Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

I think the sad day has come to accept the inevitable. I've killed Morrowind :twitch:

I can't play more than literally 2 minutes without a CTD. Resting causes a CTD, loading a quicksave causes a CTD, even stepping into the wrong cell causes one. I'll need to reinstall, but I don't want to lose the 150+ mods I have running with it, plus script editors and the likes. Sad day. I don't want to revert to playing Oblivion either, because it's just not as good :sigh:

Gin and tonic for me. Need to get studying.

that really sucks, thats what happened with me and baldur's gate back in the day. I just bought oblivion for the 360, love it.

-Total

never played morrowind but baldur's gate bring back some memories ... my advice for oblivion on the 360 is enjoy it a lil at a time ..... if you play for too long without doing other stuff with your spare time it gets somewhat repetitive and then it will sit in its case for 3-4 months ..... balance is the key to enjoying a single player game like oblivion without getting bored halfway through the game :twitch:

My advice for Oblivion: Ignore the main quest. In fact, ignore most the faction quests. All except the Dark Brotherhood suck. Main quest is just "close teh oblivion gate!" and mages guild is just "kill teh nekromancers!". Other side quests are good though. So many good things were promised for that game that never saw the light (some understandably, but some blatant lies were told), and so many good features were removed that had been in the previous games. As great a game as Morrowind is, I've lost a lot of trust for Bethesda, and I fear for Fallout 3 and TES V.

It's funny some of the threads in the Oblivion section at the Bethsoft forums. I saw one which was discussing things they'd have liked to have seen in Oblivion. Loads of people were saying a joinable Imperial Legion, joinable Imperial Cult, etc. Most of those new to the series didn't know that Morrowind had all them and more. Morrowind just had such a wealth of factions. Mage's guild, Fighter's guild, Imperial legion, Imperial cult, Temple, Morag Tong, 3 Great Houses and 3 vampire clans, of which you could only join one per game... And the land, while technically smaller than Oblivion in terms of square miles, had far more packed into it and was so much more varied, to the extent of seeming so much larger. And it had werewolves! When you get bored of Oblivion pick up Morrowind. You can get the GOTY version for only about £10 these days.

Edited by th3undon3on3

My advice for Oblivion: get mods. Well, if you're playing on pc. I could never go back to vanilla, mods keep the game enjoyable and challenging. And yep, shame about the quest lines. But tbh, while Morrowind offered more quest, they werent very varied either. Main quest was awesome though

and hey bonus for morrowind, the graphics requirement is MUCH lower. So it runs fantastic on my system... I love both actually. but I like how morrowind ran out of the box great and oblivion not so much...

Yeah, a lot of effort goes into the TES wiki and similar sites. I'd actually say the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages actually eclipse the official wiki by far now. If it's about TES, it's on there. The Imperial Library also has every TES ingame book written I believe. Some of them are sheer genius. Read the 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 14 I believe it is :(

EDIT: Morrowind barely touches your graphics card, it just hogs your processor power. Because of this, mods have been made to give Morrowind near Oblivion-like graphics, albeit not so cartoonish. Check out this.

I bought Oblivion on release. It took about a month to get it working. It seems Bethesda "forgot" to optimize it. Morrowind came with its fair share of bugs on release as well though. Daggerfall was one of the most brilliant games ever, but it was bugged to the point of being almost unplayable.

Edited by th3undon3on3

oops sorry, lol, that was what I meant, heh...I love that wiki. In fact, we keep refering to it as the standard by which all wikis are created. In terms of pure polish, content, graphics, and artistry that delights, there's nothing else on the web like it...cept maybe...

the muppet wiki?

:(

gogo

Yeah, I know some of the guys on that from the forums. One of them got made a moderator not too long ago as well.

If easter eggs is your thing, Morrowind has the best. First, you need to get the sword Goldbrand from the most obscure Daedric shrine quest. Then you need to be a vampire, and get an obscure quest from a mages guild member. Then you need to have exactly 11171 gold in your inventory when you report success to get Goldbrand changed into Eltonbrand. Bluedev (Mark Nelson) is one of the craziest and best devs in the business in my opinion. I only found this easter egg by closely reading dialogue in the construction set.

EDIT: Yay/damn, Princess_Stomper just got made a moderator. Yay because she's nice and friendly, but damn because she makes some great mods for MW and Oblivion, and may not have as much time anymore :(

Edited by th3undon3on3

I'd like to move my house to somewhere where snow is a strange and foreign concept.... we got another 12 inches last night. My area now has something like 120 inches for the season so far and guess what? Its still snowing...

