A brand new Sacred 2 Movie: Weather and Gore...Finally!

Wowoah!

Gamestar does it again, this time with in-game footage I've never seen before.

Detail on this in-game video is sweet...check out the gore when the Shadow Warrior takes a swipe!

Enjoy!

:cow_white:

gogo

Guys check out the details...

In a way, this video kind of scares me...I can almost "feel" it chugging...can you?

Stubbie over at Clan DA has just commented that this game may need a behemoth of a machine to run and frankly I agree.

Things to notice in this video:

-Shaodows

-Incredible scaling of foreground background

-Weather effects (huge machine buster right there :bye:)

-Gore effects.

-Physics...notice the way the goblin flies off in a natural manner then crumples as he lands?

This is Ascaron at their best.

Remembering small things that "key" in with what we appreciate then magicking them to life.

I can only imagine what this will be like when we finally get our hands on it.

:butcher:

gogo

Just a small note here :bye:

remember that the gfx engine is still not performance optimzed, the game itself is still alpha status, so don't worry -- the narrator says that the game will run on a 68xx smoothly and a 2 GHz CPU with the details shown in the vid.

The game also will take advantage of dual core machines, but it's not a must. Also it will be released for DX9 first and maybe later or parallel for DX10.

Cheers!

Pyx

So it's being made to run on dualcore?

Does this mean if I save all the money in my piggy bank I should go Dual Core instead?

Do you have a personal recommendation for a maniac gamer here?

:bye:

gogo

Ascaron will use all possible advantages of nowadays pc technology. but as I said, it's not a must to have dual core, or Vista and a DX10 gfx. It's only a choice for the user.

Sure, with DX10, with the Aegia Phsyx Card, with 2 or 3 megs of ram, with a dual core you can enjoy the game with all settings maxed out. But I believe that with a middle class gamer PC (which most of the users have) the game will also be an eyecatcher and running smoothly to have fun with it :)

Pyx

Edited by PowerPyx

ahh, and that's what I wanted to hear. What exactly it would take to run the game at max setting.

Okay...I'm gonna start using my piggy bank right away.

Only a year left to go

:)

gogo

p.s. I also wanted to know if you could tell us what about the new Sacred 2 game that you've seen so far that excites you the most.

Sound?

Graphics?

Builds?

MP possibilites?

Since you're so close to Ascaron and Sacred from the beginning you must have something that excites you the most?

this vid is so much more fun even when you understand what the guy is saying :4rofl::4rofl:

Und jetzt halt ich mir die klappe

hilarious :4rofl:

I think I'll go goblin skull collectin in Sacred 2 :3lmao:

Edited by DreDBanGeR

hmm.. what excites me most... good question...

maybe the weather... rain drops fallin down your head *sing* eehr.. no I meant the thing that you can see how the rain flows smoothly down the houses... it looks like ... "real"... the first time I saw it on the big screen at Gütersloh (ascaron headquater) .. I was more then impressed.. after a while I start to think that it's really rainin...

so in general you can say the gfx excites me most... 3D in a perfect... even objects in boxes on the market place are 3D, the salad and all the rest, all real 3D objects, no plain simple textures..

Cheers!

Pyx

PS: I don't want to destroy your thoughts about that head thingy -- but it was no heads. it was the normal drop you can see in the vid... not that much gore as expected eh?

We can see rain running down the side of houses?

Will weather like this have an effect on battles that take place in sacred? Higher chance of slipping, missing things for example?

Or do you think it's just a cosmetic effect?

heckuva great effect though

gogo

We can see rain running down the side of houses?

:)

Will weather like this have an effect on battles that take place in sacred? Higher chance of slipping, missing things for example?

Or do you think it's just a cosmetic effect?

heckuva great effect though

:P

gogo

afaik it's only cosmetic. slipping, missing things etc. are too much rpg-style. you maybe have heard of that ascaron was present at an esport convention held in Colgone. So it's clear that Sacred2 will have alot more A-style then rpg.

Pyx

hehe yeah too much reality can be a turn off in a game...I play to escape and just have fun not to have to tend to a chars every need :P

*thinks of a few games I won't mention*

Pokes Pyx for having stuck that singing in the rain song in my head! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

the weekly writer here,

I think that it is more than I expected of it, but the thnderstorm lightning made the entire screen white, isn't it a bit tóó?

Not that I hate nice graphics and so on, but gameplay goes first, and if I need a tamed beast to play this, then so be it, I'm just going to save up on my money untill the required specifics come out :hugs: if they are not already.

I'm certainly going to stay to look at this every week or so :P keep us posted y'all!

Cheers,

Sylph