Do we need to use Sacred 2 old account names on open servers today?

Hello everyone who still remembers me from years back. Had to come here to say hi and ask for simple question, do I still need to remember my old account names and everything to play this game on open network? I had two accounts on underworld closed hc, but those servers are gone for years ago so is there even any reason to remember what those names were? do they care or can I just create new one? Someone replied on my old ranged gladiator video on youtube and there I got spark to install the game again and try to get my wife to play it with me. Just got it running on this laptop and I hoped to install the other copy on our gaming pc and I hoping to play it online with her. Would be great if it still can be played via internet and not have to use local network cables like in old days. Any help?

• The title was changed to Do we need to use Sacred 2 old account names on open servers today?

Hi Obsession! Good seeing ya! :drunkards;  Far as I know the new way of getting into the lobby that some players here are hosting is with any name you require.. not like our HC days at all old friend

:)

gogo

Just for clarity, are we talking Sacred 1 or 2?  You mentioned Underworld.

Ascaron's servers are long gone, so as far as I know there would be nothing for your old credentials to authenticate to.  You would be starting from scratch.

Team play has to be done in Sacred 1 via LAN or else a third party software like Hamachi or Tunngle.