What do you do when the Main starts running out of room... ?

Well my 129 with the level 6 terra is now missing a lv 30 solar. :-) In the end it was an easy choice as had the res sat on one of my G5 moons after a days heavy farming in G5. So it was either jump in the ships to move it home or run it over to the small planet and deconstruct the level 30. It was a painful waste of 6.4KK metal and 2.5KK xtal, but there will soon be a level 34 metal mine in its place. Also much cheaper to build down from here on in, and much cheaper than a level 7 terra former. Just the intial outlay that hurt.

Once I have mined out those 30 fields I suppose a level 7 terra former will be rather cheap in comparison to the mines I'd be working on at the time!

Well my 129 with the level 6 terra is now missing a lv 30 solar. :-) In the end it was an easy choice as had the res sat on one of my G5 moons after a days heavy farming in G5. So it was either jump in the ships to move it home or run it over to the small planet and deconstruct the level 30. It was a painful waste of 6.4KK metal and 2.5KK xtal, but there will soon be a level 34 metal mine in its place. Also much cheaper to build down from here on in, and much cheaper than a level 7 terra former. Just the intial outlay that hurt.

Once I have mined out those 30 fields I suppose a level 7 terra former will be rather cheap in comparison to the mines I'd be working on at the time!

Another option is deconstructing the missile silo levels (if you have not already), the shipyard (if you don't use it), and forming a moon there to store the res (ship from planet to moon as much as possible), and you can have storage tank levels lower. I assume you don't have any non-essential buildings like fusion reactor already gone from the planet. It has to be hard with 129 fields. =/ Good luck. ^^

Another option is deconstructing the missile silo levels (if you have not already), the shipyard (if you don't use it), and forming a moon there to store the res (ship from planet to moon as much as possible), and you can have storage tank levels lower. I assume you don't have any non-essential buildings like fusion reactor already gone from the planet. It has to be hard with 129 fields. =/ Good luck. ^^

I've paired down that planet as much as I can leaving basic lv 8 shipyard and level 4 silo. There are next to no stores, and no fusion (as it is the work of the devil) It is hardwork but I believe that this planet can still grow (mine wise) as fast as it's bigger brothers, but if I'd known 18 months ago when I started this colony that I'd still be playing then I would not have kept it. (It was the biggest out of 10 attempts)