I had to shovel the 50' walk to the parking lot to my car which I had to shovel out and then move to clear the rest of the snow off and then get 3 yr old bundled and into the car to drive to day care and then school. And this wasnt the fluffy stuff, no this was the heavy snowman type snow.... I hurt all over and feel like I worked a whole day already I'm so tired...

Can I get a cup of mint tea with something (non caffiene related) to give me some energy? And a warm blanky and a pillow in the dark corner over there to snuggle in....

And did the earthquake wake up our british members today?

It's official... Totalman is sick... idk how, guess I caught it from one of the 10-15s this past week... fever breakin 101... =(. guys, drink your OJ and vitamin C and stuff, its no fun to be sick. on a bright note, one of our guys got an email from his brother, (also a cop)... this guy confiscated a fake driver's license with a picture of this dude and his girlfriend in one of those little photo-booths you see at beaches as the picture on it. NOTE TO EVERYONE HERE - WHEN MAKING A FAKE ID, USE A PICTURE CONTAINING ONLY 1 PERSON IN IT!! YOURSELF! what a goober. well, I'm off to sleepyland, take care all! (AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE SNOW GENENUT!! all we get here is rain now =( )

-Total

I was too far north to feel the earthquake. Which is just as well given that I was getting some much needed shut eye.

Been in a strange mood recently. Life's strange.

EDIT: Ok, now I'm seriously piffed off. Just got an email.

73659668rx8.jpg

The petition:

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to The title "Engineer" be legally protected to those with a grade of professional qualification registered with the Engineering Council."

Details of Petition:

"Anyone in the UK can call themselves an "engineer". I think that this should be protected in law in the same way as an architect or medical doctor is. This would mean that engineers are only those registered with the Engineering Council (e.g. Chartered Engineer). This should be in parallel with ensuring that only registered engineers can work on certain things in line with professional qualification and experience along the lines that of the legally protected reservoir engineer. Finally, it would mean that the final approval to any engineering process would require a registered engineer of whichever level reflected the process."

Signatures: 35,351

The full government respose.

And the only relevant part:

It is true that there is nothing to stop anyone from describing themselves as an "engineer" but only those individuals who have a current registration on the ECUK Register of Qualified Engineers and Technicians may use the professional titles of Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer and Engineering Technician. It would not be practical or appropriate for the Government to attempt to introduce new legislation on this matter.
Edited by th3undon3on3

another blizzard here... Dawn, You hangin in there:)

Warm slippers and warm drinks for all who are chilly this morning :)

hahaha Ive never downhill skied! don't want to either.. I know better... first time down? Ill break a leg... Safer to just hangout in the bar! :)

hahaha Ive never downhill skied! don't want to either.. I know better... first time down? Ill break a leg... Safer to just hangout in the bar! ;)

Ahh every friend I have thought to ski has said that. Oh now if I fall I will break a leg. :) And I still havnt seen a any of them with a broken leg. When are you on the top the weather is clear the sun is shinning and you look around before you start to ski nothing compares to that. :3lmao:

Ah Id rather have a sled to be honest! hahaha

Had several friends who would take sleds off the mountains after the lifts were closed for the night. AH the good old days of working at a resort. Never got the chance to but I knew I could roll off a sled without breaking anything... but if I fell on skis?

I broke my arm as a kid, Didn't want to break another bone if I can help it :)

Hehe Ok then Ari the only thing that comes to mind is we change places. I like the cod and show and you can come here its where worm some 23C today. There was some African heat wave that came this way. :)

Kat , I used to work in the local ER to 6 major ski areas... trust me MANY do not pass the first run down the slopes ... :lol: ... some dont even make it past the parking lot at their hotel the night before (slip on the ice badly) but for those who pass the parking lot test that 1st run tends to do them in and those that is doesnt tend to get it on thier "ooh I can fit just one more run in today" last run of the day...

You can tell if they snowboard or ski by the injuries ... :lol:

*Kisses bar* *falls on floor and hugs the ground* Runs around room hugging everyone* OMG Your all alive!!

Oh its so good to see the forum! the real forum! Ive been stuck in the "twilight zone" of the old forum... all alone.... like the last person on the planet alone... Its been fun spamming it.. but not as rewarding cause no one else can read it... Not sure whats going on, but Im sure happy to get a few minutes of the real one! Not sure how long Ill have it.. so just glad to be here!!

*kissed bar again*

I neeeeed a drink!

Please please please can we have our independence now?

Looking at the BBC Scotland listings, I can watch two English FA cup games (crap teams playing for the record), but neither of the Scottish Cup games (involving four of the top 6 in Scotland) >_>

I wants good football!