Sacred 2 - MODs - Removing Rune Exchange

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a MOD with some kind of "Higher Tier Combat Arts", making some spells way more powerful than others. However, I also want to make those "Higher Tier Combat Arts" harder to find...

That being Said, does anyone knows any way to remove a rune from the Rune Master's rune exchange option?

3 hours ago, felipemamedefranco said:

any way to remove a rune from the Rune Master's rune exchange option?

Impossible without code alteration.  A, technically, viable solution is to jack up the price to ridiculous levels. They, normally, use that method to create shortages in real life.

Hi @dimitrius154, thanks for your help.

I didn't really want to raise the price to ridiculous levels, because I didn't want Higher Tier CAs to be something that you just save a lot of money to buy it.

I wanted it to be more like something you achieve during the game.

I was thinking about putting one runemaster on the Great Machine Hall and removing the rest off the map, so rune exchange could only be a thing at the end of the game, when you are about to complete the main quest.

I Managed to remove all the rune masters by erasing their ID on creatures.txt, but I didn't find any file that specifies where the runemasters spawn, so I couldn't do more than that.

Do you know any way to make runemasters spawn at different locations without code alteration?

13 minutes ago, felipemamedefranco said:

Do you know any way to make runemasters spawn at different locations without code alteration?

Unless defined by a quest(like the first one, Zamanal) they are defined in the sector files. You can't get rid of the one in Sloeford(yes, Zamanal) without ruining the pertaining quest.