Commentary on D.a.r.k. Safari, Treasure Hunt and Silly Messages

Ah good question Myles. I'm going to look at some options that will allow you folks to easily send me what you have. I'm thinking that you could put all the pics, (Preferably just the .tga versions), in a folder and then compress the folder into a zip file and then upload the zip to a file uploading site. Once that is done then you could just send me the link to download the zip file.

A note about the screenshots folks are cropping:

When I was making my submissions for the Treasure hunt I noticed that the .jpg screenshots weren't all that great so I took a look at the .tga pics that seem to come along with Sacred screenshots. I don't know if this is the case for everyone but whenever I take a screenshot in Sacred I get 2 pics. The .jpg and a .tga which are both pics of the same image only the .tga is of much much higher quality. So I would suggest that folks use the .tga and crop that as a submission to the Treasure Hunt.

For now though we should stick to the format that gogo has set up. Continue your submissions as it has been. Once our list list is complete, or very close to, I'll start collecting what everyone has. :(

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can work with a template if you explain it a bit schot, its better than pushing all these files around. :paladin:

And less work for you. :D You just concentrate on making darkmatter more beautiful.

*hint* And something about table *hint* :paladin:

Edit: oh I see the Dirk of Pestilence you posted just now!! That used to be my absolute favourite for my BM. Until the Prototype sword that is. :)

Ah I will double post sry.

How sad I didn't save most of the tga files on my capture. :) You are right the tga are much better.

yee haw!

The uniques thread has taken off, thanks tons Myles and Silearth for the submissions. Also a reminder to please check the first post which contains the index of all the items and levels in this thead.

Since we are only maintaining data on the highest level uniques found, please make sure yours is higher than what is already here.

Thanks guys!

:)

gogo

lol. Suuuuuuure Myles. :P

Great job on your pics dude! I'll see if I can type something up in the Photoshop forum for you to follow. Share mah secret and all that, hehe. Would be great to see how well I am able to give instuctions. *gulp!* :P

You used the Dirk? Was it for the leach? *goes off to read the Dirk of Pestilence stats again*

*reads hint* I don't get it? What is this tables you speak of? :P

P.s.

Myles, I've made a video tutorial on the ideal way to take your screenshot and a 2nd video that shows how I cleaned up the screenshot in photoshop. Just waiting for Stage6, (video uploading site I use), to approve and publish my vids. Ugh. Hate waiting.

:P Many thanks for the video, I never get the alpha channel thing and so on... so that would be very helpful.

Btw, for the life of me I cannot find out what I missed in the unique thread!... the count is off by two.

105 post - 1 post (index) = 104 posts. But there only 103 items in the index!! :P

Worse, after I search in vain in the index, one of the item is not even there among the posts! So only 102 now, and I don't see any duplicate so far (but my eyes are spinning right now so tell if if you see it, plz :D )

Ps. @ Schot: Dirk of Pestilence carries two slots, plus very decent leech, and critical! Every Plus BM I have carried one, and that was the only leech I had for them. More, one of the BM is a hybrid dagger ROI build, the only hybrid that I played comfortably in Niob. :P

And as I said, now the Prototype sword is so ez to get that I no longer crazily hunt for the Dirk anymore. :P

Btw, for the life of me I cannot find out what I missed in the unique thread!... the count is off by two.

105 post - 1 post (index) = 104 posts. But there only 103 items in the index!!! :P

Worse, after I search in vain in the index, one of the item is not even there among the posts! So only 102 now, and I don't see any duplicate so far (but my eyes are spinning right now so tell if if you see it, plz :P )

*runs away screaming and hides* :P

Oh poor Myles. haha. I noticed you've been working a long time on that list. Must be quite a headache. Well something that might help you is the "search topic" function. At the bottom of any page of a topic there is a field that says "Enter Keywords" and a plain button that says "Search Topic". It's right under the "Send PM" button of the last persons post. Use it to, as it says, do a word search within the topic only. Oh and make sure your spelling is exact. hope that can help you. :P

Yeah the search topic is useful, but so far I only managed to track down gogo's spelling errors. :P

Oh gosh I will make dinner and come back later. :P

Hey Myles. I found the missing 2 entries. Post #86 and #87 were not in the master list. I put them in. Oh and I found the (disappeared) entry as well. Noted in the list as (Found!).

