Odd problem with my iMac for DarkMatters

When I try to enter any response, be it a post reply, a new post, or even an edited post, the main text field is simply a thin line with no place to enter any text. Fortunately, I have more than one computer, so I am posting on my Windows 10 PC.

I first discovered the problem with the 'Birthdays' topic. I couldn't enter my birthday. After I gave up, I then tried to send someone a PM with the same problem.

I finally tried my PC and at least have a means of typing in a message. I will wait to see if this posts before trying to remember what other information I was going to try to post.

[Added]

Well, that worked and 'Edit' also appears to work. I am using the latest version of Firefox on both computers. I suppose I next need to try another browser on my iMac ...

[Added]

Well, using Safari didn't help, the results were the same. I wonder what my iMac has against DarkMatters? I guess I will be forced to use my PC if I wish to continue communicating.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, Spock said:

When I try to enter any response, be it a post reply, a new post, or even an edited post, the main text field is simply a thin line with no place to enter any text. Fortunately, I have more than one computer, so I am posting on my Windows 10 PC.

I first discovered the problem with the 'Birthdays' topic. I couldn't enter my birthday. After I gave up, I then tried to send someone a PM with the same problem.

I finally tried my PC and at least have a means of typing in a message. I will wait to see if this posts before trying to remember what other information I was going to try to post.

[Added]

Well, that worked and 'Edit' also appears to work. I am using the latest version of Firefox on both computers. I suppose I next need to try another browser on my iMac ...

[Added]

Well, using Safari didn't help, the results were the same. I wonder what my iMac has against DarkMatters? I guess I will be forced to use my PC if I wish to continue communicating.

Apple !!! lol... :viking: I love their stuff but they can have the strangest problems.. specially when trying to reconcile with browsers.... if i understand

you're saying that you can work with DarkMatters via PC...but not your Mac? Have you tried different browsers in your Mac... as well,  updates to the Operating System or permissions re advertising here for the site?

Happy you can at least get through to us through PC!

:hugs:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to Odd problem with my iMac for DarkMatters

I allowed my iMac to performed an update last night and I can now respond using Firefox. I will eventually get around to checking out Safari as well but there is no rush.

Beware, I'm back!

Edited by Spock
  • 1 year later...

I didn't know where to post this, so am posting under a previous post. If there is any problem, please move this post to a more appropriate venue.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been definitely diagnosed with prostate cancer. With that in mind, I would appreciate someone taking over all the Sacred sites I have been holding for others, such as Pevil.

At some time in the past I have given access to Gogo to download everything from that section but haven't heard anything for a while. I would hate for all the content I am safekeeping to disappear into the bit-bucket.

I also have quite a few Fate game Mods that need a home if anyone is interested.

16 hours ago, Spock said:

I didn't know where to post this, so am posting under a previous post. If there is any problem, please move this post to a more appropriate venue.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been definitely diagnosed with prostate cancer. With that in mind, I would appreciate someone taking over all the Sacred sites I have been holding for others, such as Pevil.

At some time in the past I have given access to Gogo to download everything from that section but haven't heard anything for a while. I would hate for all the content I am safekeeping to disappear into the bit-bucket.

I also have quite a few Fate game Mods that need a home if anyone is interested.

Hi Spock, I am sorry to hear about the cancer.  A friend of mine 65 years old, did treatment for it over a month one radiation shot a day ULTRA low radiation over thirty days but they were enormously pleased with the treatment. Sending good vibes old friend.

I've PMed you, so we can chat more

:superman:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

What terrible news Spock. Is there any good side to that news, or is it just basically everything you didn't want to hear? 
Stay strong, and please do keep checking in on us from time to time. 

• Appreciation 1

I now spend most mornings checking my personal forums; usually simply banning would-be spammers. Then I move on to checking to see if there is anything new for select fan fiction stories I'm interested in following; usually only takes minutes. After that, I come here to catch up on any 'Unread Content', thus I'm replying to your post. In the afternoon I usually continue playing Fallout 4, trying to get the multiple Mods I've installed to 'work well with others'. After supper my wife andI cuddle up on the sofa and watch TV.

Today has been a fairly typical day so far.

• Like! 1
On 2/12/2022 at 12:50 PM, Spock said:

Without knowing the prognosis provided by your physician, there is always hope. As many as eighty five percent of all types prostate cancers are discovered in stages one through three. With proper treatment, those in the regional or local stages are commonly diagnosed as disease-free in approximately five years. We all are hopeful for you that you fight this off and enjoy many more years of quality life, Spock. :agreed:

• Appreciation 1

Got a call yesterday from the Radiation Oncologist. Evidently the cancer has spread to a single, nearby lymph node. They will be treating me with hormone therapy for two months to shrink the tumor followed by radiation to kill the last of it. Those are the plans anyway. My wife is hopeful, I am resigned to whatever happens.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:07 AM, Spock said:

Got a call yesterday from the Radiation Oncologist. Evidently the cancer has spread to a single, nearby lymph node. They will be treating me with hormone therapy for two months to shrink the tumor followed by radiation to kill the last of it. Those are the plans anyway. My wife is hopeful, I am resigned to whatever happens.

