Shopper/Smith Inquisitor Build Questions

Jailbar

It seems to me that the Community Patch adds Bargaining and Blacksmithing to all classes, however I have much interest in playing it the "fair" way and doing it on a class which has it without the patch.

I have already played Shadow Warrior to death years ago, it's always going to be my favorite class. But now I want to ride around on a spider.

To this effect I have a few questions. Please only answer if you have taken a character to Niobium, as they are questions about endgame viability.

1. If I prioritize Bargaining/Blacksmithing/Tactics Lore/Constitution, will this build be strong enough in Niobium? I plan to use a 2handed lightsaber to avoid needing Dual Wield, which helps me to take both Bargaining and Blacksmithing. My understanding is you really get up to 4 skills to focus on for the majority of the game.

2. If I dump all stat points into Vitality, will I still be able to hit things?

3. If I dump all stat points into Willpower (for Lightsaber to-hit and damage), will I die insanely fast?

4. If I split my stat points 50/50 between Vitality/Willpower, would I be strong at both, or weak at both?

5. Who is the best god to take?

Any other tips appreciated. Thanks!

On 10/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, Jailbar said:

It seems to me that the Community Patch adds Bargaining and Blacksmithing to all classes, however I have much interest in playing it the "fair" way and doing it on a class which has it without the patch.

I have already played Shadow Warrior to death years ago, it's always going to be my favorite class. But now I want to ride around on a spider.

To this effect I have a few questions. Please only answer if you have taken a character to Niobium, as they are questions about endgame viability.

1. If I prioritize Bargaining/Blacksmithing/Tactics Lore/Constitution, will this build be strong enough in Niobium? I plan to use a 2handed lightsaber to avoid needing Dual Wield, which helps me to take both Bargaining and Blacksmithing. My understanding is you really get up to 4 skills to focus on for the majority of the game.

3. If I dump all stat points into Willpower (for Lightsaber to-hit and damage), will I die insanely fast?

4. If I split my stat points 50/50 between Vitality/Willpower, would I be strong at both, or weak at both?

Jailbar, I was never really a huge expert Inquisitor player myself, but i adored the Ca's and his history/lore.  Thanks for asking your question, I am hoping this *bump* will once again surface your question to better eyes, maybe some help.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Hey:bye:

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I am hoping this *bump* will once again surface your question to better eyes, maybe some help.

Yep. :D

First of all, here's what I think about guides:

So although I have quite some experience with lots of different Inquisior builds in Niob, I would never tell you how to play the game. I did that once, it was a huge mistake. However I think it's okay if I answer some of your questions that could save you from frustration, but I won't give any recommendations about what or what not to do. One last thing before we start, this is assuming that you play only with the latest CM patch and no other mods.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Jailbar said:

I won't answer that question, however here are four tips that are somewhat related to your build:

1. You get a total of 911 skill points to spend if you wanna reach lvl200, which is enough for all ten skills mastery and additionally getting one of those skills at maxlvl (level 200) and one at level 111. If you wanna get 4 skills at maxlvl, you will have enough skillpoints left for a 5th skill mastery and 32 points left (not including the other 5 skill choice points)

2. You'll have to ask yourself: strong at what? Do you want to be able to bosshunt and sacrifice mass kill speed for that or vice versa? Or do you want both?

3. If you want the same char to be a trader and a blacksmith, you won't have enough gold to do either of those at an effective level. Both is really pricey and all my traders and blacksmiths have been contantly out of money in the past. You could however give him all of your found valuables left to spare and sell them, although that's a lot of work

4. Your attribute points increase as a percentage of your base attribute points on every levelup and the Survival Bonus gives a percentage bonus to that value (after levelup bonus, but before armor boni and stuff). Those increases of your attributes matter way more than the attribute points you're spending. The inquisitor with a base value of 22 has the second to last amount of base Willpower of every character class with the Dryad coming in last with 20, however the Dryad has the amazing Goldenglade Touch which can give HUUGE amounts of Willpower boost. This makes the inquisitor, lacking any way for a good Willpower boost, the worst character for using lightsabers (and the shadow warrior the best, with a base Willpower of 26 (highest in the game) AND the Grim Resilience buff for Willpower boost.) Which does no mean you should not do it, he is definitely able to, but it will be a lot harder to pull off than with other chars. What is worth noting is that the inquisitor has a pretty high Dexterity base value of 27, making Pole weapons a popular choice. I only wrote that because one does not normally think about that, choose whatever you like, he can do anything except 1h+shield, however some things are way harder to pull off than other. Yes, it's possible to do a pure magic caster, but I found it insanely hard and not very satisfying.

Yes or no, depending on the rest of your build.

Some possible things that help in the AV/DV check from most to least effective per category:

CAs:

-Soul Reaver buff, but that won't help you at bossfighting.

-Paralyzing dread and Frenetic Fervor work great together, if you want to mod them that way.

-all of his weapon based CAs give a boost to AV, but only for the CA

-dislodged spirit (via dexterity debuff)

Skills:

-the correct Weapon Lore to your Weapon (including dual wield, which replaces the wepon lores of your wepon, so the only reason to skill both is for the item modifiers that are unlocked by one of those skills)

-Speed Lore

-Combat Reflexes does NOT give you AV (I believed that for a long time when I was inexperienced)

Gear:

-chance that opponents cannot evade Attack gear

-anything with AV

-chance for double hit, critical hit, open wounds, deep wounds etc. do NOT work, they only trigger after the AV/DV check has been successfull and afaik the double hit even needs to go through a second AV/DV check (correct me if I'm wrong)

(btw AV = Attack value, DV=Defense value)

As I already explained, the inquisitor has very low Willpower in General. His base value for Vitality is 23, which is mediocre when compared to other characters, but absolutely horrible when compared to the damage you receive especially when you keep in mind that the inquisitor does not have a protective buff and cannot wear shields. So you will always be weak at both, no matter where you spend your attribute points. What matters more are your skill, armor and relic choices.

For me there are basically two ways he can build his defenses:

The more standard one is the Armor Lore/Toughness/Constitution/LL(% and flat value) synergy. If I do that, I mostly dump all of my points into vitality.

It is also possible to try to not even get hit in the first place, I did that multiple times with the Reverse Polarity buff and stacking lots and lots of DV (he has high Dexterity) and spell resistance. Combine that with his high debuff potential and you got yourself a build. It works, but not great, however if you manage to pull it off, it frees you your attribute points, which means you could (more or less) safely spend everything on Willpower if you like. And on top of that you're truly invincible and not just very very tough.

However there are some downsides. Just remeber that this is luck based, all it takes is one hit in niob and you're dead. And this totally eliminates his damage of enraged player potential. And then you probably want to skill armor lore just for the regtimes, which would be a waste you'd need to take.

Try to find your own way.

I won't answer that question.

OK. I've done lots and lots of pure spellcaster Inquisitors, and this is definitely not easy but I don't go with people who say that this disqualifies him as a beginners char because it is a great learning experience. However I assume that you're searching for an easy and reliable build and you only chose inquisitor because he has both blacksmithing and bargaining? Then take a look at this sword, this inspired my today (in terms of level, killing speed and fun) most successfull melee inquisitor.