New Sacred 2 Video Interview by VITIVI!!

Hey guys

This is an interview VITIVI did at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany. The Interview is with the Executive Producer from Ascaron, Daniel Dumont.

Yes it's in German, but,if you're as spellbound as I am by anything regarding video on Sacred 2 these days, it's a very welcome treat.

Check out:

-Seraphim's long skirt looks fantastic while blowing in the wind.

-The texture and animation of the tiger is really good in this video and now I'm convinced they've gotten a tiger to look good

-The 3d camera is amazing. When the camera is about to swing into a mountain it's not forced to crawl up the side giving you a heads down view on the world as in Guild Wars, but actually
passes through
the mountain, being much easier to work with and a boon to new users of ingame camera use.

-The amount of detail that is allowed to be twirled around with the flick of the camera is amazing. Guild Wars offered just as much "power" with rotations, but Sacred 2 is swinging around a MUCH more highly detailed world.

Closing notes?

Make sure your comp is specced out ^^

VIVITI, thank you for the amazing interview, and if any of our German speakers here could help out with perhaps offering some insight into what's being said it would be fantastic.

Enjoy the vid guys...I know I did, and it's something I'm especially in replay.

Cheers!

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

ok, translating with the best german I can muster, so forgive me if there is some errors.

right up to 1.10 he pretty much says that all the chars are different in their own ways.

first he names:

- Shadow warrior

- Seraphim

- High elve

- druid

- inquisitor

- temple knight

after that he pretty much explains that like in S1 all chars will have class specific skills, armors, animations etc...

the chars will be very different, each with their own game sytyle.

At 1.10 he starts to talk about the mounts.

Each char will have 1 class specific mount. He names the hellhound and sabretooth tiger. HEllhound for shadow warrior, the tigre obviously for the seraph.

The class specific mounts will mainly be mystical creatures.

Their advantage is that they can be taken from game to game, can progress, and special attacks can be raised from your class-specific mounts.

each class specific mount allso has specific equipment (not 100% sure about this, bit too fast for me, maybe therion can help in the mount specific equip area)

for consoles

up to 2:50 somewhat he talks about sacred for console. About how instead of a mouse, you will use a controller (obviously) and instead of left and right click, each button will signify an attack.

(sry for my earlier wrong translation, it was so odd I listed to it step by step again, think I got it right this time)

more to come

Graphix.

Game for Xbox and pc he first says (at about 3.06)

When the interviewer asks for graphical improvements since S1, the german guy starts summing up

- New light physics

- Kinetic environments (moving leaves, grass, trees etc)

- shadows

- dust patters when u move over sand for example

- something he refers to as “raptor animation”

He explains: if u give the final blow to a creature, the creature will fly/fall accordingly, physically correct. If u hammer him down, he wont wall towars you, but away from you basically

- better weather environments (me mentions rain)

- day/night

Next topic reads: tell us something about multiplayer

For xboxs , sacred will be compatible with Xbox live

A feature where u can invite friends into your singleplayer campaign, thus fading the line between SP and MP. He also states that sacred is in essence more of a multiplayer game.

Up to 4 people/game in xbox MP

Different game mods like in S1 actually

Still on xbox. Split screen available where 2 people on 1 xbox share a campaign setting without the xbox live option engaged

Next question: how did u manage the loading times

He explains the tile system like in S1. We get the concept, Its basically map buffering. Too much to translate

Question about his most special part:

He likes the fact that the boundarys between SP and MP are fading with Sacred 2. And that people wont play a game in SP, and play it just by themselves, but are actually interacting with the community aswell.

End of interview. I ask all german people to take a quick look at this, and filter out all errors. I am sure of most of it, but then again, german aint my native language, now is it :Just_Cuz_21:

prOm

Edited by promatolya