Sending healing vibes Spock

gogo

Thanks, I can use all the extra 'vibes' I can get. It wouldn't hurt to get certain Fan Fiction writers to speed up their output a bit so I get to finish their stories ...

Oh well, I'll take what I can get. :spock:

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Spock said:

Thanks, I can use all the extra 'vibes' I can get. It wouldn't hurt to get certain Fan Fiction writers to speed up their output a bit so I get to finish their stories ...

Oh well, I'll take what I can get. :spock:

ooooh, shiny new smiley! :D ... I'll take some of those vibes I sent and split some off for me Ammamma. We got called in yesterday early morning  at 7 55 am with a call to muster a family member for a supposed operation for her eyes.  Since about 7 or 8 years now there is a massive cataract growing tween her eyes, and with Covid taking up so many hospital beds, we'd been waiting a long time while her sight dimmed more and more.  We discovered that the original surgeon who was supposed to have operated had been transferred to another hospital do the Covid years, and we had to spend six hours yesterday just redoing all the tests again.  But good news is this new surgeon thinks she's a good patient enough to not have to undergo general anesthesia which can be worriesome and problematic for a 97 year old and is willing to take her on as long as she can bear lying down for thirty minutes per eye.

Guess I'm gonna go in as co-pilot, but the value of eyesight once again could make our painter sing :)

Good thing about good vibes Spock is that the more they're stirred, the more they make.. no limits

Here's so yours and ours success in the coming day!

gogo

I had cataract surgery in both eyes some years ago. It turned out to be simple and had a rapid recovery time. Unfortunately, they were unable to give me 20/10 vision which I used to enjoy when wearing glasses.

I ever realized a cataract could form 'between' the eyes though! :tomato:

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, pevil said:

I randomly remembered you guys (miss you all) last night and was shocked to see this post. I hope you're doing well Spock. I've been considering converting my blog into an actual site again so I could probably take Pevil's Place back at some point (with you keeping it up as well if you like as I wouldn't be updating the Sacred side of things now)

That would be a relief, as I've been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I am on hormone therapy and have recently finished up with radiation treatment. The only reason my site is still up is because I didn't specifically cancel it. Since I'm getting lazier as the days go by, it will probably stay up until my credit card company issue a new card, as they seem to like to do. Things have gotten so bad that I haven't even felt like keeping up with the fora and websites that I usually visit. :(

4 hours ago, Spock said:

That would be a relief, as I've been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I am on hormone therapy and have recently finished up with radiation treatment. The only reason my site is still up is because I didn't specifically cancel it. Since I'm getting lazier as the days go by, it will probably stay up until my credit card company issue a new card, as they seem to like to do. Things have gotten so bad that I haven't even felt like keeping up with the fora and websites that I usually visit. :(

Keep strong!

and sending you the good vibes... they're strangely cow shaped however

:cow: 

Friend of mine got prostate cancer two year ago first doc told him they were gonna implant beads and then radiate them :eek: second one said that instead of coming in for massive radiation over shorter time she would split it over a month, but hed have come come in five times a week.

Worked out well, he's still here and can watch netflix

:gogo:

gogo

ps ...there's no not coming here Spock... not an potion...

I will find you....

i-would-find-you-obsessed.gif

I visit this website every time I'm down in my dungeon where I keep my computers. Recently, I haven't felt like going downstairs much but I will keep your warning in mind.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 4:14 AM, pevil said:

I don't have any 'proper' webspace yet but whenever it's easiest for you/you feel like it/you're in your dungeon I guess zip up my site perhaps and send it over? I'm at a convention this weekend (last day today) so not really around but I'll get on to sorting out the space shortly so it's easier to transfer.

I get the fatigue entirely; thankfully avoided cancer so far but had my own "big C" (Cushing's) so I entirely understand how you feel. But you know we all love you here so all your excess energy, no matter how little, must be directed to these forums ;)

Always awesome being able to share in your good vibes Pevil! The years have been kind to us at least in being able to still meet old friends from what...Gak.. almost twenty years ago?

:oooo:

Spock will never give up his place here, and I cast up on thee...never shall yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:schot:

Pev, Spock submitted his own smiley here... what do you think?

:spock:

gogo