J'dahn set- Not only for ranged DE's

J’dahn’ielo’s mastery, a very interesting and useful set IMO, since the full set opens up the ability to play a ranged DE. But the set seems to have got a mark of being ranged DE only.

While playing online I’ve quite often asked other players playing a DE if they want a j’dahn piece, the answer is often “noty, I don’t play ranged” etc. I’ve also read a thread or two where it is mentioned that j’dahn is for ranged DE, and nothing more.

I use this set a lot, not full, I use different pieces for different DE’s, since this set is excellent for mix ‘n’ match. Link to J’dahn site at Pevil’s place. Here’s my opinion on the J’dahn pieces themselves.

J’dahn’s wrist guard: This piece is excellent for a melee oriented DE, especially one that’s using attack. Also a nice open wounds bonus and + split, why not use it?

J’dahn’s belt: +RSM, + to constitution, +to phys reg, this belt can be used on most DE builds. IMO it’s one of the best belt you can use on a melee DE.

J’dahn’s breastplate: well, here you got bonus to critical, +all CA’s and plus to armor. You also get another bonus to attack CA, combined with the wrist guards you get high dmg and you save a lot of runes. A great piece for a melee/hybrid DE.

J’dahn’s boots: Not very useful IMO unless you go for the full set. Good speed and agility bonuses, and + to mongoose.

J’dahn’s shoulder guards: This piece I like to use in my trade suits, since it got +all skills and 2 sockets for trade ammys. Also got bonus to both pak-nakor and parry.

J’dahn’s greaves: Bonus to att/def, + 2handed weaps, + pak dain. Combining the shoulders with the greaves while making a pak-nakor/dain combo will save you both runes and shopping time.

J’dahn’s visor of focus (helm): Now this is the best set piece a DE with trade can get IMO, good bonus to trade and 2 sockets to put trade ammys in. It also has a bonus to cobra, and also to experience gained from monsters, so this helm might be fun to try if you wanna level quick in the VoT. Add its bonus to endurance and you got a pretty good helm.

Well, just my thought’s on this set, hehe. I hope that some people that have completely rejected this set might think twice the next time a j’dahn piece drops, you never know. :4rofl:

Edited by Moon_reaper

Sharp Insight on this, Moon

I've never played a DE before, and since I have a whole year to wait till Sacred 2 gets here I guess I'll be lookin at De's soon enough.

I'm gonna note this thead you made and stick it into our equipment section when we get it going.

Cheers!

:4rofl:

gogo

• 1 year later...

got a short question, what on earth is that ranged bonus for? is it kind of an invisible extra? I tried to equip Ettol's bow (requires 10 Ranged Lore) but couldn't. J'Dahn would have given enough points, though. I thought "It's just like Cordell's blade, you equip something that gives enough points and equip the blade." But it didn't work cause a dark elf can't take the Ranged Lore skill. so I was wondering if the RL skill doesn't work with equipping stuff, how does it work then? Is it like you can't equip the stuff but get an invisible bonus or what?

greetings Thanos

got a short question, what on earth is that ranged bonus for? is it kind of an invisible extra? I tried to equip Ettol's bow (requires 10 Ranged Lore) but couldn't. J'Dahn would have given enough points, though. I thought "It's just like Cordell's blade, you equip something that gives enough points and equip the blade." But it didn't work cause a dark elf can't take the Ranged Lore skill. so I was wondering if the RL skill doesn't work with equipping stuff, how does it work then? Is it like you can't equip the stuff but get an invisible bonus or what?

greetings Thanos

The ranged bonus will only apply, like any other skill related bonus if you physically have the skill in the first place. If you don't then it's no skill left to improve either :)

greetings Thanos

The ranged bonus will only apply, like any other skill related bonus if you physically have the skill in the first place. If you don't then it's no skill left to improve either :cow_white:

then what sense does that J'Dahn Set make? A Dark Elf can never take Ranged Lore, never ever, except someone hacked the game, of course. So then why does the set have that kind of bonus, isn't that kind of.. well.. stupid? (don't wanna bite..)