20 hours ago, Indy13 said:

@gogoblender  I saw your email somehow. I almost never check the inbox tied to this account lol.

So... how's it going? Not sure who still remembers me, more than 10 years...

HOlee molee Indy!!

Good seein you back!

Its' been like..hella years and years!! 

:dance2:

lol nostalgia and floating around in Ogame "subspace" the four of us needing a new home and you insisting on Dark for this site's name :4rofl:

Are you really in Japan?

:cow:

gogo

8 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

lol nostalgia and floating around in Ogame "subspace" the four of us needing a new home and you insisting on Dark for this site's name :4rofl:

Hey, I was a teenager, it had to be edgy lol. Also I wanted Dark Tranquility, but had to compromise in the end.

I've been living in Japan for about 5 years. Watching anime made me want to learn Japanese. First got a scholarship to study here, and now I'm working as a computer programmer in Tokyo. If you asked me back then, I would have never guessed my future would be like this.

Didn't even know people still played Sacred. The Diablo mod seems kinda cool.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Indy13 said:

Hey, I was a teenager, it had to be edgy lol. Also I wanted Dark Tranquility, but had to compromise in the end.

I've been living in Japan for about 5 years. Watching anime made me want to learn Japanese. First got a scholarship to study here, and now I'm working as a computer programmer in Tokyo. If you asked me back then, I would have never guessed my future would be like this.

like fifteen years ago :lol: ...but community loves care and kindness and we got that :superman: 

, and there's a few topics that have made it through last fifteen years *cough* Manga :P

Yah its become kind of like a cult game! :lol: There's a group of exceptional modders here who have worked with CM Patch and then Flix with his Diablo mod... it actually turns the entire game into a shiny new table top..monsters, CA's... easily one of the best mods in the world :thumbsup" and Dimitry has released his Addendum which is his way to appreciate the game almost error free and with some distinct new touch ups

What an understated claim to passion...Japan! U know I spend a lot of my time looking at paulo from tokyo... fascinated by last almost year now... 

the portioning of foods, diverse colors and forced appreciation for small portions and details... 

Great place to be! are you planning on making your move permanent?

From Manga to japanese to scholarship!

:highfives:

gogo

p.s. hey...what happened to your avatar! Shame Indy shame! ... oooh, we gots the indy whip :whip: 

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

like fifteen years ago :lol: ...but community loves care and kindness and we got that :superman: 

, and there's a few topics that have made it through last fifteen years *cough* Manga :P

It's funny because you weren't really into it back then.

Yah its become kind of like a cult game! :lol: There's a group of exceptional modders here who have worked with CM Patch and then Flix with his Diablo mod... it actually turns the entire game into a shiny new table top..monsters, CA's... easily one of the best mods in the world :thumbsup" and Dimitry has released his Addendum which is his way to appreciate the game almost error free and with some distinct new touch ups

I might give it a try, if I can get back into the graphics of the game... I've been playing PoE sometimes, but the endgame could be better. There's too many one-shot mechanics in that one. Waiting to see what they'll do with PoE 2.

What an understated claim to passion...Japan! U know I spend a lot of my time looking at paulo from tokyo... fascinated by last almost year now... 

the portioning of foods, diverse colors and forced appreciation for small portions and details... 

I don't really follow youtubers so I don't know this channel, but I can agree that food in Japan is usually good. I have yet to eat in any place here and think "wow this is really bad, I can't eat this". Any place is average at worst. Only downside sometimes is that most non-Japanese food is Japanised to some extent. Pasta and pizza being the worst offenders lol. Again, it's not bad, just not what you would expect.

Great place to be! are you planning on making your move permanent?

I already own a house here and plan to apply for citizenship in a few years.

p.s. hey...what happened to your avatar! Shame Indy shame! ... oooh, we gots the indy whip :whip: 

Forum software ate it I suppose? I never removed it. Was it this one?

5799.jpg.4f460c0f1d4185b6666e443191ba31ce.jpg

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Indy13 said:

I might give it a try, if I can get back into the graphics of the game... I've been playing PoE sometimes, but the endgame could be better. There's too many one-shot mechanics in that one. Waiting to see what they'll do with PoE 2.

I don't really follow youtubers so I don't know this channel, but I can agree that food in Japan is usually good. I have yet to eat in any place here and think "wow this is really bad, I can't eat this". Any place is average at worst. Only downside sometimes is that most non-Japanese food is Japanised to some extent. Pasta and pizza being the worst offenders lol. Again, it's not bad, just not what you would expect.

And its something i only watch now and then... not uber fascination like the community and you here... Dang Indy you still go 'nanas for it! I remember you forcing me to watch episodes and then testing me on it to see if i "passed" :4rofl:

It's gotten rave reviews from many many players across a few communities.  Because of the enormity of the work Flix and his team did  you'll just blink when you see the tiniest details of in-game transformed, morphed, re-made..  its like an alternate Sacred Dimension... hows that for a cool weekend trip huh :crazy:

I think its the aesthetic and small organized portions per plate that fascinates me.  The food plates work on sub-levels ... first image, then colors, theme, story,  and finally flavorsj... bento is my thing and I'm hoping to work with my family to bring our own Sri Lankan food into something like this as a kind of contemporary elevation as south indian food because of its gravy/curry nature needs small compartments like that to keep the ingredients separated until eaten.  A food marriage opportunity just called out for fusion :superman:

oooh, where to visit :devil:

Dang Indy u still got that?? hahha didnt' Schot make that for you ?

C'mon ... T R A N S F O R M

:viking:

gogo

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

And its something I only watch now and then... not uber fascination like the community and you here... Dang Indy you still go 'nanas for it! I remember you forcing me to watch episodes and then testing me on it to see if I "passed" :4rofl:

To be honest, the amount of anime I've watched in the past years is rather low. Don't need to watch it when my life is now anime basically lol. Also either the quality has maybe gone down over the time, or there's some nostalgia factor into it.

It's gotten rave reviews from many many players across a few communities.  Because of the enormity of the work Flix and his team did  you'll just blink when you see the tiniest details of in-game transformed, morphed, re-made..  its like an alternate Sacred Dimension... hows that for a cool weekend trip huh :crazy:

Maybe I'll check it, I saw some mentions of texture packs and other improvements but didn't have time to read everything. Is there any quick guide to get the best installation options?

I think its the aesthetic and small organized portions per plate that fascinates me.  The food plates work on sub-levels ... first image, then colors, theme, story,  and finally flavorsj... bento is my thing and I'm hoping to work with my family to bring our own Sri Lankan food into something like this as a kind of contemporary elevation as south indian food because of its gravy/curry nature needs small compartments like that to keep the ingredients separated until eaten.  A food marriage opportunity just called out for fusion :superman:

I have some Indian co-workers, so a bit similar. They like the bento as well for when they cook food. They say it's more convenient than having 2-3 boxes like they would usually do in India. I'm not sure if anyone tried marketing it yet.

oooh, where to visit :devil:

Hmm... are you allergic to pets? lol

Dang Indy u still got that:) hahha didnt' Schot make that for you ?

Not sure, I picked the image and made some tweaks, but yeah I think someone else made some adjustments as well.

Speaking of Schot, is he still around? How about Claire, Jun... uhm, Llama? Those I can remember from the top of my head.