15% to X Resist". Depending on the element, the effect will have the specific color. Multiple glows can be present at the same time, creating other hues.

Details here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Armor_glow

• Thanks! 1
On 9/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, Azmhyr said:

I've recently rediscovered Sacred, and I've been playing my Vampiress for some time now. Thing is, there's this terrible terrible metallic sheen on my character whenever I put on metallic armor, and happens with certain weapon/shield combinations. Other than that, I was wondering if there was a way for me to turn off the look of the vampiress when she turns into her vampire form, where the armor and weapons become red and transparent.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to our Sacred forums Azmhyr !!  idbeholdME gave you a great link... I remember everyone in those days all glowing in wild crazy colors online... these devs just could now know when to hit that stop button on ideas...but ooooh, discovering all this crazy stuff was the charrm of the game.. and those glows could add some life saving glows if you need certain proection against certain areas or enemies

:)

gogo