Wounds Increase Damage Dealt (WIDD) vs. Chance to Open Wounds

Hi Guys

I was wondering, what is the difference between Wounds Increase Damage Dealt and Chance to Open Wounds?

With WIDD, the idea seems to be pretty simple: If your health goes down, your damage goes up. However, I don't know what Chance to Open Wounds means. Does WIDD have a % probability of occuring? And this is the chance to open wounds? Are WIDD and CTOW even related? I haven't made a true WIDD build and I am not sure whether CTOW goes hand in hand with it.

With other modifiers, it kind of makes sense how this is used. If you have lifeleech / damage increases your health, and you have damage per hit to your own health, you can have the two cancel each other out, but still use WIDD in the process. As your health goes down, it gives the WIDD bonus, and then lifeleech gives you back the lost hit points. But how does CTOW come into the picture?

Thanks

Z

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Zettt said:

Hi Guys

With WIDD, the idea seems to be pretty simple: If your health goes down, your damage goes up. However, I don't know what Chance to Open Wounds means. Does WIDD have a % probability of occuring?

We used to socket rings with huge percentages of Widd on it ... spend hours at the merchants switching tween them to find a single ring at a time with percentages of thirty or thirty five on it? This was online in those days and so you'd have a group of players online tween the two stalls *shopping* for hours.

Widd rings were very rare, but if you were lucky to be able to find or shop them you could socket them ...with spectacular damage but also with your HP flashing at close to zero if you wanted to really pull out the damage from the highest risk at lowest level of HP :D

:lol:

gogo

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Chance for open wounds applies to enemies, not yourself.

It's a chance to inflict additional bleeding damage over time.

Thanks! So basically WIDD and CFOW don't interact with each other.

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

We used to socket rings with huge percentages of Widd on it ... spend hours at the merchants switching tween them to find a single ring at a time with percentages of thirty or thirty five on it? This was online in those days and so you'd have a group of players online tween the two stalls *shopping* for hours.

Widd rings were very rare, but if you were lucky to be able to find or shop them you could socket them ...with spectacular damage but also with your HP flashing at close to zero if you wanted to really pull out the damage from the highest risk at lowest level of HP :D

:lol:

gogo

Gogo, is it possible to self host a server?

• Like! 1
18 hours ago, Zettt said:

Gogo, is it possible to self host a server?

I think some players were doing it in SP... mostly so they could self-share chest, there could be a guide around here somewhere, will see if i can dig it up.  As well, there is s player servers being hosted for players not online, they have "cracked the code" for this, ill get you the link

:viking:

gogo