Musings of a slightly mad woman

I don't know about anyone esle, though I'm pretty sure it's the same for us all in one way or another but music....music...I just can't live without it. Sure I like the quiet and peaceful moments but even then I have to puncutate it with something any piece of music. I choose what I listen to with a thought for how I feel at times then other times I love to stick on something I haven't heard in ages or find something totally new and I find my mood lifts, even if its a sad piece of music or a sad song, it lifts me and all starts to feel better with the world again.

I spend rather a lot of time in my car driving the kids to and from school and nursery sitting in waaay to much traffic, not to mention ferrying them around for other things.( the school run has been known to take 2 hours there and back :o) Recently someone broke into my car and stole the radio.haha it'll chew all yer tapes :P ..ack for almost 2 weeks we were all in that car going backwards and forwards from place to place without any music....I noticed how much this lack of music seemed to make them and myself irritable sitting in queues of traffic, finally we now have a shinny new stereo in the car woot this one plays cd's too lol. We are all so much more chilled out again with music to listen to.

Today the traffic was moderately heavy and my journey back was fairly quick now I'm sitting here listening to LemonJelly Spacewalk and just enjoying the feeling I get....I'm relaxed and happy...I love the way music can take your imagination to a whole new level...I just can't imagine a world without music for me it would be like a world without feeling :o

GoGo I love your thread 'What are you listening to' it inspires me and makes me glad we can all share our music :hugz:

Guest gogoblender

thank you for the compliment Erialc! And you're right! I forget how we all seem to connect so heavily to music during times where there IS not music, hahah. And...it absolutley makes me go bonkers when I meet peeps who don't seem to realize how important music is to just normaly every day smiley faces. At work the boss has absolutley NO idea of how imortant music is and how it makes people just relax and kick back. lol, he thinks radio is enough...and tons of people over and over and over have told him that Cd's or recorded music is absolutely THE fastest and easiest way of bringing a good mood in. As a result of this...we have speakers that play ping pong with the sound, crackly am, high opera voices on most of the singers that do manage to break through the crackle barrier, and highly irritated, annoyed peeps like me! :P

So, lesson here?

LIsten to what Erialc and gogo says or else!

Bring in da music...fight the system...distribute more tape chewing tape players to all sordid, mealy-mouthed criminals!

*Whappish!*

:hell:

gogo

p.s. ahhh, yer right Erialc...I do feel so much better now!

:devil:

Couldn't agree more! Music has such a force to it. Call me crazy but I find, when I'm alone with my music walking down the street, music becomes a story and my imagination unfolds before me.

This in particular I notice about music. It REALLY gets my creativity going. My most favorate ideas come about while listening to music and I have no doubt that mood is tied in with that.

When I first started working at my present job I would mix cd's to play at work. My desk is at the entry way of a relatively small tennis club and so any who entered would hear the music when they came in. These members were in the ages of 50-80 and so I geared my music selection towards this age group while satisfying my own tastes as well. I chose lounge and electro jazz of the tamer kind and the folks seemed ok with it. Once in a while I would catch a member sorta "lingering" around looking as though they were reading something on our cork board. After a few minutes they would turn to me and say, "What is this?". With an interest in hearing it again. This sort of thing makes me happy because it means they are enjoying the atmosphere. I stopped playing music a few months ago for lack of a player and every since the members occassionally come to me and ask why I don't play my music anymore.

Personally, and like you said when driving erialc,(YAY! CD player!) and like YOU said when at work gogo, (Grrrrr @ yer boss. He know nothing!) I think that when you add music into an environment it suddenly becomes another place. A better place! :D

That place becomes alive with music.

Without music that place wherever you might be is a barren wasteland to us audioholics!

So let the music play. LOUD!

Mark Rae: Lavish

Hi Fi Killers: Thru the cracks

J Boogie: Rosada Flor

Jaffa: Sneakin

Swayzak: Kensal Rising

Vinyl: Phatty

Llorca: The Novel Sound

Cheers to music! :drink: :drink:

GoGo...we'll have to hypnotise your boss into seeing the light...Dark...oh into playing something thats better than a crackle hiss and pop opera divas are ok but they have to heard right!

Schot...wow your post is excellent...I love those links...you have me waking up with a smile on my face :hugz: Like with GoGo we'll have to figure a way to get you music back at work I bet your members loved it!

I can't stand to be without music and it's so great to listen to something new :)

Thanks GoGo and Schot :wuv: I'm waking up sooo nicely now....*dances away to to the music*

Oh WOW epitonic radio...haha it's fast and the choices are excellent :D:D:D

Oh yah, epitonic radio. I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to give that a go today. It seems everything that comes out of epitonic comes out fast. Me likes. :D

• 2 months later...

I never really thought much about music-

it is just so apparent- natural- integrated so much in our life -

that it is so obvious that I often omit what it is about

Thanks for bringing that up and remind us /rofl

I agree with both erialc and gogo. Music does run ppls moods.

I used to run my iPod thru my car stero, via a lil FM transmitter. This ment I had access to nearly 10000 tracks of various mood changing/mood enhacing music. Was lovely.... then some Chav scum half inched my stero. I drove about for a month with no music. Argh!, much empathy with that erialc. Now I've rigged up a crappy PC speaker into my head rest and plugged that directly into the iPod. It doesnt sound as good, but it improved my moods almost striaght away.

Gotta love music, its always on when I am working, helps me concentrate. All I gotta do now is rig up my forklift with speakers. /yay

Guest gogoblender

heh, a forklift with speakers?

you got style firefly!

:)

gogo

p.s. erialc maybe you should just give up on the car and suit yerself up with a turbo-powered forklift.

lol, now that's a machine!

p.s. erialc maybe you should just give up on the car and suit yerself up with a turbo-powered forklift.

lol, now that's a machine!

/rofl

Life surely wouldnt be the same without music!! Music can change your mood, it can change your perspective, it can change your life....

I am fascinated by music and memories...I can put on certain songs and they just take me back to my childhood or my adolescence or just certain eras of my life...It is truly amazing....

/yay /yay /yay

Guest gogoblender

I absolutely agree

It's a poweful mnemonic tool

and one of the best mood enhancers we know of...

akin to smell if I must compare

:D

gogo

Oh yeah Gogo, smells and scents are similar....they can take you back after one sniff /wink

Perfume that reminds me of my Grandma.... /hug

Certain food smells from my childhood.... /drool

Vanilla kisses, the perfume I used as a teenager.... :D

Oh and its so weird how houses have a smell of their own....when I go to my Mums house...the smell is so comforting.... /yay

Our senses are truly amazing...:o

@gogo... I wanna pimp my forklift, but I'm not allowed to

@aurora... I fully agree that music can bring bak memories... so good... some not so good, but all memories that need to be visited from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Music does influence people I agree with GoGo, I notice rap makes people more agressive /unsure

I couldnt live without music whenever I'm at home I'm listening to it.

/oooo I hate school banning music players /mad /oooo

/shok

But hey music still rockz!

/rofl Lol we got the word rockz from msuic too.. :thumbsup: