Here I GO...

Fantastic!!

Omg, don't forget to patch up...we're at version 2.28 now.

This game is UBER famous for it's bugginess.

Great...another member on D.a.r.k. Sacred...yeee haw!

:faerie:

gogo

This is the biggest listing of character builds available in all of SAcred-Dom

Claire has just finished indexing and it's pretty comprehensive:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4708

Hope this helps.

And we have TONS of threads running through here, OMG. Plus us. Ask lots about the game cuz we love answering.

Cheers!

:faerie:

gogo

First impression... "wow, I suck." I'm not used to dying in games... but it's been a regular occurance so far. I played for a couple hours yesterday and then had a lot of girlfriend stuff to do, so we'll see how today goes :bow:

Awesome OMG! Another one for Sacred! Sweet! Make sure to buy lots of health pots at the start and pick up any that fall from enemies. Oh and once in a while you might see something twinkle on the ground. Click it and you might get some armor for yourself. :bow:

You should come to this! Kamikaze Sunday

Well, dying in computer games is a good thing, as it is in Sacred, because you won't make thát mistake again. Although you're new, you might be likely to make a lot of mistakes, so therefore die often :P But don't feel bad, we all lost a character or two.. three......four...seventeen....

It is also a advise of mine to NOT start with Hardcore, since when you die then you lose your character. And otherwise you don't, you *just* lose all your SB (Survival Bonus). I strongly recommend playing with everyone else in HC servers but one thing for there, don't go alone, it's like diving, when going alone, no one has got your back covered then. so try to avoid being alone :)

And last but not least, it's good to have more people playing Sacred :) the more the merrier.

What is you ingame name? And at around what times will you be on if you know those times.

Good having you here Stuff :)

Sylph

Sorry about that invitation omgstuff, lol. I was getting way ahead of myself inviting you when it had already started! I saw your post in the Kamikaze but there was SOOOOO much happening ingame that I couldn't get a second to explain things to you. Well it probably would not have worked out being that the enemies were spawning at around level 30, haha. They were tough! I was just so excited that you were playing that I didn't think how complicated it might be... Forgive me! :)

One bit of information that is important and that I think someone mentioned is on how to make your HC(

hardcore.gif

By default that red skull is blue/grey. So when creating your HC character click on the skull to make it red.

There's lots of servers in HC but there are not a lot of people all the time though in Bronze and Silver servers seem to be fairly busy. If you're going to die then do it in Bronze/Silver servers, haha. Beyond that the loss of investment is great and will make you cry. But that's part of the thrill of HC. The rush of nearly dieing and getting to tell the tail. :)

Of course the game has been around for quite some time and so there are several generous Sacred aristocrats among us who can get you up to speed with money and cool items. :) .

We'll definitely hook up though and give you the grand tour that help you on your way to total Ancarian domination!

Cheers dude and I'm totally stoked to know you'll be playing with us! :P

So yeah, I didn't know online characters were seperate from offline... so I actually had a level 1 character. :) I just played for a couple hours and I'm @ level 10... but as I just went back in to a bronze game... I found gold laying on the ground in a bunch of piles... 3 million of it. Now my character has 3 million gold & I don't really know what to do with all of it.

Oh wow! You found that much gold on the island:)! You lucky devil. I hope you waited a little while before scooping it up, haha. It's a common thing for people to move belongings from one character to another by first dropping stuff on island and then returning with a different character to pick the stuff up. Just so you knows. What you want to do with it is go shopping at bmart :D Bmart, which are two merchants side by side in the area Known as Braverock, is the best place for all your weapons, armors and jewelry needs. A lot of us can spend hours just shopping for the best items possible and doing that can make a huge difference to your characters performance.

If you look -->here on a map edited by myles which you can read about -->here you can see where Braverock is. You can easily travel there from the portals under the start island. On the island there is that tower and in it is a ladder going to the portals underground. I believe the Braverock portal is the second one down on the left. Your screen, left. But just to be sure click on the sign post near the portal to find out where it goes. Keep in mind there are safe portals and dangerous portals. Dangerous portals go to areas outside of towns which can land you right in the middle of an over powered mob. Braverock is a safe portal. :P

Here's some very useful info supplied by Nightwolfe on her site. Bravemart.

