Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

My goodness...I missed out on the round... forgive me... how about...hmmm... something wonderful and wild and...perhaps..herbalicious?

herradura-tequila-mojito.jpg

ooooh yeah

:drunkards:

gogo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys

I'm following the devastation happening in Texas, and my heart's broken. I now we have members here from that state and surrounding, I hope you're safe, and your families!

:hugs:

gogo

My family and I are safe and dry, yet I was born in, and relatively live near Houston. Gasoline is now in short supply and the price has increased by about $.30 per gallon. Thanks for your concern, but rest assured that we Texas help our neighbors, even if they live on the other side of the state. We do what needs to be done and don't complain about it or ask for compensation for our efforts. That's quite simply who we are.

I was hoping you were keeping safe, Hooyaah, Love your supportive sentiment! I've seen the flood get everywhere, supposed to sbe the most amount of rain ever recordered in continental US in history :oooo:

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

I cant believe it either... and in MINUTES. If someone had told me that this kind of inundatation was at all possible, I would never hve believed it.

Like something out of a weather/horror movie

I cant imagine the panic that started to ensue and fear while waiting for chopppers to come pull you out of your home

:(

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

timo!!!! So good seeing you here on the boards man, what cheers!

:hugs:

YOu and wife keeping good? How goes stuff on the game and hardware front... able to keep up?

:)

gogo

Hah she's not the wife... yet...But actually, just yesterday we celebrated our anniversary of 11 years and we are doing fine, in every way possible. Sadly, the biggest thing happening this year is that I lost my grandmother from my mother's side of the family last month. It was a sad situation where she was suffering more psychologically than we ever knew, physically she was doing OK-ish....

Oh and our summer holiday was spent in Canada this year :) sadly not your part of Canada since you guys are up in Quebec right? We went to BC, it was L-O-V-E-L-Y.

Game-wise, I've dabbled about in the Witcher and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and played through DeathSpank but I have been gaming very little... I actually got a second hand Wii for cheap so we can game from the couch a little bit haha.

At least my hardware is being kept up to date as much as possible. My pre-built PC, a Medion, came with a dual core Intel i3-4160, 8GB Ram and a GTX750. At the moment it has a GTX1050ti, 16 GB Ram and I have a quadcore I5-4590S with aftermarket cooler ready to install. And we still have to finish our desks, so we can fit our new-to-us-but-second-hand BENQ 24 inch MVA panels. If I find the time :coffeecup:

How's everyone else around here doing? *pours a few beers*

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

I'm sorry too hear about your gramma, my condolences :(  My Ammamma is still alive actually, and she's in a close to two hours from me.  I try to get there once a week, always bring lunch, and we sit there and just veg out together on videos I bring on my tablet, or she listens to me unload (lol she doesn't remember so much anymore, so she's the best listener :hugs:)  

*takes one of timo's expertly poured proferred beers*.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh! ^^

Re games... well, we're spending a lot of time with Flix's new mod for Diablo 2 lately.. The Fallen... it's completely changed the game, and has been given rave reviews...probably one of the largest mod endeavours ever  with a hard working team.  

But, I know what you mean about new games...and me and Schot have indeed beein lookin gat something new and shiny lately ... VERy new... we're hoping to bring it up for discussion this weekend for the community and see where it does, and who wants to play

:crazy:

gogo

It's just a shame that the current hot genres are the survival- and king-of-the-hill type games, which mostly aren't that interesting to the RPG-lovers. And there haven't really been any good, deep, MP hack'n'slash games lately, have there?

3 minutes ago, lujate said:

IMO, the only game in the genre since Sacred 2 is D3 on console.

I know Grim Dawn is popular with many people here however.

Yeah, D3 is fun, but in a different way to Sacred.

Only gaming I've been doing lately is on a Nintendo Switch - Zelda Breath of the Wild is simply awesome and the switch means I can play it on the train to and from work, when I don't normally have a lot of time for gaming otherwise.

• Like! 1

I actually liked the demo of D3 but I never picked up the game :) and I found Grim dawn to look like a carbon copy of Titan Quest to me, a game I've tried many times but never really got into... 