Cheers. :P

Thx! So was I just blind or what? :P

Edit: Oh my god, they are my entries too!! :P Arghhhhhh!

Edit: sigh I gave up on the jpg I took a long time ago, their quality is not good. I will just crop them and hope some of you find a higher level of that. :P

I found the extra item in the index, I found it. :D

It made no sense! All the index items can be found in the posts, none of the index name has been doubled.

Finally I had enough and crossed off a numberlist. :D

Turns out one of the item is indeed listed twice, one index entry missing the first character (that's y its still searchable). :D

Wow...Schot just showed me a most wicked/fast way to do the Schottian Method of photographing uniques.

Love it!

Check it out here

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6772053

K, I'm convinced...this is how I'm gonan do em from now on.

Oowah!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. running a lan like he said is the best way cuz you have to clear out all yer items in inventory to get a good dark background.

Wow, when our database is finally all put together it's gonna be schot! wait, I mean Hot!

:whistle:

Sorry for the double post...

Wow, Myles you got a ton of stuff!

And I'm lovin the new schot method...by using those tga files , the images are so clear and I can read everying finally!

Also I"ve found a way to get my arrow right perfrect on the corner of the pics item now so I hardly get the cursor in the pictures anymore...yee haw, I never thought I'd get the hang of this but it's actually turning out to be fun!

ooh, schot you made a believer outta me

:whistle:

gogo

Oh Its the beginning... Yeah the tga are way better. Sadly these jpg are all that I have left, I gave those items away long time ago. :4rofl:

I will go back in Plus and see if I have still any physical copy of uniques left though.

Told ya I have a lot, good thing you guys posted some of those with tga already, save me the work :whistle:.

Hey myles, me and schot were just wondering...

how many uniques are there in all of the game?

:)

gogo

btw, I just posted a higher level of sleep :P and...two new chrysoprases...man I love those ringys!

Hmm, there was once a message that was related to e-mails. (in either original sacred or plus, can't remember exactly)

It was pretty funny, but it was later removed due to the fact that there was a bug in the game that caused it to hang at the loading screen at that message. It was completely unrelated to the message but people kept asking on the forum about the game violating their computer security.

Does anyone remember what was the exact sentence?

Hmm, there was once a message that was related to e-mails. (in either original sacred or plus, can't remember exactly)

It was pretty funny, but it was later removed due to the fact that there was a bug in the game that caused it to hang at the loading screen at that message. It was completely unrelated to the message but people kept asking on the forum about the game violating their computer security.

Does anyone remember what was the exact sentence?

hey indy, lol, I moved yer post over here cuz the thread you posted it on was a collection thread for silly messages.

And, I'm trying to think of that message you're talking about and you're right, it was BECAUSE of that one message that Ascaron then changed all the messages.

Funny thing is Schot says that all the messages ever since that time have always been dull and never as fun...but at the time when the message WERE fun there were so many crashes and so many bugs that Ascaron just didnt' have that "stretch" that comedy allows.

:P

gogo

Hey myles, me and schot were just wondering...

how many uniques are there in all of the game?

:P

gogo

btw, I just posted a higher level of sleep :D and...two new chrysoprases...man I love those ringys!

You are asking me a question I can't answer lol :P

A lot more than this. :)

Oh and who among you have a Niob character, go fetch a Throwyn Club, Jason Items, Enlightened Iron, Alibion (or some similar spelling), Prototype swords, Dragon scale, Orbus Dracus (or whatever it is spelled). All these are quests item or easter egg.

Oh team up and get the babylon 5 item too (yeah it needs lots of luck for it to spawn the unique one).

oh you don't know gogo? the item you see in that babylon 5 easter egg is REAL!

The trick is gang up with a necro team, NPC team, or just a team, and all spread out and rush for it. The beam would instant kill one at a time, but with enough cannon fodder somebody could pick up that item!

Dying afterward is ok, you will still have it in the inventory when you "revive". That item is not some superb item though, not worth using. Just for keeping and showing off. :P