Photoshopping your Sacred Uniques

Schot

Here yah go Myles. This is how I've done my pics in case you are curious. For now I'll be supplying Vimeo videos. Vimeo isn't quite as good as Stage6 but I'm able to publish Vimeo videos quickly and they're better quality than youtube. As soon as my Stage6 vids are available I'll put them here in place of these Vimeo vids. Might be difficult to follow these but give it a try.

I'll be back with better quality soon! :P

This is me going to my favorite spot for taking screenshots of my Uniques. The place I'm standing at the end of this video provides a nice black background making photoshop editing of the .tgs files much easier. Notice that I have emptied my backpack of almost everything but a few Uniques. You'll need that empty space so that there isnothing underneath the stats box of the Unique when you take a screenshot.

And this is a video of me making edits in photoshop. This might be hard to follow due to poor vid quality but see if you can understand what I'm doing and give it a try. Feel free to ask me questions about it. :P

Oh!! I get it now. I managed to alpha big packs of unwanted background but always mess up when I get close to the texts.

Now I know what to do! :P

I have to say, I've never seen the Background Eraser tool work so effectively as I have since editing those screenshots. Never really experimented with it till now. Very impressive tool. You can't read it but I have the "Tolerance" set to 10% while erasing the grid lines from the large area and before I started erasing the bits from the shield I set "Tolerance" to 1%.

Hahaha Indy, very funny. :P *Obseesively seeks out rogue pixel* :P

Come come erialc. Try! :P

Fantastic!

So this is what you were doin all gnomed up away in yer computer last night...

Your productivity never ceases to amaze me.

Now...where's my new avatar?

:D

gogo

p.s. If I may offer one spot of criticism...where's the music?

1-dwarf song from sleeping beauty?

2-smurf song?

3-I dunno, ignore me and find yer own :D

lol gogo. I think I'll pass on the smurf song. Yes yes, Smurfette has a wonderful singing voice and all that but I just really don't think it would work. I'm so sorry, lol. :D

And oh god. You and that avatar.... You knooooow how I've tried. Bloody complex thing that it is, haha. A nightmare of pixel degradation. Iiiiieeeeee! :D

Oh. For the record I've changed my vids in first post from Vimeo uploaded versions to Stage6 versions. Muucho Beta. :D

thx thx thx thx

I just learn couple tips from your photoshop clip which ones they will help me a lot.

I still don't know what tool does what. This videos are helps a lot. :D

lol

Yup! I was just like that except instead of a drum set I used moms kitchen pots and pans and some lids for symbols. Of course I never got to practice very long because mom would go bonkers and take them away from me... :D

I'm glad you found it useful Yarasa. :D

That Background eraser tool is totally amazing. Give it a try!

• 6 months later...

And the wink smiley too, this isn't the one we had. :)

Or I should ask if this is the old old.

ps. eek I'm not sure what I was gonna talk about anymore. :)

good one Schot I just want to add a little coment

if u are not an advaced user of photoshop or don't have photoshop it works with paint but u wont be able to remove the grid if u dont sit there and brushes over all the grid lines and paint unforntely dont have layers so they wont be any layers style's like glow

here is a verson made by paint ( by me :P ) I am lazy today so just took the name, lore and price lines properly :blush:

FierySword-2.jpg

just so u get the point

but if u realy like editing photos and stuff get adobe I am still stuck with photoshop elements 2.0 (from 2002 I think) so I will upgrade soon :)

Oh I need to make lots more stats boxes. :blush: It's kinda fun actually. Ok, well maybe the process isn't as fun as the end reward, heh.

Nice work there Erling and ouch. That must have been very difficult to do in paintshop. It isn't easy cleaning up those boxes. You must have a lot of patience. :P

hehe as u see my patience broke after 3 lines :4rofl:

my school is a patience trainer when some of us know more than the teacher and she have to google my answers to check them...

Edited by Erling