Maybe that's why I am having difficulty in finding new games to like :P 

Edited by Timotheus

I consider looking for games to be like panning for gold.

I have a Wii U (worst purchase ever), so I saw the Nintendo ads for the new Zelda.  I thought about it, but didn't want to invest more in a dead platform (Wii U).

10 hours ago, lujate said:

I consider looking for games to be like panning for gold.

I have a Wii U (worst purchase ever), so I saw the Nintendo ads for the new Zelda.  I thought about it, but didn't want to invest more in a dead platform (Wii U).

If you do end up thinking about investing, if anything is worth it, it's Zelda. The game is pretty darn great.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, Dragon Brother said:

Only gaming I've been doing lately is on a Nintendo Switch - Zelda Breath of the Wild is simply awesome and the switch

Omg I want the Switch!  Uuuuuh...  Sorry.  Carry on.  :D

On 9/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, Dragon Brother said:

Yeah, D3 is fun, but in a different way to Sacred.

Only gaming I've been doing lately is on a Nintendo Switch - Zelda Breath of the Wild is simply awesome and the switch means I can play it on the train to and from work, when I don't normally have a lot of time for gaming otherwise.

Heard LOADS about the switch!  I mean..its such a tiny portable console though... what's the big draw then? 

maybe I need some nudging or convincing to get one

:lol:

gogo

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Heard LOADS about the switch!  I mean..its such a tiny portable console though... what's the big draw then? 

gogo

From the ads, it's supposed to be a full power console to play on your TV at home. Then you undock it and it becomes a handheld gaming device. Then you can extend the built-in stand, remove the two 1H controllers and play that way. With some games, you can give one of the 1H controllers to a second person and play two player.

I've never actually used one, but it does sound innovative.

IDK, many reviews compare Zelda with Skyrim which is bad IMO.

8 hours ago, lujate said:

From the ads, it's supposed to be a full power console to play on your TV at home. Then you undock it and it becomes a handheld gaming device. Then you can extend the built-in stand, remove the two 1H controllers and play that way. With some games, you can give one of the 1H controllers to a second person and play two player.

Ahhhh... that's it... kind of like e convertible...that is innovative..I've only seen screenies from it being held in a hand, and the version of "Doom" I was was just astonishing... Ill see if I can find actual images for large screen..if it can hit HD I'd say they have a winner on their hands

gogo

On 9/24/2017 at 11:57 AM, gogoblender said:

gogo

The big draw is probably the same as all Nintendo consoles - the Nintendo first party games. There's already the new Zelda, Mario Kart (remake of the Wii U version), a new open world Mario game towards the end of October, apparently a traditional Pokemon game (if you're into that) and heaps more. Plus (especially in comparison to the Wii U) it seems like there's some decent indie developer support and even some third party support (Skyrim, Doom, Mario vs. Rabbids [which is meant to be great if you love XCOM], etc.). Admittedly the third party games are probably ones people have played before on more powerful consoles, but some of them like Mario vs. Rabbids are new and are meant to be pretty darn good!

On 9/24/2017 at 10:08 AM, Schot said:

Omg I want the Switch!  Uuuuuh...  Sorry.  Carry on.  :D

Doooo ittt!

On 9/25/2017 at 11:53 AM, lujate said:

Exactly that, the reduced resolution of the console is masked by the small screen when portable, and most games increase the resolution when  docked to give a better alrge scrren display. It's not exactly full power compared to traditional consoles, but it's no slouch either.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:45 PM, gogoblender said:

Ahhhh... that's it... kind of like e convertible...that is innovative..I've only seen screenies from it being held in a hand, and the version of "Doom" I was was just astonishing... Ill see if I can find actual images for large screen..if it can hit HD I'd say they have a winner on their hands

gogo

Depending on the game it looks pretty good on a typical Full HD tv.

A great read DB.. just cant get over how Nintendo just keeps themelves relevant over all these years. Surely this must be the first portable console that can connect to a big screen experience? That's incredible tech. I saw some scenes from Mario and the Rabids... the gameplay and environments look sick

:o

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...