Cheers dude! Can't wait to show you around. :mad:

This is all very helpful! I actually was just hacking my way around Braverock... & having trouble w/ the level 18-20 monsters (I'm still an 11). I was wondering about portals. Thanks!

When I first started playing years ago, I just went in the way I thought I liked, just go do some things, the first few characters are never the ones that will be perfect. But that is what I think about it, I discovered a lot in the first few weeks, I have played a lot.. a very very much lot of characters, and none of them were the same. Just go and discover the world of ancaria on your own, experiment a bit and try to find your fav character, I have yet to find the character I like best although the Seraphim scores high on the list ^^

Sylph

When I first started playing years ago, I just went in the way I thought I liked, just go do some things, the first few characters are never the ones that will be perfect. But that is what I think about it, I discovered a lot in the first few weeks, I have played a lot.. a very very much lot of characters, and none of them were the same. Just go and discover the world of ancaria on your own, experiment a bit and try to find your fav character, I have yet to find the character I like best although the Seraphim scores high on the list ^^

Sylph

Yeah, I picked a dwarf. I figured that would be an easy starting point, as magic usually makes things more complicated :twitch:.

I have a bunch of seriously noobish questions.

1. What would you guys recommend is the best way to gain experience... The beginning missions don't even seem to be worth it. I've been running around, hacking and slashing... Have any advice on where there would be some good missions to complete?

2. I know how to use portals @ the start to get where I want to be... but is there an easy way to get from place to place while in the game?

3. Do the missions reset themselves every time you go online...? Or does it go server by server... I.e... if I complete missions on a specific server, I won't have to complete them again?

Haha. Someones in a hurry. :twitch:

Well for experience I would say the undead in the desert would be perfect for someone just getting started. The undead south west of Khorad Nur are quite spread out and not too quick and the zombies give a decent amount of experience. Don't forget to drink your mentor pots. ;) Mentor pots will boost up the amount of experience you get per kill for a duration of time. You know you're under the affects of mentor by the yellow halo you have. They are the blue pots and you can only find them. Not buy them. So I would suggest that you reach the town Khorad-Nur first.

There are 4 portal systems I believe. The system under the island. The Sacred Plus portal system, The Underworld portal system and the quest. The Sacred Plus portal system, -->here, is the most largely used system. Find the portals and step into them so that your character will memorize them for future use. The first and simplest one is the Bellvue portal. It's in the starting area of the game. From the island go through the left most above ground portal. You'll be bellvue and need to go straight up from where you are. Past the horse dealer you'll enter a garden of sorts. Go past the first portal you see on the left. That one is only a shortcut portal of sorts. It's only a 2 way portal. Above that you'll find another portal. This one can be memorized by your character and other portals that you have collected will show up white in the list of places that pops up when you step into the portal. That one of course is the Bellvue portal and should now show as white as well as the very bottom place. The Haven Island. Use the map I mentioned to help you get an idea of where they are. :lol:

As for the missions. Quests and missions in MP are not memorized by your character. In the case of MP missions/quests you are affecting the server rather than your character. If the server is empty or becomes empty by you leaving it then all quests are reset. If you complete a quest on a server that has people on it and you leave then the completed quest will remain complete so long as someone is on the server. Basically the way it works is as soon as all players leave a server it resets itself. It goes offline for a matter of seconds and then returns.

Hope that helps! :)

P.s.

A lot of players make it a point to get all portals and they can help you get them if they have. If you see one of the gang just ask us and we'll hook you up with some portal goodness. :sick:

BTW... Are you playing "Closed Multi-player" HC?

BTW... Are you playing "Closed Multi-player" HC?

I'm not playing yet today, but I've been playing in Closed Multi-Player Bronze because I'm still less than level 20.

& Thanks again for all the help. I can't wait to get home from work :twitch:

Although, I have to be sceptical, not many people post in the "Time to Play" thread, somethng needs to be done about that, but what? I'm out of ideas, and I haven't been playing sacred for five days now, my room is empty and everywhere I can walk there is dust on the floor, buggers, I hate moving.

Sylph

Don't forget to drink your mentor pots.

Another handy tip early on is to socket mage runes that give +experience. It's usually later on that I start getting tasty stuff to socket, and even then I split the extra sockets (since you can only get the item out of 1 socket per item) between mage experience runes and vamp lifeleech runes :)